Leeds United v West Ham Utd - Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds United v West Ham Utd - Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

Fridge wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:51 pm Bielsa said in his post match conference that he brought on Roberts instead of Pablo because he wanted him to play up top.

Why not push Rodrigo up into his natural position up top and put Pablo in midfield?
That would have been a better option

Bielsa is obsessed with certain players
1964white

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:56 pm My thoughts too. Roberts is shite, Pablo is a magician.... bring him back into the fold Bielsa...things are going wrong without him :bear:
Nail on the head young lady

Majority of us are of the same thinking :tup:
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

1964white wrote: That would have been a better option

It can equally be said that fans are obsessed with certain players.

Sent from my SM-T515 using Tapatalk

whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:41 pm Bielsa cutting off his nose to spite his face.

The game was more or less was dead in the water, taking off our only goalscorer was a huge error, not using Pablo our only other regular scorer was mind-boggling, sending Roberts on was nothing short of criminal killing the game instantly.

I wonder how many Leeds fans had their heads in their heads at that moment?
I don't like to criticise the great man after all he's done for us. But.....if his 'spat' with Pablo is costing us games because he is too stubborn to play him then that is just plain wrong and unfair to the club and its supporters!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rab_rant wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:47 pm It can equally be said that fans are obsessed with certain players.

Sent from my SM-T515 using Tapatalk
No Rab, we just want to see our best players on the pitch, not those who are subbed more often than not due to their ineffectiveness!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:48 pm I don't like to criticise the great man after all he's done for us. But.....if his 'spat' with Pablo is costing us games because he is too stubborn to play him then that is just plain wrong and unfair to the club and its supporters!
Indeed Swannie :tup:

Once again you could see how animated & angry Marcelo was on the touchline, much more so than last season. Expecting players to reach the same standards in the PL is naive & obviously causing him much frustration.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

1964white wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:45 pm That would have been a better option

More or less agree. Rodrigo still seems rusty. Would have left Bamford up front and brought Pablo on for Rodrigo
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:08 pm Angry! I'm still fizzing Leon :x
Took houndie out for a hour and half walk and kept thinking about that game last night! We keep saying that the players need to adapt to the Premier League....but so does the manager. I feel that if Bielsa is deliberately not playing Pablo ( or any other player) due to that spat, then he is jeopardising our clubs premier league survival, especially as we have 2 international out injured. He should be playing our best players.....he made his point re Pablo weeks ago!
Just about getting over it Swannie. I turned to my music that rarely lets me down & realise there's more to life than LUFC

Could be the reason why Bielsa rarely stays at any club too long, he falls out with people when he should be resolving such problems. His tenure at Leeds is the longest at any club.

I can see him walking if things don't improve :(
1964white

Post by 1964white »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:18 pm More or less agree. Rodrigo still seems rusty. Would have left Bamford up front and brought Pablo on for Rodrigo
A even better option, we rarely improve when Bamford is subbed

I was disappointed with Rodrigo too!
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

1964white wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:41 pm Bielsa cutting off his nose to spite his face.

The game was more or less was dead in the water, taking off our only goalscorer was a huge error, not using Pablo our only other regular scorer was mind-boggling, sending Roberts on was nothing short of criminal killing the game instantly.

I wonder how many Leeds fans had their heads in their heads at that moment?
Has MB lost the dressing room?
I was shaking my head in disbelief that he took Bambi off
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Velotrax wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:28 pm Has MB lost the dressing room?
I was shaking my head in disbelief that he took Bambi off
I think we all were Velo

I threw the towel in as soon as that sub was made :(
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

1964white wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:38 pm I think we all were Velo

I threw the towel in as soon as that sub was made :(
Me too I switched it off as soon as I saw Roberts
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

Jeez! Some of the comments on here 🙄
I thought we’d been relegated not lost a game.
Yes, we were poor in most areas last night but it’s not the end of the world.

We just need to cut out the self inflicted mistakes when in possession - it really is that simple.
When in possession, we bomb forwards so if a badly placed blind pass across midfield gets cut out, we are on the back foot.
It’s happening at least three times per game over the last four or five games.
Yes, there are a few other gripes, but in general it’s nothing major.

Also, Bielsa has been polishing a turd week in week out with average Championship players since he started (and in the main, making a decent job of it)

PS, I’ve just sat through that bore-fest of a scum derby, and I know what type of football I’d chose every time 😉
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:15 pm Marcelo believes we have enough even though we are leaking goals like water from a leaky bucket with our championship defence. Fulham, West Brom & the Blunts are in the same predicament, you need to be solid at the back in the PL, somewhat difficult when we leave ourselves exposed & have no one who can win challenges in the air.

Goals conceded after 12 games

2019/20 Championship = 6 - Settled CB partnership,
2020/21 Premier League = 22 - 5 different CB partnerships ...

It's not rocket science nor is it anything we can do much about but ride it out at the moment till we get a Cooper/Llorente run of games imo..add the fact this is a step up so goals against were likely to increase.

Missing out on White could be key come April
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Finnatic wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:28 pm Jeez! Some of the comments on here 🙄
I thought we’d been relegated not lost a game.
Yes, we were poor in most areas last night but it’s not the end of the world.

We just need to cut out the self inflicted mistakes when in possession - it really is that simple.
When in possession, we bomb forwards so if a badly placed blind pass across midfield gets cut out, we are on the back foot.
It’s happening at least three times per game over the last four or five games.
Yes, there are a few other gripes, but in general it’s nothing major.

Also, Bielsa has been polishing a turd week in week out with average Championship players since he started (and in the main, making a decent job of it)

PS, I’ve just sat through that bore-fest of a scum derby, and I know what type of football I’d chose every time 😉
Actually I agree with much of your post Finn, however if we keep chucking points away when in a decent position through silly errors during a game it does become major.

You must be concerned with our defending?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I don't think Bielsa polishing turds theory stands up to scrutiny.. These are the players he wants to coach. There maybe an issue with what the fans want to accomplish and what the manager is trying to do...

I think if you want a squad full of high priced talent with a lot of prem experience then you maybe at odds with Bielsa's philosophy
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

Well said, faaif, there are other people on here who do feel that way it seems.

I myself, am happy with what we’ve got, but I still stick with the polishing turds theme,
Half the team are average Championship players that he’s inherited and he’s weeded out some of the dross and moulded into a decent squad (with a few additions, all within ffp)
Put them into other championship sides and they would eventually revert to type, IMO
Last edited by Finnatic on Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:56 pm[/b]

Missing out on White could be key come April
I agree I reckon we would have more points on the board had we secured Ben White's services
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Would have been well worth it...
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:17 pm I agree I reckon we would have more points on the board had we secured Ben White's services
But how many on here said we shouldn't bow to Brightons demands? Many did.........