Leeds V Derby Team/Reports/Ratings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds V Derby Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:Didn't Rowett say after the game, something like, at half time I told the players get one and they'll fall to pieces they always do. If that's correct then that's very telling.
Yes we did a Patsy Cline :wink:
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote:Yes we did a Patsy Cline :wink:

Crazy.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:Crazy.
All leeds to heartaches :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Right I'm off to play a captain's role in my bowls team now

Doubt we'll sink to the depths of despair like Leeds

I will post up my report/ratings for what it is worth later
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote:Right I'm off to play a captain's role in my bowls team now

I will post up my report/ratings for what it is worth later

May not be worth it, non of us know any of your bowls team.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

gessa wrote:May not be worth it, non of us know any of your bowls team.
:roflmao:
Azkal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Azkal »

Love it, just wasted a mouthful of chianti over my laptop reading that. Mind you he did tee it up nicely for you, would have been a waste not to have obliged :tup:
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Lonergan - 5 - Not much to do, and little chance with the goals. After a bright first 10 minutes, when we played from the back, he reverted to the hoof to Lassoga, and we slowly lost momentum. Lot of timewasting as well.
Ayling - 3 - Who has kidnapped the real Ayling, and how much ransom do we have to pay to get him back. Guilty by association for their first goal, and constantly caught out of position.
Pennington - 6 - Nervous start, but he did OK.
Jansson - 5 - Totally different from last season. Lazy clearances into touch and timid challenges. Completely lost Winnall for their first. Should be more of a leader.
Dallas - 7 - Coped well with a tricky winger in Lawrence. Never got the chance to get forward.
O'Kane - 6 - Some nice crossfield passes, but he often slowed our forward progress.
Vieira - 7.5 - MOM. Very busy in the midfield and broke up a lot of play. Excellent tackling and mostly good use of the ball.
Saiz - 7 - Some exquisite touches (Assist for Lassoga's goal, and a beautifully curled pass in the second half that Lasogga should have done better with). Deducted points for his running battle with the ref, and for not playing in Alioski in the second half, whilst going for a spectacular himself.
Alioski - 6 - Much improved from recent performances. Tracked back well to help out Dallas, and got some teasing crosses in. Possibly should have had a pen in the first half. Still needs work on the training ground for his corners and free kicks.
Roofe - 1 - Gets 1 for the cross for Alioski's pen appeal. Otherwise a complete waste of space. Can't control the ball, didn't track back (especially for their first goal). Back to the subs bench, please.
Lasogga - 7 - Put a shift in. Excellent movement and finish for the goal. He even won quite a few headers, but nobody was running in behind him to take advantage. Should have done better with a couple of 2nd half chances. Other than the goal, we are not using him to his strengths.

Sacko - 1 - Failed to take on his man again, and his only contribution was the foul for their penalty.
Grot - 4 - Another target for Lonergan to aim balls at. He won a couple, but see Lassoga for the end result. Under 23's please.
Hernandez - 4 - No time to affect anything.

We were comfortable for an hour, and then the defence went to pieces. We don't have anybody on the bench (other than Hernandez, on a going day) who can change things. Ayling and Jansson's performances were very worrying. With Lonergan, it looks like long ball hoof is here to stay, and it hasn't worked once yet. Might be worth bringing back Felix.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

You really want a coward playing in goal Gandalf? He has a fear of contact and probably should be playing mens netball
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Lonners-6. . No chance with the goals, did ok, but reverted to hoofing the ball which is a shame.
Ayling-4 . . First goal came from his side, again, not the same player he was last season for whatever reason.
Penny-6 . .Did ok, cant think of anything he did wrong.
Jansson-5. . . Caught out of position for the first, seems to have lost his fire a bit, when we need him most, missing Bartley.
Dallas-7 . . .Did well, Lawrence swapped sides to get more joy, testament to Dallas.
O'Kane-5 . .Did alright, not totally convinced, and as an experienced player i expect more.
Vieira-7 . . Broke up play well, passing was ok, solid from him again.
Roofe -4 . . Didnt track back for 1st, offered little going forward, poor from him and Ayling down the right.
Alioski-7 . .Helped Dallas a lot, some nice crosses, unlucky with the pen appeal, better from him.
Saiz-7 . . .A threat as usual, nice assist, tad greedy, but did well.
Lassie-7 . .Won a lot of headers (most on the pitch), took his goal well, inches off a second goal.

