Costa in Wetherby...

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3891
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:57 am

Costa in Wetherby...

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

I happened to go into Costa Coffee in Wetherby this afternoon, though I don't really go to Wetherby very often. Just coming out of the shop as I went in was Luke Ayling with his partner and young child. Seems that some of the players frequent Costa as well as Bielsa. There was no sign of the Boss though....Ayling is a tall gangly bloke in real life - he should have plenty of presence in aerial battles....
User avatar
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 15055
Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 1:34 pm
Twitter: @motforum
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: Costa in Wetherby...

Post by YorkshireSquare »

A lot of the players live in and around Wetherby, Ayling a regular in M&S
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3891
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:57 am

Re: Costa in Wetherby...

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

:tup:
YorkshireSquare wrote: ↑Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:38 pm A lot of the players live in and around Wetherby, Ayling a regular in M&S
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155415
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Costa in Wetherby...

Post by 1964white »

YorkshireSquare wrote: ↑Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:38 pm A lot of the players live in and around Wetherby, Ayling a regular in M&S
Affluent area.

We looked at properties around Wetherby when we moved back to Yorkshire 20 years ago, way out of our league then
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3891
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:57 am

Re: Costa in Wetherby...

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

1964white wrote: ↑Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:31 pm Affluent area.

We looked at properties around Wetherby when we moved back to Yorkshire 20 years ago, way out of our league then
There seem to be about a hundred estate agents in Wetherby. As you say, it is pricey. It's a beautiful town though, I prefer it to Harrogate.
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20763
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Costa in Wetherby...

Post by whiteswan »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: ↑Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:16 pm I happened to go into Costa Coffee in Wetherby this afternoon, though I don't really go to Wetherby very often. Just coming out of the shop as I went in was Luke Ayling with his partner and young child. Seems that some of the players frequent Costa as well as Bielsa. There was no sign of the Boss though....Ayling is a tall gangly bloke in real life - he should have plenty of presence in aerial battles....
Were his locks in full flow? :)
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3891
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:57 am

Re: Costa in Wetherby...

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:07 pm Were his locks in full flow? :)
Didn't really notice whether ponytail or full flow locks... . he was walking too slowly anyway for full flow :)

You never know, I might spot Costa in Costa next..
User avatar
Fridge
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1432
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:13 am

Re: Costa in Wetherby...

Post by Fridge »

Can’t imagine what I’d do if I went out for a coffee and God walked in :roflmao:
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20763
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Costa in Wetherby...

Post by whiteswan »

Fridge wrote: ↑Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:31 pm Can’t imagine what I’d do if I went out for a coffee and God walked in :roflmao:
Nice avator fridge :)
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155415
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Costa in Wetherby...

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:59 pm Nice avator fridge :)
I love it too, of course I would Swannie as my boy has lived up to my expectations

Kalvin for England :eng:
User avatar
Fridge
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1432
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:13 am

Re: Costa in Wetherby...

Post by Fridge »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:59 pm Nice avator fridge :)
1964white wrote: ↑Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:15 am I love it too, of course I would Swannie as my boy has lived up to my expectations

Kalvin for England :eng:
I think we’re all proud to have a Leeds player wear the England shirt again. It certainly makes it easier to watch Southgate’s dreadful tactics.

It’s a testament to Phillips’ character that he has done so well since getting his call up, and not just on the pitch. When you have young players like Greenwood, Chilwell, Sancho and Abraham breaking lockdown rules or Foden messing around behind his partner’s back on international duty it just goes to show how level headed KP is.

Very proud to have an ambassador like him for our club. It’s refreshing to see a young footballer who cares only about his family, the club and playing the game.
User avatar
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2384
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:29 pm
Location: Santa Monica, USA

Re: Costa in Wetherby...

Post by Lumiukko »

Fridge wrote: ↑Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:51 am I think we’re all proud to have a Leeds player wear the England shirt again. It certainly makes it easier to watch Southgate’s dreadful tactics.

It’s a testament to Phillips’ character that he has done so well since getting his call up, and not just on the pitch. When you have young players like Greenwood, Chilwell, Sancho and Abraham breaking lockdown rules or Foden messing around behind his partner’s back on international duty it just goes to show how level headed KP is.

Very proud to have an ambassador like him for our club. It’s refreshing to see a young footballer who cares only about his family, the club and playing the game.
Indeed, well said. The sky is the limit for KP, and any success that comes his way will be all well-earned. He's a credit to our club, to the kids who look up to him, and a great advert for working hard. Love his relationship with Bielsa too, almost a father/son dynamic and it seems Bielsa, who is well known for not getting too close to his players, has a special fondness for KP.
Post Reply