FPL Competition - 2025/26

Predict the scores...if you can!

- LUFC Match Predictions
- Predict Six
- FA Cup Predictions

Plenty to choose from - dip in and have a go - all MOT members welcome. Just for fun.
Post Reply
User avatar
Muppet the Cat
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 18290
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: FPL Competition

Post by Muppet the Cat »

rab_rant wrote: ↑Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:18 am I noticed that you have the same strategy as me in that you have selected 11 players from different teams.... that seems to maximize the points return.... since there will be more games to get points from.
IMG_20210928_131400.jpg
Giving away state secrets there Rab :shock:
rab_rant

Re: FPL Competition

Post by rab_rant »

Muppet the Cat wrote: ↑Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:21 am Giving away state secrets there Rab :shock:
I think it's a fallacy to choose Ronaldo,McGuire and Shaw to be on my team, or Lukaku and Mount. Those five players would only represent two teams... and if they don't do well then you have limited your opportunities for scoring points, than if you had selected five players from different teams... and to select those players you should look at penalty-takers free kick takers, corner takers, and good crosses of the ball.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155105
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: FPL Competition

Post by 1964white »

Has everybody received this email

Reminder regarding FPL account security

We are aware of a small number of FPL managers reporting that their team has either been deleted or compromised in some way.

There is no indication or evidence of a security breach on the accounts of these individuals via fantasy.premierleague.com or the Premier League mobile app.

We would like to take this opportunity, however, to remind all FPL managers that sharing your FPL login credentials – email address and/or password – with third-party websites or applications puts the security of your FPL team at risk.

We have never condoned or endorsed the use of third-party websites or applications to aid FPL team management.

In addition, we recommend that FPL managers practise good password hygiene by using a strong password that would be hard to guess, creating a unique password for FPL that isn’t used elsewhere, and updating the password regularly.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78978
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: FPL Competition

Post by The Subhuman »

Yeah I got it
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 22381
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Re: FPL Competition

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: ↑Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:43 am Has everybody received this email

Reminder regarding FPL account security

We are aware of a small number of FPL managers reporting that their team has either been deleted or compromised in some way.

There is no indication or evidence of a security breach on the accounts of these individuals via fantasy.premierleague.com or the Premier League mobile app.

We would like to take this opportunity, however, to remind all FPL managers that sharing your FPL login credentials – email address and/or password – with third-party websites or applications puts the security of your FPL team at risk.

We have never condoned or endorsed the use of third-party websites or applications to aid FPL team management.

In addition, we recommend that FPL managers practise good password hygiene by using a strong password that would be hard to guess, creating a unique password for FPL that isn’t used elsewhere, and updating the password regularly.
I got the email mate :tup:

I was hoping somebody would have "deleted, or compromised" my team, as it would bound to be an improvement on how my team's performed so far this season :)
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78978
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: FPL Competition

Post by The Subhuman »

NFL fantasy well underway means I get a lot less time atm to work on my Prem team, I play in 22 fantasy football leagues and they all have to be set individually. And injuries are causing havoc, (I have 10 players on IR in one league) which means I'm spending a lot of time dealing with Americans to try to replace injured players

Only gone one EPL recently to set the line up and add a player every week..
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155105
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: FPL Competition

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: ↑Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:52 am I got the email mate :tup:

I was hoping somebody would have "deleted, or compromised" my team, as it would bound to be an improvement on how my team's performed so far this season :)
:rol: :rol: :rol:
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155105
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: FPL Competition

Post by 1964white »

I have two players who won't play due to injury this weekend.

Am I allowed to move two of my subs into my first XI without incurring any cost of points?
User avatar
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 22381
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Re: FPL Competition

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: ↑Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:59 pm I have two players who won't play due to injury this weekend.

Am I allowed to move two of my subs into my first XI without incurring any cost of points?
Yes, points only incurred if you're using more than your one free transfer, not for subs.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155105
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: FPL Competition

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: ↑Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:07 pm Yes, points only incurred if you're using more than your one free transfer, not for subs.
I've made one free transfer, so I can replace the two injured players with my subs mate??
User avatar
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 22381
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Re: FPL Competition

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: ↑Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:18 pm I've made one free transfer, so I can replace the two injured players with my subs mate??
Yes, won't cost any points
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155105
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: FPL Competition

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: ↑Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:22 pm Yes, won't cost any points
Done thanks J.
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41671
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: FPL Competition

Post by Cjay »

So i have moved Benrahma in for Pogba.

Toney in for Emmanuel Dennis.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
rab_rant

Re: FPL Competition

Post by rab_rant »

I have maximized the number of players that are in my week's team and none of them are from Man Utd... so I will get results from 11 different teams.
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41671
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: FPL Competition

Post by Cjay »

Pretty awful FF for me today so far
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
rab_rant

Re: FPL Competition

Post by rab_rant »

three people moved up and three people moved down hold the rest of stayed in place.

I moved up one position to 11th and still have five players to play on Sunday.

poor point scores for everybody
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41671
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: FPL Competition

Post by Cjay »

Bring in Toney and Benrahma and they do naff all.

Also i am definitely going to have to drop Kasper bloody Schmeichel
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155105
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: FPL Competition

Post by 1964white »

Anyone making transfers this week?
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78978
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: FPL Competition

Post by The Subhuman »

Can't remember tbh
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78978
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: FPL Competition

Post by The Subhuman »

Ahh yes, I bought in Gray from Everton..
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
Post Reply