Brighton v Leeds, match day thread
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 78993
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Brighton v Leeds, match day thread
Monday night football is a travesty and needs to stop
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- John in Louisiana
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 13916
- Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:09 pm
- Location: No Longer Lousiana - Southern Illinois
Re: Brighton v Leeds, match day thread
Especially since Monday night in the UK is right in the middle of my work day. I can't ever listen to/watch a Monday night game.faaip wrote:Monday night football is a travesty and needs to stop
As we used to say in math class, it sucks summarily.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155150
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Brighton v Leeds, match day thread
Tell Sky that ?faaip wrote:Monday night football is a travesty and needs to stop
They want matches on the telly most days/nights of the week
- leedsmad
- First Team

- Posts: 1839
- Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:10 pm
Re: Brighton v Leeds, match day thread
Will be watching this as i will be on Days off .
I'm happy to Partner Doukarra up front :mrgreen:
I'm happy to Partner Doukarra up front :mrgreen:
- Durly
- First Team

- Posts: 2339
- Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:11 pm
Re: Brighton v Leeds, match day thread
This fixture always seems to be on at a weird time since they moved to the AmEx. I've been there twice - the 3-3 and then the 2-2 the following season and both were a Friday night if I remember correctly. First one I drove from Pinewood Studios, where I worked at the time, down to Brighton and then on to North Devon where I lived at the time after the game.......arriving home at about 3:30 in the morning.

-
eastyorkshirewhite
- First Team

- Posts: 2053
- Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 10:47 am
Re: Brighton v Leeds, match day thread
Four of us setting off this afternoon got a nice b&b booked for two nights.Happy days.
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 78993
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Brighton v Leeds, match day thread
Leeds impotent upfront without Wood ?
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155150
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Brighton v Leeds, match day thread
Still haven't done the AmEx stadium....Sky put a damp squib on my visit yet againDurly wrote:This fixture always seems to be on at a weird time since they moved to the AmEx. I've been there twice - the 3-3 and then the 2-2 the following season and both were a Friday night if I remember correctly. First one I drove from Pinewood Studios, where I worked at the time, down to Brighton and then on to North Devon where I lived at the time after the game.......arriving home at about 3:30 in the morning.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155150
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Brighton v Leeds, match day thread
One of our leaders should be back in Bridcutt, unfortunately Bellusci misses out
Silvestri
Coyle Bamba Cooper Taylor
Bridcutt Diagouraga
Carayol (if not fit...Dallas) Cook Mowatt
Doukara
Silvestri
Coyle Bamba Cooper Taylor
Bridcutt Diagouraga
Carayol (if not fit...Dallas) Cook Mowatt
Doukara
- John in Louisiana
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 13916
- Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:09 pm
- Location: No Longer Lousiana - Southern Illinois
Re: Brighton v Leeds, match day thread
We're all impotent without Wood.faaip wrote:Leeds impotent upfront without Wood ?
- rich_leeds64
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 4012
- Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:08 pm
- Twitter: @richleeds64
- Location: Leeds LS27
Re: Brighton v Leeds, match day thread
I went to the 2-2 draw on a Friday night when we were always 2nd best but somehow came away with a point. I can't understand why it seems to be chosen by Sky every season. It would mean two days off work for me plus the expense of a hotel/b&b therefore until we play them at 3 pm on a Saturday I can't see myself travelling there again. I have a feeling that we're not going to lose, maybe I'm just being over optimistic.
-
gessa
Re: Brighton v Leeds, match day thread
John in Louisiana wrote:
We're all impotent without Wood.
- Oscar
- First Team

- Posts: 1475
- Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:14 pm
Re: Brighton v Leeds, match day thread
The team I would pick:
GK Silvestri
RB Berardi
CB Bamba
CB Cooper
LB Taylor
CDM Bridcutt
RM Dallas
CM Murphy (Dave has done very well, however, I think we need to solve the goals problem and switching to 4-1-4-1 could be an option)
CM Mowatt
LM Cook (To cover Taylor as Brighton's main threat in my opinion is Knockaert)
STR Doukara
Subs: Peacock Farrell, Wooton, Coyle, Dave, Carayol, Botaka, Erwin.
GK Silvestri
RB Berardi
CB Bamba
CB Cooper
LB Taylor
CDM Bridcutt
RM Dallas
CM Murphy (Dave has done very well, however, I think we need to solve the goals problem and switching to 4-1-4-1 could be an option)
CM Mowatt
LM Cook (To cover Taylor as Brighton's main threat in my opinion is Knockaert)
STR Doukara
Subs: Peacock Farrell, Wooton, Coyle, Dave, Carayol, Botaka, Erwin.
-
mav
- First Team

- Posts: 2340
- Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:01 pm
Re: Brighton v Leeds, match day thread
Get the feeling if Sky could swing it they would have 2 matches on a night - the second starting at half time in the first.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
-
mav
- First Team

- Posts: 2340
- Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:01 pm
Re: Brighton v Leeds, match day thread
Silvestri
Coyle, Bellusci, Cooper, Taylor
Dallas, Bridcutt, Toumy, Carayol
Mowatt
Duke.
Presuming the above are available.
Coyle, Bellusci, Cooper, Taylor
Dallas, Bridcutt, Toumy, Carayol
Mowatt
Duke.
Presuming the above are available.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155150
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Brighton v Leeds, match day thread
So we are playing three players out of their natural position
Wootton ahead of Berardi & Coyle at RB
Silvestri
Wootton Bamba Cooper Taylor
Coyle Bridcutt Diagoraga Mowatt
Cook
Doukara
Silvestri
Wootton Bamba Cooper Taylor
Coyle Bridcutt Diagoraga Mowatt
Cook
Doukara
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155150
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Brighton v Leeds, match day thread
Dallas & Carayol are on the bench. Coyle right wingmav wrote:Silvestri
Coyle, Bellusci, Cooper, Taylor
Dallas, Bridcutt, Toumy, Carayol
Mowatt
Duke.
Presuming the above are available.
- Ratscoot
- Manager

- Posts: 4221
- Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:52 pm
Re: Brighton v Leeds, match day thread
Guessing Coyle is playing Right Wing to protect Wootton, looks quite strong defensively not sure about going forward though, I hope they prove me wrong, Come On Leeds1964white wrote:So we are playing three players out of their natural positionWootton ahead of Berardi & Coyle at RB
Silvestri
Wootton Bamba Cooper Taylor
Coyle Bridcutt Diagoraga Mowatt
Cook
Doukara
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
-
rab_rant
Re: Brighton v Leeds, match day thread
HeHeHeHe... I saw what you just did there.John in Louisiana wrote:
We're all impotent without Wood.
-
gessa
Re: Brighton v Leeds, match day thread
Tactical genius mate1964white wrote:So we are playing three players out of their natural positionWootton ahead of Berardi & Coyle at RB
Silvestri
Wootton Bamba Cooper Taylor
Coyle Bridcutt Diagoraga Mowatt
Cook
Doukara