Leeds Utd v Swansea City Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Scoreline : Leeds Utd v Swansea

Poll ended at Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:27 pm

0-0
No votes
1-1
No votes
2-2
No votes
3-3 or higher
No votes
Leeds by 1
36%
Swansea by 1
No votes
Leeds by 2
55%
Swansea by 2
No votes
Leeds by 3 or more
9%
Swansea by 3 or more
No votes

Total votes: 11

NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Re: Leeds Utd v Swansea City Match Thread

Post by NorfolkWhite »

dezzy wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:09 pm We bossed that game, switched off far too early. When Mcburnie came on he was pulling players higher up the pitch and put more pressure on us, but never looked troubled. The penalty from Ayling was criminal, he really needs to pull the finger out, Berardi and even Dallas would be better options at the moment, he didn’t play badly, but has too many lax moments at the moment. Philips really is such an important player for us.
So true, no way I’d have Forshaw back in.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

We made such hard work of that in the end, should have been more comfortable.

Bamford still rusty, Roofe to greedy, but Jansson, Coops, Phillips and Ali were great.

I always thought Roofe would do well as a Number 10, not so sure now, he looks frustrated, greedy, taking shots when he should be passing, making poor choices.

Still, good win, Ayling ffs man, shuffle him away from goal, he was going nowhere.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
pembswhite
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by pembswhite »

A few people saying Roofe was poor and with the ball he was but my god he covered every blade of ER closing down, he always made it difficult for Swansea to get on the front foot. As for Ayling he gets paid thousands of pounds a week to give away a penalty like that and put the win in jeopardy makes my blood boil - twat !
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:57 pm 📊 Kalvin Phillips

✅ 90 Minutes Played
⚙️ 82 Total Passes
🎯 88% Pass Accuracy
💪 4 Tackles
✈️ 2 Aerial Duels Won
KP truly immense tonight as was Jansson

You really can't look beyond Pontus & Kalvin choosing your MOTM, best two players on the park by a country mile.

How many times have I given these two such high praise this season :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

NorfolkWhite wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:21 pm So true, no way I’d have Forshaw back in.
My boy showed tonight what a class player he is & how important he is in Bielsa's set-up.

A win & a draw with KP in the DM/sweeper role since his return

I rest my case !
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

I wasnt in a position to follow the drama tonight so after ignoring my phone, avoiding eye contact with those who I follow Leeds I finally made it home to enjoy the highlights show.

Preston provided a pleasing entre and then the lads delivered with a deserved win.

Harrison Motm saith the pundits.

Mercy me...

TOP OF THE LEAGUE!!!
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Irish Ian wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:02 pm Harrison Motm saith the pundits.

He had his moments to be fair. Nowhere near Jansson or Phillips though.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:09 pm He had his moments to be fair. Nowhere near Jansson or Phillips though.

Harrison having moments is a definite plus after some of his games of late.

Top of the pile going Into a break.

I'm do happy :P
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Irish Ian wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:02 pm Harrison Motm saith the pundits.
Probably Harrison's best game for Leeds but those pundits are having a laugh.

Two outstanding players out there tonight, possibly 10/10 performances, that's how immense PJ & KP were.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

1964white wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:16 pm Probably Harrison's best game for Leeds but those pundits are having a laugh.

Two outstanding players out there tonight, possibly 10/10 performances, that's how immense PJ & KP were.

Brilliant to hear that.

Now we have a platform to press our case for top 2.
'
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

So much can change before Bolton game. Could be 4 clubs on 60+ points. Just hope we're at least 4 ahead before playing WBA. Would hate to see them leapfrog us at ER.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Did anyone else think Dan James was a bit lightweight? He is quick, but I'm not sure how much difference he'd make in our team.

Don't feel as negatively about Ayling as others seem to. His pass for the second goal was pretty good.

Pontus certainly helps to calm the nerves when we're under attack. So glad he got a goal on his birthday. Shackleton looked lively when he came on too.

