Leeds away shirt

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Leeds away shirt

Post by danhirons »

https://www.adidas.de/leeds-united-fc-2 ... X6082.html

released unofficially on the adidas website already - not sure what to think, might get it as I hate the home kit

thoughts?
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds away shirt

Post by 1964white »

Almost Inter Milan, appropriate for our continental team & management

I like it :scar1
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Have always thought that in the main adidas produced the best looking, most stylish kits and so I had high expectations for our kit this season. However, overall I’m pretty disappointed with them.

The home kit is OK I guess, but spoilt by the SBOTOP name/logo and over sized JD Sports sleeve name/logo.

I really don’t like the Away kit. Not got a problem with the stripes design, it’s the choice of colours (navy and a teal like green) which IMO don’t really go together. Then the adidas ‘3 stripes’ they’ve added are an insipid shade, that is neither yellow or gold. Not a patch on the 93/94 ASICS/Thistle Hotels bold blue/yellow Away striped shirt, or the striped green/navy 3rd shirt (which is probably the closest one to this).
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

I'm not keen on the new home shirt.

I don't like the away shirt 😕
Reminds me of the 90s away shirt..
For me the away shirt has to be yellow.
I realise that there's often several away shirts produced, maybe the next one may be yellow!!
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Imo the home shirt really needed a bit of yellow trim on it somewhere preferably on the shoulder between the blue stripes and the JD logo is a bit oversized. Pleased that it is predominantly white tho’.

As a traditionalist I’m with you Haighy, the away kit has to be yellow!
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Haighy wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:25 am I'm not keen on the new home shirt.

I don't like the away shirt 😕
Reminds me of the 90s away shirt..
For me the away shirt has to be yellow.
I realise that there's often several away shirts produced, maybe the next one may be yellow!!
Concur...away Yellow... never really bother with 3rd and 4th strips ... also I was expecting more from the home strip... but that logo would spoil anything I think
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

I really like the away shirt, usually dont bother getting one but will be this time, the JD sports logo does ruin it a bit but the main sponsor isn't too bad when compared to other clubs. The club have repeatedly said that yellow dosnt sell so cant see them going back to that anytime soon.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Don't like it much at all . Its a bit like the Macron 2008 ( I think ) away , or the Yeboah era away . Home kit ........still not sure myself , sort of ok . Grey training top looks fairly decent but overall am very underwhelmed by the Adidas range , far far inferior IMO to the Kappa stuff , which I liked , ranging from first team home & away kits and the training kit . Kappa seemed to have far more imagination and style to me . Maybe over time Adidas will improve but so far a distinctly average mark from me . See how I feel when the stuff is on sale price at end of season , but certainly wouldn't pay top price for this stuff .
Lorimer46
First Team
First Team
Twitter: @dsc67

Post by Lorimer46 »

I quite like it, might be tempted to make a purchase
" The best laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft agley "
Durly
First Team
First Team

Post by Durly »

Lorimer46 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:09 pm I quite like it, might be tempted to make a purchase
Yeah, I really like it. Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I do like us to have a yellow kit and hopefully the 3rd kit will be (although maroon is the rumour) but manufacturers now use 2nd and 3rd kits to experiment.
I really liked the black Kappa one we had about 3 years ago and this one is excellent as well and although not traditional LUFC colours, at least has a nod to one of our previous kits........