Well, first game for a while for me due to financial pressures. Anyway, the money was there so I took my eldest son and my 2nd son for his first game. First thing I noticed was a whacking great Police HQ had popped-up in the car-park(!) Managed to briefly meet-up with Leon and then off to the club shop (kids pressure!). Despite the result my son wants to go back so mission accomplished from my personal point of view. Hopefully in another year or so I'll bring my third son for his first game when he's old enough.
As for the game itself, I thought the first half was atrocious. Useless defending and apart from Stewart the midfield seemed missing. The 2nd half was so much better. Looked to have some real attacking intent and a bit of passion. Stewart stood out for me as he seemed to want the ball and made some good runs. Ross scores yet another. 28 goals I think now? Such a shame we haven't got a team to match a prolific striker at his peak. What a waste. I was surprised with Smith's height how many balls he missed in the air. I was thinking 2-2 or 3-2 to Doncaster before the game, so can't say I'm shocked but I'm not surprised we are where we are if the first half is indicative of the way we've played this season.
Next time think I may need to stay in a hotel overnight as 8 hours driving takes it's toll on me and my kids. Having said that, they were as good as gold and didn't complain once.
CardiffWhite wrote:Well, first game for a while for me due to financial pressures. Anyway, the money was there so I took my eldest son and my 2nd son for his first game. First thing I noticed was a whacking great Police HQ had popped-up in the car-park(!) Managed to briefly meet-up with Leon and then off to the club shop (kids pressure!). Despite the result my son wants to go back so mission accomplished from my personal point of view. Hopefully in another year or so I'll bring my third son for his first game when he's old enough.
As for the game itself, I thought the first half was atrocious. Useless defending and apart from Stewart the midfield seemed missing. The 2nd half was so much better. Looked to have some real attacking intent and a bit of passion. Stewart stood out for me as he seemed to want the ball and made some good runs. Ross scores yet another. 28 goals I think now? Such a shame we haven't got a team to match a prolific striker at his peak. What a waste. I was surprised with Smith's height how many balls he missed in the air. I was thinking 2-2 or 3-2 to Doncaster before the game, so can't say I'm shocked but I'm not surprised we are where we are if the first half is indicative of the way we've played this season.
Next time think I may need to stay in a hotel overnight as 8 hours driving takes it's toll on me and my kids. Having said that, they were as good as gold and didn't complain once.
The difference between the two haves were unbelievable if only we could have played like it for the whole game who knows what might have happened.Anyway we move on to Tueday and the visit of Charlton another game we would expect to win.But first a court case tomorrow who knows what the outcome of that will be and we move on to Wigan away for another early kick off just another fun filled week of been a Leeds fan.
becchio bear wrote:@ DD Were you on your own on Saturday?
Ahhhh! My watching angel! Almost.... Drs.Mum had a gippy tummy, and thought it best not to come. DrsDadsotherson was with me, he sits behind. As herself couldn't come, neither could her carer. Thanks for asking, m'dear!
:mrgreen:
Ahhhh! My watching angel! Almost.... Drs.Mum had a gippy tummy, and thought it best not to come. DrsDadsotherson was with me, he sits behind. As herself couldn't come, neither could her carer. Thanks for asking, m'dear!
:mrgreen:
Ahhhh. So Drs Mum's carer is Dr Leeds then? You were sat in the carer's seat and for the first half just had your Leeds shirt on and then put a coat on for the second half?
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Ahhhh. So Drs Mum's carer is Dr Leeds then? You were sat in the carer's seat and for the first half just had your Leeds shirt on and then put a coat on for the second half?
I always use the carers seat, it lets me stretch out my poor old arthritic limbs. Did you see much of the game, or were you too busy checking out my manly chest (amply supported by my belly!) :mrgreen:
I always use the carers seat, it lets me stretch out my poor old arthritic limbs. Did you see much of the game, or were you too busy checking out my manly chest (amply supported by my belly!) :mrgreen:
Lol yes I tried to keep an eye on the game but your portly body was like a magnet
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.