Brian Must Go!!

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
USA LEE
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: Brian Must Go!!

Post by USA LEE »

Zola
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

My feeling is that they will give BMc till the end of the season but that unless performances and results start to improve they will be lining up the replacement (although it may be that they already have the replacement lined up). Hardly much point sacking him now as barring a miracle worker coming in this season is simply going to fizzle out.

I like BMc but the performances for the last few months have been poor. Even the Hudersfield and Yeovil wins had dreadful first half performances. I do prefer a manager being given time and think BMc has done a lot of good for the club but it has been off the pitch where things have improved. We had seemed to be improving, being stronger defensvely but yesterday's defendng was abysmal, as bad as under Neil Warnock and consideraly worse then under Simon Grayson (doing an excellent job again at Preston). It has also got to the point where the baffling/stubborn decisions are increasing.

As a club we are in a mess. Realistically how many of the current players are good enough? Butland and Wickham look decent as loanees (not sure how well either did yestreday though), Pearce has looked a lot better this season as has McCormack. Apart from that there is not really much. Byram just doesn't look right and there has to be a big question as to whether he can ever get back to his performances of last year. Murphy has a bit of promise as does Smith (9 goals now with very little service) and Mowatt but apart from that there is nothing.

We cannot get by as a club without either significant investment, better scouting or a few youth players stepping up and being good enough. If the Cellino takeover doesn't happen we are screwed as our better players will simply be sold to balance the books and we will always take 3 seps back every time we make a couple of steps forward.
woodfordwhites
First Team
First Team

Post by woodfordwhites »

USA LEE wrote:Zola
zola is as mad as allowing your daughter to support the scum as you do
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

As I have stated on another thread how can we sack McDermott until we have a take over GFH cant afford to pay him off unless the take over goes through we look set for administration once again we have to big a squad plus large backroom staff etc far to many for what we are taking in.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote:As I have stated on another thread how can we sack McDermott until we have a take over GFH cant afford to pay him off unless the take over goes through we look set for administration once again we have to big a squad plus large backroom staff etc far to many for what we are taking in.
Correct McDermott will keep his job if the Cellino deal fails
USA LEE
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by USA LEE »

What a mess , yatch is worth more than the club :( .
theleedsmango
First Team
First Team

Post by theleedsmango »

Grayson probably would have got 5 scored against us, but would have made sure we scored 6.

I've been championing Brian as I've been a big supporter of giving the manager and players time, and I still am, but there are a few requirements for a manager and that is his philosophy must not take a long term gamble. Warnock only looked short term and gambled short term success on a strew of journey men signings. Brian, has been 50/50 because I definitely think there is more to come from Murphy, Smith and Wootton but then I don't think there is with Hunt and Kebe.

And before someone scatter-bombs me with a list of anti-Brian sentiments, I have had the argument with myself when trying to work out Brian's potential to take us somewhere.

- But he's harmed the future of the club with useless signings like Hunt, Kebe and Stewart
- Surely those guys need time to gel, to fit in. They are decent players and should be performing better.
- Then we could argue the same for all Warnocks signings, maybe Drury and Morrison just needed more time.
- But would Brian have signed Kebe or Stewart if he had money? We needed wingers and had nothing to do it with. His signings when he's been backed, albeit momentarily, are of better quality: Murphy, Wickham, Butland
- A manager should only sign players that he knows improves the team regardless of money
- Yet we'd be sitting here criminalising him for our narrow minded play as he didn't sign any wingers.

And so it goes on. Me and my schizophrenic self could roleplay either side for and against Brian and put up an argument. Every result lowers my expectations that Brian is the man but I'll stick by my original plan of backing a manager for one full season unless he is jeopardizing the future of the club. Anyone would deserve that for feeding off scraps and putting up with the rubbish the club has went through.
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

theleedsmango wrote:Grayson probably would have got 5 scored against us, but would have made sure we scored 6.

