Pablo Hernandez

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
Hernandez, Pablo · 2016–2021
Hernandez, Pablo
Spain Hernandez, Pablo
Midfielder
b. 11th April 1985 (age 41)
175
Apps
36
Goals
139
Starts
36
Sub Apps
Al-Arabi
Signed 01/08/2016 – 30/06/2021
Al-Arabi → CD Castellon (Loan to Permanent)
Last 6 Appearances
23 May 2021 · Premier League
3–1 W ↓ for Roberts, Tyler
1 May 2021 · Premier League
0–2 L ↑ for Llorente, Diego
19 Apr 2021 · Premier League
1–1 D ↑ for Roberts, Tyler
27 Feb 2021 · Premier League
0–1 L ↑ for Roberts, Tyler
23 Feb 2021 · Premier League
3–0 W ↑ for Roberts, Tyler
19 Feb 2021 · Premier League
0–1 L ↑ for Shackleton, Jamie
User avatar
andrewjohnsmith
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 13058
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Fridge wrote: ↑Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:15 pm Tweet from Pablo's wife...


Cryptic, so not much you can draw from it. But there ya go anyway.
The explanation is right there. It was Pablo's wife's birthday. He obviously asked for the day off.
User avatar
Fridge
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1432
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:13 am

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Post by Fridge »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: ↑Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:39 pm I didn't know that part - assuming Sergio Garcia?
Yes

andrewjohnsmith wrote: ↑Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:40 pm The explanation is right there. It was Pablo's wife's birthday. He obviously asked for the day off.

Not sure that is the case. Bielsa really didn't want to talk about it in the presser.

I don't get the impression that Pablo would miss a vital chance at Premier League game time for his wife's birthday, think there's more to it than that.
User avatar
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6571
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:02 am

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Post by BGwhite »

Cjay wrote:Its concerning.

Bielsa if you upset Bielsa he isnt against simply dropping you no matter who you are.

I hope they work it out because we need Pablo.

It was the wrong call, MB got that wrong imo but Pablo shouldn't question his authority but then again MB could handle it better, man management
Koch-on cj

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

User avatar
andrewjohnsmith
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 13058
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Fridge wrote: ↑Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:50 pm I don't get the impression that Pablo would miss a vital chance at Premier League game time for his wife's birthday, think there's more to it than that.
I was joking on that part
User avatar
Fridge
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1432
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:13 am

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Post by Fridge »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: ↑Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:58 pm I was joking on that part
Fair play pal, didn’t pick up on that
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Post by becchio bear »

Carrick Dave wrote: ↑Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:21 pm I've got to agree with SG90 here, even if Roberts is great in training he repeatedly fails to carry it onto the pitch when it matters on a Saturday.

I don't want to pan the guy here because he has shown glimpses on occasion, but nothing to justify his continued inclusion - I caught myself saying "nooooo" out loud today when I saw him taking the warm-up top off.

Why not Poveda from the options available? Can't see what Marcelo does I'm afraid
My thoughts exactly. My heart sank when I saw him coming on i'm afraid. :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155308
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: ↑Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:10 pm Maybe so, but what has Roberts done to justify his continued selection?
He's done nothing but that's another matter
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155308
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Post by 1964white »

Carrick Dave wrote: ↑Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:21 pm I don't want to pan the guy here because he has shown glimpses on occasion, but nothing to justify his continued inclusion - I caught myself saying "nooooo" out loud today when I saw him taking the warm-up top off.

Why not Poveda from the options available? Can't see what Marcelo does I'm afraid
I reckon the majority of Leeds fans reacted in the same why, for some reason TR is one of Bielsa's favourites

'Cut off your nose to spite your face' comes to mind
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155308
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote: ↑Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:33 pm My thoughts exactly. My heart sank when I saw him coming on i'm afraid. :bear:
I felt sick again :(

So disillusioned with the whole of the afternoon shenanigans tbh young lady :(
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79072
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: ↑Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:04 pm Its concerning.

Bielsa if you upset Bielsa he isnt against simply dropping you no matter who you are.

I hope they work it out because we need Pablo.

It was the wrong call, MB got that wrong imo but Pablo shouldn't question his authority but then again MB could handle it better, man management
Well said
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
gessa

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Post by gessa »

No Jamie Shackleton and Pablo Hernandez. Can you explain their absences today?
Shackleton received a knock in training yesterday and Pablo is fit and he was not in the squad for today's game.


If he's fit then it's unusual that you don't involve him. Is there any issue with him?
I evaluate all the players for the upcoming game and I didn't pick him for this game. The decision may seem strange but I chose the 18 players who I feel are most apt for the game
User avatar
Fridge
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1432
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:13 am

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Post by Fridge »

Apology from Pablo on an Instagram caption this morning:

”Apologies for my gesture the other day, it was a reaction that nothing describes my way of being or my way of thinking. I have always represented and will represent the values of this club and this fans as they deserve”

Let’s hope that’s the end of it now.
User avatar
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3687
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:18 pm

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Post by Scoobychief »

yeah lets hope so, he has apologised and to be replace by a useless kid in the shape of roberts, no wonder he acted that way, desperately missed him yesterday and it showed.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155308
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Post by 1964white »

Fridge wrote: ↑Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:34 pm Apology from Pablo on an Instagram caption this morning:

”Apologies for my gesture the other day, it was a reaction that nothing describes my way of being or my way of thinking. I have always represented and will represent the values of this club and this fans as they deserve”

Let’s hope that’s the end of it now.
Lets hope so as we were desperately short of quality & leadership. I'm sure Klich missed his presence.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79072
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Post by The Subhuman »

Hernandez is quality and we're forgetting no preseason and early injuries for Pablo leading to rust. He was just beggining to look good as he was replaced last week
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5203
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:08 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Post by Smudge3920 »

Leeds United: Phil Hay details how Pablo Hernandez is viewed behind the scenes

https://www.givemesport.com/1614759-lee ... the-scenes
User avatar
andrewjohnsmith
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 13058
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Smudge3920 wrote: ↑Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:15 pm Leeds United: Phil Hay details how Pablo Hernandez is viewed behind the scenes

https://www.givemesport.com/1614759-lee ... the-scenes
It makes me think that it was easy for Bielsa to drop Hernandez for a game and make an example to the rest of the squad. Maybe easier than it was to drop any other player. Pablo is mature enough to know he was wrong after the fact. I bet it was a real simple, informal discussion.
Overman
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3324
Joined: Wed May 15, 2019 11:04 pm

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Post by Overman »

Well no one is infallible, at least it showed some passion and that he gives a s**t. It must be disheartening though to be replaced by Roberts.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155308
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Post by 1964white »

Overman wrote: ↑Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:39 am Well no one is infallible, at least it showed some passion and that he gives a s**t. It must be disheartening though to be replaced by Roberts.
It's disheartening for our fans too
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41726
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Post by Cjay »

Is Pablo done here do we think?

Reports he isnt even training with the 1st team.

He cant be that unfit surely?

Would be a really sad end.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Post Reply