Sacko- 3 Didnt know he was on the pitch, apart from when he conceded the pen.
Grot-4 . .feel sorry for him, few minutes here and there is hard enough for an experienced player.
Pablo-4 . .Not much time, did nothing.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

:roflmao:

I'll give you my ratings anyway

Dalesmen

Dav - 5
John - 8
Leon - 9

Eastenders

Steve - 3
Di - 5
Sue - 7
1964white

Post by 1964white »

5 Lonergan - Not chance with the goals. Too much hoof once again

3 Ayling - I was warned off by two of our ladies on the journey to ER not to criticise our very own ponytail as "he is a trier & we love him", they took offence to my 'Man gone missing, has anyone seen Luke Ayling?' comment

6 Pennington - Did ok, still unsure about our sticky signing

5 Jansson - Will the real Pontus stand up ?

7 Dallas - our best defender even though he was playing out of natural position

6 O'Kane - some nice passes but sloppy at times

7.5 Vieira - Did his job breaking up a play with some excellent tackles & interceptions MOTM

7 Saiz - Was at the heart of everything good in our attacking play, two delightful passes for Lasogga's chances, so much & quality skills in his locker, a joy to watch.
A tad greedy at times !

5 Alioski - Woeful corners & set-pieces. Worked well assisting Dallas defensively.
Still unconvinced

1 Roofe - Poor control of the ball running around like a headless chicken.
Was he tied to Ayling's ponytail ? Send him back to Oxford, he'll shine in League One

7 Lasogga - He is a different player with the ball at his feet, excellent strike for his goal, not much service as the game went on as we hardly got into the Rams half after the break.

1 Sacko - A waste of space, a waste of a substitution, someone nobble him for gods sake. Reckless challenge from the dosey twot

2 Grot - Shouldn't even be on the bench at this level. Nowhere near ready !

n/a Hernandez

Had we played as we did in the first-half & remained disciplined after the break & not sat back inviting pressure in a game we were in complete control we'd probably be sitting comfortably in 4th position & not holding a post mortem today
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote:We were comfortable for an hour, and then the defence went to pieces. We don't have anybody on the bench (other than Hernandez, on a going day) who can change things. Ayling and Jansson's performances were very worrying. With Lonergan, it looks like long ball hoof is here to stay, and it hasn't worked once yet. Might be worth bringing back Felix.
Just realised our ratings are more or less the same Gandi :tup:
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Tbh from the highlights looked as though we should have been three up - a pen and lasogga missed a sitter. Awful defending for their first though and any manager who puts sacko on deserves to lose. Why on earth is he still being played?! Though contact did look like it started outside the box for the pen
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

I have said for a few months, bringing Sacko on reduces us to 10 men as he contributes NOTHING !!
gessa

Post by gessa »

60sUnited wrote:I have said for a few months, bringing Sacko on reduces us to 10 men as he contributes NOTHING !!

Agree, poor excuse for a footballer.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

1964white wrote:Just realised our ratings are more or less the same Gandi :tup:
Great minds ... eh ?
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Just watched the highlights, I think your all clutching at straws if your blaming Roofe for the first....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
jindy30
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by jindy30 »

Gandalf wrote:Just got back - baffled how we managed to lose that. Derby were pants and hadn't had a shot on target for 70 mins. Roofe was at fault for their first, letting their full back get free and run 50 yards unchallenged. Ayling for some reason was stood in the centre of defence in the penalty area. When the cross came in Ayling Pennington and Jansson were all in front of the ball with nobody marking the scorer. Just basic defending. I haven't seen a replay, but the pen looked to be outside the box. However, our heads had already dropped after their first. Very worrying. Scores on the doors tomorrow, when I am a little bit calmer, but I can guarantee that Roofe and Sacko won't be getting many.

My point about our defenders rushing to the ball sadly proven...
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:Just watched the highlights, I think your all clutching at straws if your blaming Roofe for the first....
Roofe & Aying were working that right flank tbh mate

God knows where Ayling was, watching the highlights of the game yesterday he was not in the picture. I was screaming at the game where the hell is Ayling again, he must have tripped up over his ponytail :lol: