2019/20 Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: 2019/20 Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thread

Post by The Subhuman »

Awful lot to get for 3.5 ..A striker, CD and a number 10.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:26 pm Awful lot to get for 3.5 ..A striker, CD and a number 10.
Indeed, may as well bank it

Tbh I think £3.5m for a goalie who is nowhere near the finished article is a decent deal for both parties
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Good deal for us..I'd say
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

3.5 the fee for BPF - I wonder if we’ll go back in for darlow now
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Brader wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:35 pm 3.5 the fee for BPF - I wonder if we’ll go back in for darlow now
No chance, too costly for a sub keeper, waste of resources, I’d be happy with a solid inexpensive back up
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Angus Kinnear has given an insight into the current thinking of Whites boss Marcelo Bielsa and hinted at 'twists and turns' before the transfer window shuts.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

So firstly either MB is lying again or he genuinely didnt want Jansson to go but accepted the decision again.

And MB wants only players better so if nobody comes in that is Radz's fault and Orta and not MB.

Over to you Radz and co.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Cjay wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:02 pm
So firstly either MB is lying again or he genuinely didnt want Jansson to go but accepted the decision again.

And MB wants only players better so if nobody comes in that is Radz's fault and Orta and not MB.

Over to you Radz and co.
This mantra about only accepting players if they improve what we have got is a bit ambiguous though.

Better than who? Gotts? Edmunson? How does Mb know unless we see game time.

Also does he really believe that we cant improve the squad with the money we have?

Come on Leeds try and pick up a player or two.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Irish Ian wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:16 pm This mantra about only accepting players if they improve what we have got is a bit ambiguous though.

Better than who? Gotts? Edmunson? How does Mb know unless we see game time.

Also does he really believe that we cant improve the squad with the money we have?

Come on Leeds try and pick up a player or two.
He said similar when asked about Saiz, he only wanted someone better then Saiz or he would make do.

MB not wanting new players is a myth, like any manager he will accept players if they make the side better but if they dont then don't bother.

Problem is the players he picks from are offered by Orta, if Orta is only given £3.50 to spend logically they wont be better then we have so MB wont want them.

I'm sure if Orta said "here Marcelo we can have Gayle, Kent, Bielik would you like them" then MB would say yes absolutely.

But its down to the quality of players the club offer him which is dictated by how much budget Radz gives Orta and what Orta can find.
Signed

King Cjay

CSA
First Team
First Team

Post by CSA »

What is going on at this football club, I hope someone knows what they are doing because I don't see it.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Cjay wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:37 pm He said similar when asked about Saiz, he only wanted someone better then Saiz or he would make do.

MB not wanting new players is a myth, like any manager he will accept players if they make the side better but if they dont then don't bother.

Problem is the players he picks from are offered by Orta, if Orta is only given £3.50 to spend logically they wont be better then we have so MB wont want them.

I'm sure if Orta said "here Marcelo we can have Gayle, Kent, Bielik would you like them" then MB would say yes absolutely.

But its down to the quality of players the club offer him which is dictated by how much budget Radz gives Orta and what Orta can find.
I am sure MB has a wishlist of players too. Maybe if one of the CBs or Bamford gets hurt on Sunday it might concentrate Ortas mind a bit.

I do understand that Ffp may be an issue but we gave gambled bringing in a too coach, so why not gamble a bit more beyond the Costa signing?
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

CSA wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:09 pm What is going on at this football club, I hope someone knows what they are doing because I don't see it.
I'm not sure either CSA. Let's hope they do know what they're doing....surely there must be someone in the pipeline coming in we've not heard about yet :duno:
CSA
First Team
First Team

Post by CSA »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:26 pm I'm not sure either CSA. Let's hope they do know what they're doing....surely there must be someone in the pipeline coming in we've not heard about yet :duno:
I thought Bielsa's mantra was get them in early and induct his way, as a squad (if Roofe goes) we are far too thin to post a real promotion challenge, we will have to rely too heavily on the kids.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Irish Ian wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:26 pm I am sure MB has a wishlist of players too. Maybe if one of the CBs or Bamford gets hurt on Sunday it might concentrate Ortas mind a bit.

I do understand that Ffp may be an issue but we gave gambled bringing in a too coach, so why not gamble a bit more beyond the Costa signing?
No way the club needs £30mil to avoid ffp, if that was the case then serious mismanagement has gone on.

MB said if they could get 5 players better then what we have he would take 5, if none he would take none.

It is entirely up to Radz and Orta now.

I cant remember a window like this one where we sold or are in the process of selling £30mil worth of players and a few days before the first game we havent signed a single player permanently?
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

CSA wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:09 pm I thought Bielsa's mantra was get them in early and induct his way, as a squad (if Roofe goes) we are far too thin to post a real promotion challenge, we will have to rely too heavily on the kids.
The trouble there though is that before we buy we have to sell so if we had no serious offers for Roofe until now then you can't sell him early to bring a new face in.

What it does seem to show is that maybe we over estimate how good our players are. First there seemed no real interest in PJ from the premiership or even leading championship clubs (profile wise) and now it would appear that there hasn't been much interest in Roofe if Anderlecht is the best offer on the table for him as without any disrespect to Anderlecht I am sure Roofe would have been expecting offers from at least a couple of premiership clubs.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Cjay wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:37 pm He said similar when asked about Saiz, he only wanted someone better then Saiz or he would make do.

Spot on
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:16 pm No way the club needs £30mil to avoid ffp, if that was the case then serious mismanagement has gone on.

MB said if they could get 5 players better then what we have he would take 5, if none he would take none.

It is entirely up to Radz and Orta now.

I cant remember a window like this one where we sold or are in the process of selling £30mil worth of players and a few days before the first game we havent signed a single player permanently?
Very strange, I'm confused :?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

CSA wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:09 pm I thought Bielsa's mantra was get them in early and induct his way, as a squad (if Roofe goes) we are far too thin to post a real promotion challenge, we will have to rely too heavily on the kids.
We required another centre-forward not selling one of our only two main strikers.

Maybe a replacement is on the way or are we gonna endure another Dan James scenario.

God knows what is going on, I'm totally baffled.

I do wish our management would be more honest with our fans especially those who invest their hard earn monies into LUFC year in year out keeping our club afloat

Without our loyal support they haven't got a club, we deserve better

I'm glad I missed out on a limited amount of AWAY season-tickets now which would have cost me £600 on top of my home season-ticket I paid for in March.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

So we can renege on the Costa deal next season?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:12 pm Very strange, I'm confused :?
So am i.

Dont get the plan.

We can also only have 5 players on loan in the match day squad so White, Costa, Clarke and Harrison plus 1.

We need atleast 3 players?
Signed

King Cjay