Leeds v Blackburn - Team/Reports/Ratings
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155150
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Leeds v Blackburn - Team/Reports/Ratings
Big test for Steve Evans to see if he can wave the magic wand & produce our first win at ER since March. Blackburn are no great shakes as long as we don't gift Rhodes an opportunity to score. Take the game to Rovers from the first whistle in a positive attacking fashion, cut out the silly mistakes & three points is very much achievable....job done !
Would love to be going into this game with a new on-loan keeper signing, if not i'd be tempted to start with Horton although i don't know if he is ready for first team football, surely he knows the basics of goalkeeping like catching the ball & commanding his area ??
Hopefully Botaka has got over his bug as this lad will frighten defenders
??
Byram Cooper Bamba Berardi
Buckley Cook Adeyemi Botaka
Antenucci Wood
Would love to be going into this game with a new on-loan keeper signing, if not i'd be tempted to start with Horton although i don't know if he is ready for first team football, surely he knows the basics of goalkeeping like catching the ball & commanding his area ??
Hopefully Botaka has got over his bug as this lad will frighten defenders
??
Byram Cooper Bamba Berardi
Buckley Cook Adeyemi Botaka
Antenucci Wood
- rich_leeds64
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 4012
- Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:08 pm
- Twitter: @richleeds64
- Location: Leeds LS27
Re: Leeds v Blackburn - Team/Reports/Ratings
Couldn't agree more re goalkeeping situation,a change would surely instill some much needed confidence into the back four. Silvestri never knows when to come off his line and usually leaves it too late and this leads to mix ups with defenders trying to shepherd the ball back to him. What I have noticed in the last couple of games is the opposite in that he now comes flying out so that he's close to or actually out of his area and then has to take evasive action to clear the ball. A great shot stopper,yes, but that said its really all he's got. Everyone sat near me in the East stand call him Dracula as he's frightened of crosses!
I'm not sure if Buckley is ready to start yet Leon, he still looks a bit short on fitness although he did show glimpses at Bolton so I'd probably stick with Dallas for the first 60 or so and see how it was going.
A win would be huge to try and end the Elland Road curse.
I'm not sure if Buckley is ready to start yet Leon, he still looks a bit short on fitness although he did show glimpses at Bolton so I'd probably stick with Dallas for the first 60 or so and see how it was going.
A win would be huge to try and end the Elland Road curse.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155150
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Leeds v Blackburn - Team/Reports/Ratings
You are probably correct on the Dallas/Buckley scenario Rich. I'm just so frustrated with Dallas, he works hard perhaps i expected more from him !rich_leeds64 wrote:Couldn't agree more re goalkeeping situation,a change would surely instill some much needed confidence into the back four. Silvestri never knows when to come off his line and usually leaves it too late and this leads to mix ups with defenders trying to shepherd the ball back to him. What I have noticed in the last couple of games is the opposite in that he now comes flying out so that he's close to or actually out of his area and then has to take evasive action to clear the ball. A great shot stopper,yes, but that said its really all he's got. Everyone sat near me in the East stand call him Dracula as he's frightened of crosses!
I'm not sure if Buckley is ready to start yet Leon, he still looks a bit short on fitness although he did show glimpses at Bolton so I'd probably stick with Dallas for the first 60 or so and see how it was going.
A win would be huge to try and end the Elland Road curse.
- Ratscoot
- Manager

- Posts: 4221
- Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:52 pm
Re: Leeds v Blackburn - Team/Reports/Ratings
Hoping for a big crowd but think the numbers maybe cut back due to it been on Sky, but still hopeful it will be over 24,000
I think Blackburn are there for the taking and it's about time we won at home so a hard fought 2-0 Come on Leeeeds!!!
I think Blackburn are there for the taking and it's about time we won at home so a hard fought 2-0 Come on Leeeeds!!!
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
-
Genghers
- Superstar

