RIP JimIrish Ian wrote: ↑Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:29 pm Jim McLean.
One of the few who came close to breaking the Old Firm monopoly in Scotland,
I remember their run to the Uefa Cup Final, iirc it was their 55th game of the season and his squad were absolutely done in.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55456071
RIP To Those Departed
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155483
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: RIP To those departed
- Muppet the Cat
- Moderator

- Posts: 18363
- Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 pm
- Location: Cardiff
Re: RIP To those departed
Never came across as the type of manger you’d mess with if you were one of his players
Like you’ve said Ian other than Fergie at Aberdeen the only one in the last few decades to the challenged and beaten the two Glasgow giants.
Like you’ve said Ian other than Fergie at Aberdeen the only one in the last few decades to the challenged and beaten the two Glasgow giants.
-
paddy parrott
- Manager

- Posts: 2669
- Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:39 pm
Re: RIP To those departed
Rest in Peace. Jim mc lean a terrific manager & what a side he helped build.
Saw them way back 84/85 season could name the majority of that side. Entertaining ,classy and some right attacking flair. They had the lot and a joy to watch.
May you rest in peace Mr.mc Lean.
Saw them way back 84/85 season could name the majority of that side. Entertaining ,classy and some right attacking flair. They had the lot and a joy to watch.
May you rest in peace Mr.mc Lean.
- White Riot
- Superstar

- Posts: 22420
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
- Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Re: RIP To those departed
Just heard that Tommy Docherty died, RIP.
Great manager and a good fella.
He produced some great attacking footy at Man U, aptly demonstrated by Gordon Hill and Steve Coppell
Great manager and a good fella.
He produced some great attacking footy at Man U, aptly demonstrated by Gordon Hill and Steve Coppell
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155483
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: RIP To those departed
I remember Tommy Doc resigning on a Friday, the day before Chelsea were due Leeds at ER, their players were shellshocked
Leeds thumped them 7-0
What memories for a 12yo kid that still lives with me to this day
RIP Tommy
Leeds thumped them 7-0
What memories for a 12yo kid that still lives with me to this day
RIP Tommy
- billysboots
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 1493
- Joined: Mon May 26, 2003 7:29 am
- Location: N.Ireland
Re: RIP To those departed
RIP Tommy.
Best wishes to everyone on here who lost somebody to Covid, I hope 2021 is kinder to you all.
Best wishes to everyone on here who lost somebody to Covid, I hope 2021 is kinder to you all.
There Is Only One United.
- Muppet the Cat
- Moderator

- Posts: 18363
- Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 pm
- Location: Cardiff
Re: RIP To those departed
A good few years ago I saw Tommy D, together with Malcolm Allison in one of those ‘evening with’ type shows.
A funny man with some great stories from his many years in management.
RIP Tommy
A funny man with some great stories from his many years in management.
RIP Tommy
-
paddy parrott
- Manager

- Posts: 2669
- Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:39 pm
Re: RIP To those departed
RIP Tommy Docherty. A terrific manager and a true football legend..
Once asked about upcoming opposition he retorted: they have weaknesses ..( but I cant find them).
Once asked about upcoming opposition he retorted: they have weaknesses ..( but I cant find them).
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155483
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: RIP To those departed
Thanks Billy, a kind wishbillysboots wrote: ↑Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:13 pm RIP Tommy.
Best wishes to everyone on here who lost somebody to Covid, I hope 2021 is kinder to you all.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155483
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: RIP To those departed
Gerry Marsden passed away age 78yo
RIP
RIP
- White Riot
- Superstar

- Posts: 22420
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
- Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155483
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: RIP To those departed
I use to have all the Gerry & the Pacemakers hit singles in my collection.
The new bulletins are showing a clip from Top Of The Pops, I rarely missed TOTP's during the 60's/70's.
- billie1
- First Team

- Posts: 1299
- Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:13 pm
- Location: Gloucestershire
-
Denman
- Reserve Player

- Posts: 389
- Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:55 am
Re: RIP To those departed
Zoe Davison (horse race trainer). Only 60. RIP.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155483
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155483
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
- billie1
- First Team

- Posts: 1299
- Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:13 pm
- Location: Gloucestershire
Re: RIP To those departed
He produced some of Gerry’s records . He was a record producer back in the day called Ron Richards . I went to school with his younger son who I have been friends with ever since . Ron was a brilliant man and very modest . There was no clue around his house about what he did for a living or his achievements which were considerable . I found an article in the Independent about him which I thought might interest you ( Ron is the man wearing glasses in the photo )
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.inde ... html%3famp
- White Riot
- Superstar

- Posts: 22420
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
- Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Re: RIP To those departed
I was a bit young for G&TPM 64 but love that Mersey sound, being born in 62 I was fully on board with Beatlemania.
I have a strong Mersey connection on my Mam's side as she was born in Birkenhead, and we used to visit a lot and catch the ferry to Liverpool. During one visit, as a six year old, we had heard the Beatles were staying at the Adlephi Hotel, so I asked my parents to go and take me to meet them. They refused, so I got my coat and ran off to catch the ferry. My mother caught up with me and we then went and stood outside the Adelphi all day, but never saw hide nor hair of any Beatles
Echo and the Bunnymen have always been one of my favourite bands, the fab 4 of my generation
Mainly got John Peel to thank for my musical taste.
Scousers are good folks.
Our whole family used to sit and watch TOTP every week, better times mate
- Chilli D
- Superstar

- Posts: 8800
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm
Re: RIP To those departed
The Killing Moon and The Cutter are two of my all time favourite tracks.White Riot wrote: ↑Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:07 am I was a bit young for G&TPM 64 but love that Mersey sound, being born in 62 I was fully on board with Beatlemania.
I have a strong Mersey connection on my Mam's side as she was born in Birkenhead, and we used to visit a lot and catch the ferry to Liverpool. During one visit, as a six year old, we had heard the Beatles were staying at the Adlephi Hotel, so I asked my parents to go and take me to meet them. They refused, so I got my coat and ran off to catch the ferry. My mother caught up with me and we then went and stood outside the Adelphi all day, but never saw hide nor hair of any Beatles![]()
Echo and the Bunnymen have always been one of my favourite bands, the fab 4 of my generation![]()
Mainly got John Peel to thank for my musical taste.
Scousers are good folks.
Our whole family used to sit and watch TOTP every week, better times mate![]()
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
- White Riot
- Superstar

- Posts: 22420
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
- Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria