Leeds Utd v Manchester United Match Thread - Bielsa Names Unchanged Starting XI

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds Utd v Manchester United Match Thread - Bielsa Names Unchanged Starting XI

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:08 pm Llorente & Struijk partnership impressive in my eyes Chilli :tup:
Shame Struijk will be dropped for Cooper. :roll:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds Utd v Manchester United Match Thread - Bielsa Names Unchanged Starting XI

Post by 1964white »

Overman wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:26 pm Absurdly, we don't have a proven goal scorer on the bench at this level.
We haven't had one on the bench for many seasons, in fact we are lucky if we have an ordinary striker on the bench :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:31 pm Scum doing us a favour by kicking Costa off the park
:rol: :rol: :rol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

John in Louisiana wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:47 pm Four minutes added
Ref blew his whistle early as he must have seen enough too :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

iscius wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:55 pm For those who think Bielsa only plays one way hasn't watched recent matches. The inclusion of Roberts and a greater emphasis on team midfield structure over countering shows a different picture. Leeds are now a more sophisticated mean in managing matches. There is a plan B and C now. Leeds now play like a legitimate top 6 team.in the EPL after one year.
Absolutely :tup:

I enjoyed our defending today, brilliant at the back even at all their corner-kicks.

Always enjoy clean sheets :-D
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Cjay wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:44 pm Personally if we can get an extra winger in I think Raph could do that for us in certain games.

Teams would leave 2 or 3 back just to deal with him.
Raphinia could do that but we do not want to become reliant on one player. Even though it could be argued we currently are in terms of creativity.
Potentially, Traore could be the answer if Wolves are willing to let him go and we can get him.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:01 pm So frustrating. Scum were there for the taking, easily our worst performance of the season. Far too many passengers not up for the fight, it wouldn't have been like that with fans there.
I have to disagree on that point SG

All our defensive players come out of that game with credit.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ron Swanson wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:44 pm Harrison, Costa and Roberts were all shite.

None of them should be in the side for the next game.
Squad players at best :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:14 pm Shame Struijk will be dropped for Cooper. :roll:
I truly hope not, thought Pascal was superb today.

In our five clean sheets since Christmas Struijk has played as a CB in all of them.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

A messy game lacking attacking quality but a workmanlike performance & a great point for Leeds.

Llorente, Struijk & Philips were absolutely superb. Meslier, Ayling & Alioski also played their part at the back.

Really impressed how we snuffed out a team sitting 2nd in the premier league table.

Sadly we missed the class of Raphinha going forward.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:39 pm I truly hope not, thought Pascal was superb today.

In our five clean sheets since Christmas Struijk has played as a CB in all of them.
But everyone said that last time. Of course Cooper waltzes straight back in.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:46 pm A messy game lacking attacking quality but a workmanlike performance & a great point for Leeds.

Llorente, Struijk & Philips were absolutely superb. Meslier, Ayling & Alioski also played their part at the back.

Really impressed how we snuffed out a team sitting 2nd in the premier league table.

Sadly we missed the class of Raphinha going forward.
This :tup:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

DDB220 wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:29 pm Raphinia could do that but we do not want to become reliant on one player. Even though it could be argued we currently are in terms of creativity.
Potentially, Traore could be the answer if Wolves are willing to let him go and we can get him.
We dont, very true but an out and out striker wouldn't appeal to Bielsa (remember Eddie and JKA) so we would need to sign someone more versatile imo.

A winger who can play up front or aa AM who can play false 9 perhaps.

Raph can definitely do that role to but thats if we sign a winger which i hope we do.

Not a big Traore fan tbh, very little substance and Bielsa would want him to lose a few stone of muscle mass.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:48 pm But everyone said that last time. Of course Cooper waltzes straight back in.
Would be a really poor decision if he did, the pecking order is secondary to the performances and Struijk and Llorente have been very solid.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:28 pm Would be a really poor decision if he did, the pecking order is secondary to the performances and Struijk and Llorente have been very solid.
Marcelo likes to stick with the same team win, lose or draw.

The pecking order concerns me :o
Ron Swanson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Ron Swanson »

The pecking order only really consists of Cooper, Ayling and Dallas, as the three senior players at the club.

Cooper has done very well to bring himself up to the level where he can be considered alongside Llorente and Koch... whilst Struijk has improved beyond any realistic expectations.

A top half finish and selection dilemmas probably weren’t both in the script for the season, but we are where we are.

It means we can concentrate on multiple fronts next term, if we bring in the right bodies in the summer.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

My views on watching the game were playing wise it was pretty much even stevens which is very much in our favour given the huge difference in class and player values.

The ref was horrendous. He was giving out yellow cards like confetti to our players. I believe he gave one to theirs, could be wrong...

I saw 3 handballs by their players which just went unchecked. One was mentioned on Sky which was (as per usual) unavoidable by their player!!

We were on the ball and heading towards goal, two of our players hacked down, play went on.... nothing given, not looked back at.

I know Bielsa is into the fair play thing but this is really hindering us in this league. Every other team go down so easily, we have been trained to get back up and keep playing, we play fairly but it is not doing us any favours.

I would have so loved us to get a late goal and stuff it up em!!

Going back to Cooper's red card, their player stayed on the pitch.... Raphinha's cynical take out has kept him out of our last 2 games, surely it is now time to look at this kind of thing? Maybe this would eradicate the cheating?

Glad we took a point but would have preferred 3.

:bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
RebelWhite
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by RebelWhite »

Not the most entertaining game nor our most pleasing performance but I loved the grit , determination and pragmatism today. Especially against THEM .

Dare I say it, are we getting harder to beat , and harder to score against ?
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

becchio bear wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:29 pm My views on watching the game were playing wise it was pretty much even stevens which is very much in our favour given the huge difference in class and player values.

The ref was horrendous. He was giving out yellow cards like confetti to our players. I believe he gave one to theirs, could be wrong...

I saw 3 handballs by their players which just went unchecked. One was mentioned on Sky which was (as per usual) unavoidable by their player!!

We were on the ball and heading towards goal, two of our players hacked down, play went on.... nothing given, not looked back at.

I know Bielsa is into the fair play thing but this is really hindering us in this league. Every other team go down so easily, we have been trained to get back up and keep playing, we play fairly but it is not doing us any favours.

I would have so loved us to get a late goal and stuff it up em!!

Going back to Cooper's red card, their player stayed on the pitch.... Raphinha's cynical take out has kept him out of our last 2 games, surely it is now time to look at this kind of thing? Maybe this would eradicate the cheating?

Glad we took a point but would have preferred 3.

:bear:
Totally agree with this summary.

As others have mentioned, I was also very disappointed with Harrison, Costa and Roberts. There is no physical presence between them, hesitating in the tackle, not covering back. This gave Man U impetus on the wings and limited our out of defence options.

Also very disappointed with Klich when he came on - he looked like he had played the whole game. Time to move on here I think.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:44 pm Marcelo likes to stick with the same team win, lose or draw.

The pecking order concerns me :o
Me to.

It clearly works to a point just aslong as he doesnt let loyalty get in the way of progress.
Signed

King Cjay