- Posts: 5801
- Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:24 pm
- Location: Newcastle
Re: Leeds v Blackburn - Team/Reports/Ratings
Not sure dropping Horton in is the answer really. We need an experienced keeper, and I can't see Horton being an improvement on Silvestri due to his lack of match experience...
------------Silvestri-------------
Byram-Bamba-Cooper-Berardi
-----Adeyemi-----Cook---------
Dallas--------Ant-------Botaka
--------------Wood--------------
If Botaka is still ill then I'd start Buckley and have Mowatt come on once he tires.
If Botaka is fit, then I'd be tempted to start Mowatt in the 'number 10' role and use Ant as an impact sub. That way Mowatt could drop back to support the midfield when needed, effectively creating a 4-5-1 when defending.
------------Silvestri-------------
Byram-Bamba-Cooper-Berardi
-----Adeyemi-----Cook---------
Dallas--------Ant-------Botaka
--------------Wood--------------
If Botaka is still ill then I'd start Buckley and have Mowatt come on once he tires.
If Botaka is fit, then I'd be tempted to start Mowatt in the 'number 10' role and use Ant as an impact sub. That way Mowatt could drop back to support the midfield when needed, effectively creating a 4-5-1 when defending.
Last edited by Genghers on Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Gurj
- Manager

- Posts: 2755
- Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:22 am
- Location: Birmingham
Re: Leeds v Blackburn - Team/Reports/Ratings
No chance of it being that high mate. Not on Thurs night and on Sky. I will be amazed if it reaches 20k.Ratscoot wrote:Hoping for a big crowd but think the numbers maybe cut back due to it been on Sky, but still hopeful it will be over 24,000
I think Blackburn are there for the taking and it's about time we won at home so a hard fought 2-0 Come on Leeeeds!!!
Hope your score line prediction is bang on tho
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
- lufc1304
- Superstar

- Posts: 14808
- Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
- Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
- Location: Lisburn, N.I
Re: Leeds v Blackburn - Team/Reports/Ratings
No mention of Turnbull as a replacement for Silvestri. Have I missed something? Isn't he available? Shot-stopping aside, Silvestri is a liability, and his inability to command his area, collect crosses etc must scare the sh*t out of the defenders in front of him.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
- Gandalf
- Superstar

- Posts: 11608
- Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:51 am
Re: Leeds v Blackburn - Team/Reports/Ratings
Turnbull broke his ankle in a development squad game a couple of weeks ago.lufc1304 wrote:No mention of Turnbull as a replacement for Silvestri. Have I missed something? Isn't he available? Shot-stopping aside, Silvestri is a liability, and his inability to command his area, collect crosses etc must scare the sh*t out of the defenders in front of him.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
-
paddy parrott
- Manager

- Posts: 2669
- Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:39 pm
Re: Leeds v Blackburn - Team/Reports/Ratings
Ross is injured mate unfortunately just recently too.
Would have been a more than capable replacement as well.
I hate knock in' individuals but it seems Silvestre is not quite the answer.
So I am informed however so this position is vital and a change is probably and definitely needed.
Would have been a more than capable replacement as well.
I hate knock in' individuals but it seems Silvestre is not quite the answer.
So I am informed however so this position is vital and a change is probably and definitely needed.
-
rab_rant
Re: Leeds v Blackburn - Team/Reports/Ratings
Been reading that Sloth had a cracker for the U21. Scored a couple of goals
I hope Evans has him on the bench for Thursday and I would play him as a
substitute instead of Mowatt. He needs to claim a playmakers sport.
I hope Evans has him on the bench for Thursday and I would play him as a
substitute instead of Mowatt. He needs to claim a playmakers sport.
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 78993
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Leeds v Blackburn - Team/Reports/Ratings
Don't like switching out goalkeepers and Silvestri is the incumbent with a lot of potential
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155150
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Leeds v Blackburn - Team/Reports/Ratings
One way of describing Marco, liability comes to mind matefaaip wrote:Don't like switching out goalkeepers and Silvestri is the incumbent with a lot of potential
- Oscar
- First Team

- Posts: 1475
- Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:14 pm
Re: Leeds v Blackburn - Team/Reports/Ratings
I expected a lot lot more from Dallas as well, Buckley has to start ahead of him in my opinion. Dallas has been one of our worst players of the season so far in my opinion.1964white wrote:
You are probably correct on the Dallas/Buckley scenario Rich. I'm just so frustrated with Dallas, he works hard perhaps i expected more from him !
- Oscar
- First Team

