Parker

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
Irish Ian
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 17206
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:53 pm
Location: Directly above the centre of the Earth.

Parker

Post by Irish Ian »

Jumps ship and moves from Fulham to replace Woodgate at Bournemouth.

I hear the deal was clinched when he heard there was a nice wee gents out fitters on the south coast.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155450
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Parker

Post by 1964white »

Irish Ian wrote: ↑Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:39 pm I hear the deal was clinched when he heard there was a nice wee gents out fitters on the south coast.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Muppet the Cat
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 18354
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Parker

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Do they sell nice tie pins 😀

However, Parker is judged harshly on here by most (IMO).
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20765
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Parker

Post by whiteswan »

Muppet the Cat wrote: ↑Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:55 pm Do they sell nice tie pins 😀

However, Parker is judged harshly on here by most (IMO).
I quite like him actually
User avatar
Muppet the Cat
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 18354
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Parker

Post by Muppet the Cat »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:12 pm I quite like him actually
Well that’s two of us then Swannie
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79200
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Parker

Post by The Subhuman »

Should have stayed working for Lady Penelope
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 6769
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:46 pm

Re: Parker

Post by Carrick Dave »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:12 pm I quite like him actually
I quite like him too Swannie, perhaps not for all the same reasons… :whistle:

He always seemed genuinely aggrieved when Fulham got beaten and wore his heart on his sleeve a bit, which I liked. Refreshing alternative to the Big Sams of this world.
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20765
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Parker

Post by whiteswan »

Carrick Dave wrote: ↑Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:06 pm I quite like him too Swannie, perhaps not for all the same reasons… :whistle:

He always seemed genuinely aggrieved when Fulham got beaten and wore his heart on his sleeve a bit, which I liked. Refreshing alternative to the Big Sams of this world.
Now then :)

I wish him well at Bournemouth (although I do like Woody)
User avatar
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3239
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:11 pm

Re: Parker

Post by mothbanquet »

I just don't see him having any better a time at Bournemouth than he did at Fulham, at very best it's a sideways move.

I am curious to see if he'll go back to the needlessly elaborate possession based game that only just scraped him promotion with the best on-paper squad in the Championship, or if he'll play the more scrappy and pragmatic game that almost got them out of the relegation zone last season.
User avatar
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 15058
Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 1:34 pm
Twitter: @motforum
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: Parker

Post by YorkshireSquare »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:12 pm I quite like him actually

I dont mind him, gained a lot of respect for him after their play-off win. Thought he spoke very openly and honestly. Never one to blame his players like Lampard.

I just don't think he's a very good manager.
Post Reply