The explanation is right there. It was Pablo's wife's birthday. He obviously asked for the day off.
Pablo Hernandez
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- andrewjohnsmith
- Superstar

- Posts: 13058
- Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
- Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)
Re: Pablo Hernandez
- Fridge
- First Team

- Posts: 1432
- Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:13 am
Re: Pablo Hernandez
Yes
andrewjohnsmith wrote: ↑Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:40 pm The explanation is right there. It was Pablo's wife's birthday. He obviously asked for the day off.
Not sure that is the case. Bielsa really didn't want to talk about it in the presser.
I don't get the impression that Pablo would miss a vital chance at Premier League game time for his wife's birthday, think there's more to it than that.
- BGwhite
- Superstar

- Posts: 6571
- Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:02 am
Re: Pablo Hernandez
Koch-on cjCjay wrote:Its concerning.
Bielsa if you upset Bielsa he isnt against simply dropping you no matter who you are.
I hope they work it out because we need Pablo.
It was the wrong call, MB got that wrong imo but Pablo shouldn't question his authority but then again MB could handle it better, man management
Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk
- andrewjohnsmith
- Superstar

- Posts: 13058
- Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
- Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)
- Fridge
- First Team

- Posts: 1432
- Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:13 am
Re: Pablo Hernandez
Fair play pal, didn’t pick up on that
- becchio bear
- Superstar

- Posts: 19296
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
- Twitter: @Becchiobear
- Location: Bramley Leeds
Re: Pablo Hernandez
My thoughts exactly. My heart sank when I saw him coming on i'm afraid.Carrick Dave wrote: ↑Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:21 pm I've got to agree with SG90 here, even if Roberts is great in training he repeatedly fails to carry it onto the pitch when it matters on a Saturday.
I don't want to pan the guy here because he has shown glimpses on occasion, but nothing to justify his continued inclusion - I caught myself saying "nooooo" out loud today when I saw him taking the warm-up top off.
Why not Poveda from the options available? Can't see what Marcelo does I'm afraid
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155301
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155301
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Pablo Hernandez
I reckon the majority of Leeds fans reacted in the same why, for some reason TR is one of Bielsa's favouritesCarrick Dave wrote: ↑Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:21 pm I don't want to pan the guy here because he has shown glimpses on occasion, but nothing to justify his continued inclusion - I caught myself saying "nooooo" out loud today when I saw him taking the warm-up top off.
Why not Poveda from the options available? Can't see what Marcelo does I'm afraid
'Cut off your nose to spite your face' comes to mind
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155301
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Pablo Hernandez
I felt sick againbecchio bear wrote: ↑Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:33 pm My thoughts exactly. My heart sank when I saw him coming on i'm afraid.![]()
So disillusioned with the whole of the afternoon shenanigans tbh young lady
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79072
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Pablo Hernandez
Well saidCjay wrote: ↑Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:04 pm Its concerning.
Bielsa if you upset Bielsa he isnt against simply dropping you no matter who you are.
I hope they work it out because we need Pablo.
It was the wrong call, MB got that wrong imo but Pablo shouldn't question his authority but then again MB could handle it better, man management
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
-
gessa
Re: Pablo Hernandez
No Jamie Shackleton and Pablo Hernandez. Can you explain their absences today?
Shackleton received a knock in training yesterday and Pablo is fit and he was not in the squad for today's game.
If he's fit then it's unusual that you don't involve him. Is there any issue with him?
I evaluate all the players for the upcoming game and I didn't pick him for this game. The decision may seem strange but I chose the 18 players who I feel are most apt for the game
Shackleton received a knock in training yesterday and Pablo is fit and he was not in the squad for today's game.
If he's fit then it's unusual that you don't involve him. Is there any issue with him?
I evaluate all the players for the upcoming game and I didn't pick him for this game. The decision may seem strange but I chose the 18 players who I feel are most apt for the game
- Fridge
- First Team

- Posts: 1432
- Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:13 am
Re: Pablo Hernandez
Apology from Pablo on an Instagram caption this morning:
”Apologies for my gesture the other day, it was a reaction that nothing describes my way of being or my way of thinking. I have always represented and will represent the values of this club and this fans as they deserve”
Let’s hope that’s the end of it now.
”Apologies for my gesture the other day, it was a reaction that nothing describes my way of being or my way of thinking. I have always represented and will represent the values of this club and this fans as they deserve”
Let’s hope that’s the end of it now.
- Scoobychief
- Manager

- Posts: 3687
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:18 pm
Re: Pablo Hernandez
yeah lets hope so, he has apologised and to be replace by a useless kid in the shape of roberts, no wonder he acted that way, desperately missed him yesterday and it showed.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155301
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Pablo Hernandez
Lets hope so as we were desperately short of quality & leadership. I'm sure Klich missed his presence.Fridge wrote: ↑Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:34 pm Apology from Pablo on an Instagram caption this morning:
”Apologies for my gesture the other day, it was a reaction that nothing describes my way of being or my way of thinking. I have always represented and will represent the values of this club and this fans as they deserve”
Let’s hope that’s the end of it now.
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79072
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Pablo Hernandez
Hernandez is quality and we're forgetting no preseason and early injuries for Pablo leading to rust. He was just beggining to look good as he was replaced last week
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- Smudge3920
- Superstar

- Posts: 5203
- Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:08 pm
- Location: Canada
Re: Pablo Hernandez
Leeds United: Phil Hay details how Pablo Hernandez is viewed behind the scenes
https://www.givemesport.com/1614759-lee ... the-scenes
https://www.givemesport.com/1614759-lee ... the-scenes
- andrewjohnsmith
- Superstar

- Posts: 13058
- Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
- Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)
Re: Pablo Hernandez
It makes me think that it was easy for Bielsa to drop Hernandez for a game and make an example to the rest of the squad. Maybe easier than it was to drop any other player. Pablo is mature enough to know he was wrong after the fact. I bet it was a real simple, informal discussion.Smudge3920 wrote: ↑Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:15 pm Leeds United: Phil Hay details how Pablo Hernandez is viewed behind the scenes
https://www.givemesport.com/1614759-lee ... the-scenes
-
Overman
- Manager

- Posts: 3324
- Joined: Wed May 15, 2019 11:04 pm
Re: Pablo Hernandez
Well no one is infallible, at least it showed some passion and that he gives a s**t. It must be disheartening though to be replaced by Roberts.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155301
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
- Cjay
- Superstar

- Posts: 41724
- Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm
Re: Pablo Hernandez
Is Pablo done here do we think?
Reports he isnt even training with the 1st team.
He cant be that unfit surely?
Would be a really sad end.
Reports he isnt even training with the 1st team.
He cant be that unfit surely?
Would be a really sad end.
Signed
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Hernandez, Pablo