- Posts: 1475
- Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:14 pm
Re: Leeds v Blackburn - Team/Reports/Ratings
In my opinion:
As far as I am concerned the team needs goals so we may as well go with an attacking line up, as no matter what team we put out we always look like we are going to concede goals as well.
GK Silvestri (although he is running out of chances in my opinion, I don't think we should drop him to the bench yet.)
RB Byram (assuming Taylor is still injured.)
CB Bamba
CB Cooper
LB Berardi
RM Buckley (switching sides with Botaka throughout the game
CM Cook
CM Mowatt
LM Botaka
STR Antenucci
STR Wood
The team I think Evans will pick (4-4-2): Silvestri, Byram, Bamba, Cooper, Berardi, Botaka, Cook, Adeyemi, Dallas, Wood, Antenucci.
As far as I am concerned the team needs goals so we may as well go with an attacking line up, as no matter what team we put out we always look like we are going to concede goals as well.
GK Silvestri (although he is running out of chances in my opinion, I don't think we should drop him to the bench yet.)
RB Byram (assuming Taylor is still injured.)
CB Bamba
CB Cooper
LB Berardi
RM Buckley (switching sides with Botaka throughout the game
CM Cook
CM Mowatt
LM Botaka
STR Antenucci
STR Wood
The team I think Evans will pick (4-4-2): Silvestri, Byram, Bamba, Cooper, Berardi, Botaka, Cook, Adeyemi, Dallas, Wood, Antenucci.
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 78993
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Leeds v Blackburn - Team/Reports/Ratings
You're quick to judge mate...I prefer to give players time, especially young ones with that much potential. But we've run a few good keepers out of dodge though so I don't see why Silvestri should be any different1964white wrote:
One way of describing Marco, liability comes to mind mate
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- Dr.Leeds
- Superstar

- Posts: 8966
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:44 am
- Twitter: @DoctorLeeds
- Location: Sunny Doncaster
Leeds v Blackburn - Team/Reports/Ratings
He's the best fit goalkeeper at the club but teams are exploiting his weaknesses now. He is still young for a goalkeeper. He's got the stuff you can't coach: he's a fine shot stopper with amazing reflexes. The stuff he lacks is stuff that could be coached into him given enough time.faaip wrote:Don't like switching out goalkeepers and Silvestri is the incumbent with a lot of potential
Sadly Marco seems to be going backwards at present. Our goalkeeping coach needs to pull his finger out and work hard on his weak areas before they cost us more points and his confidence is completely shot. Do that and we have a fine keeper for many years yet. Fail to do that and we really need a strong back up who can push for a first team place.

- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 78993
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Leeds v Blackburn - Team/Reports/Ratings
It's a confidence position and even the best look poor at times for stretches. IIRC correctly he won a number of MOTM awards last season and was credited with sevaral game saving performances.
Give him time and he'll be fine
Give him time and he'll be fine
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155150
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Leeds v Blackburn - Team/Reports/Ratings
You maybe right Faaip as goalies tend to improve with maturity. Last season he was saving us in many games with the odd blunder here & there, his form has totally reversed this term as Silvestri is costing us far too many points. We'd probably have 7 to 10 more points on the board had it not been for Marco's errors. I personally think he need much more coaching work before he becomes a decent keeper. If we had a good back-up I would take him out of the first eleven & make him fight for the No.1 spot, maybe he would place more emphasis on learning required basic goal-keeping skills without the pressure of games. His confidence is probably shot right now !faaip wrote:It's a confidence position and even the best look poor at times for stretches. IIRC correctly he won a number of MOTM awards last season and was credited with sevaral game saving performances.
Give him time and he'll be fine
-
Genghers
- Superstar

- Posts: 5801
- Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:24 pm
- Location: Newcastle
Re: Leeds v Blackburn - Team/Reports/Ratings
From the games I've watched/listened to Dallas has always seemed to be one of our more consistent performers... He's got a couple of assists to his name, and has had a few decent cracks at goal. From what Brader said at the Bolton game, Buckley doesn't look fit enough to start at the moment, which Evans clearly thinks too as he's started Cook out of position there instead in the last two games...Gary Shaw wrote:I expected a lot lot more from Dallas as well, Buckley has to start ahead of him in my opinion. Dallas has been one of our worst players of the season so far in my opinion.
I don't doubt Buckley has the quality for the Championship, I just think he's best suited to sub appearances at the moment.
-
gessa
Re: Leeds v Blackburn - Team/Reports/Ratings
I think this and how you described him on the Bolton thread, as him to a tee, he's a reserve keeper with potential, we need better right now.faaip wrote:Don't like switching out goalkeepers and Silvestri is the incumbent with a lot of potential