Three important points - I'm daring to hope again.
LevLeeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @Simonlev99

Post by LevLeeds »

Just back home after that. Overall MASSIVE 3 points! Man that was needed.

Think everyone’s already kinda covered it but first half complete total domination. Should have put to bed and finished before half time. Second half made hard work of it, at times we could have countered and attacked quickly but turned to go back and play keep ball, another goal an the game was dead and buried. Found us frustrating to watch at times just making the wrong decisions with ball going fwd. but 3 big points in the bag and Norwich slipping up.

Ayling was so poor, really feel for the lad, it’s not a lack of effort just not going his way and the penno was criminal. Just stand him, he’s going absolutely nowhere. Ridiculous!

Ponts and cooper both colossal at the back, fantastic the pair of them. But KP back in middle, winning the ball, keeping possession, doing the simple thing, and everyone and again spraying cross field balls, absolutely class for me. MOTM. Bossed it. Close call between PJ and KP.

Pablo was on an off, but that man can change a game in a heart beat. Suffered due to Ayling being so bad tonight as well I think.

Big shout out to Harrison as well, best game in a Leeds shirt, so over hit / crap crosses but overal played really well also.

Ref was very inconsistent today as well, standard league officials tho tbf.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

I posted a few months ago Phillips will play for England one day hopefully as a Leeds player, I haven't changed my thoughts after what I witnessed tonight :eng:  

Our young player of the season  8-)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

LevLeeds wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:03 am Just back home after that. Overall MASSIVE 3 points! Man that was needed.

Think everyone’s already kinda covered it but first half complete total domination. Should have put to bed and finished before half time. Second half made hard work of it, at times we could have countered and attacked quickly but turned to go back and play keep ball, another goal an the game was dead and buried. Found us frustrating to watch at times just making the wrong decisions with ball going fwd. but 3 big points in the bag and Norwich slipping up.

Ayling was so poor, really feel for the lad, it’s not a lack of effort just not going his way and the penno was criminal. Just stand him, he’s going absolutely nowhere. Ridiculous!

Ponts and cooper both colossal at the back, fantastic the pair of them. But KP back in middle, winning the ball, keeping possession, doing the simple thing, and everyone and again spraying cross field balls, absolutely class for me. MOTM. Bossed it. Close call between PJ and KP.

Pablo was on an off, but that man can change a game in a heart beat. Suffered due to Ayling being so bad tonight as well I think.

Big shout out to Harrison as well, best game in a Leeds shirt, so over hit / crap crosses but overal played really well also.

Ref was very inconsistent today as well, standard league officials tho tbf.
Glad you enjoyed the game Lev

Now you've seen Phillips in the flesh & the way he strolls around the pitch with comparative ease of a top defensive midfielder. A class performer, you can see why the Leeds fans have labelled him 'Yorkshire's Pirlo'

Definitely too close to call between Pontus & Phillips for the MOTM, both faultless, perfection & a delight to watch

I agree with your whole summary of the game :tup:
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Ayling had the highest pass accuracy (95%) on the pitch, completing 42/44 passes.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

White Riot wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:58 pm Take care Swan - thanks for the laughs, enjoy the jungle juice :wine: :rol:
Thanks Riot.....sleep well :)
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

NorfolkWhite wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:02 pm Likewise Swannie, you can now chill and enjoy the wine and non-footballing drama ;-)
Cheers Norfolk :) You can hold your head up high tomorrow. Give those Canaries fans what for.....enjoy your day :roflmao:
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

SaraM wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:51 am Ayling had the highest pass accuracy (95%) on the pitch, completing 42/44 passes.
To be fair to Ayling who’s having a rough time of late, I thought his 2nd half performance, barring the silly penalty, was back to how he can play. He was getting forward regularly putting telling crosses into the box and he looked much more assured not losing the ball or playing silly passes into danger areas.
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

Missed the first 25minutes due to horrendous traffic round Elland Road.
When i did get in i watched the remainder of the first half on the screen whilst guzzling a pie and soggy chips. 😫