I've been championing Brian as I've been a big supporter of giving the manager and players time, and I still am, but there are a few requirements for a manager and that is his philosophy must not take a long term gamble. Warnock only looked short term and gambled short term success on a strew of journey men signings. Brian, has been 50/50 because I definitely think there is more to come from Murphy, Smith and Wootton but then I don't think there is with Hunt and Kebe.

And before someone scatter-bombs me with a list of anti-Brian sentiments, I have had the argument with myself when trying to work out Brian's potential to take us somewhere.

- But he's harmed the future of the club with useless signings like Hunt, Kebe and Stewart
- Surely those guys need time to gel, to fit in. They are decent players and should be performing better.
- Then we could argue the same for all Warnocks signings, maybe Drury and Morrison just needed more time.
- But would Brian have signed Kebe or Stewart if he had money? We needed wingers and had nothing to do it with. His signings when he's been backed, albeit momentarily, are of better quality: Murphy, Wickham, Butland
- A manager should only sign players that he knows improves the team regardless of money
- Yet we'd be sitting here criminalising him for our narrow minded play as he didn't sign any wingers.

And so it goes on. Me and my schizophrenic self could roleplay either side for and against Brian and put up an argument. Every result lowers my expectations that Brian is the man but I'll stick by my original plan of backing a manager for one full season unless he is jeopardizing the future of the club. Anyone would deserve that for feeding off scraps and putting up with the rubbish the club has went through.
Back him all you like Mango which is very admiral of you but he isn't the man to take us forward. There is no way we should be experiencing batterings conceding 5 & 6's with that squad if he implemented the correct motivational/tactical skills one would expect from a decent manager !
USA LEE
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by USA LEE »

If we trying to play attractive football even if we results were going against us - I would be saying the manager is trying and needs the right players and time 1-2 yrs . However, our style of play is poor.
Ricb76
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Ricb76 »

See the debate is still raging on, my 2p's worth. He was borderline till Saturday, can't see him coming back from that drubbing unless we win every match from now to the end of the season and/or qualify for the playoffs. Still like him, just don't think he has the required skills for this battle / team or whatever you want to call it.
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

a loss to far for me, if our earlier batterings had not been repeated I would have given him till the end of the season - now I say let him go.

Sad as I feel he has done a lot for the club and would continue to do so.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
MeeTa
Manager
Manager
Twitter: @EirikOstrem

Post by MeeTa »

Id wait to/if the takeover is done, then remove him. I wouldn't trust GFH to sack McD and then bring in a good replacement. Im sure they would re-hire Warnock. No point sacking McD to bring in an even worse manager.
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Martyn »

Quite so.

A new manager now couldn't do anything to change the squad - bar one loan signing - so there is no point whatever in changing before the end of the season.

If Brian can get them playing attractive football and get some wins under his belt, then he may earn a reprieve. If it continues like the last 3 months then, sadly, his time is up.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

theleedsmango wrote:Grayson probably would have got 5 scored against us, but would have made sure we scored 6.

you get a feel for a manager, as you do for a player. You can tell fairly quickly if they're right for the club and it's nothing to do with wins and losses or how many goals they score. My instincts tell me BMC is not the man to take us forward and a lot of my instincts tell me Ross is too much the centre of focus for this team...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Guildford White wrote:Image

BMC's win average is 39%...no win in the next two and it dips to below those named above...he has a 7% win average since Dec 15..nigh on 3 months
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Guildford White wrote:Quite so.

A new manager now couldn't do anything to change the squad - bar one loan signing - so there is no point whatever in changing before the end of the season.

If Brian can get them playing attractive football and get some wins under his belt, then he may earn a reprieve. If it continues like the last 3 months then, sadly, his time is up.

a new manager now could at least learn the ropes, work out who he keeps and who goes. He gets a look at the youth players..none of which he could do under match conditions throughout the off season...Not saying that should happen rather that there are good arguments for both keeping till seasons end and sacking now..

there is zero chance of promotion and zero chance of relegation...lessons need to be learned for next season
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Martyn »

I have, as I have said many times, been a supporter of Brian McD, I liked (and still do) the things he was doing to rebuild the club after 8 years of decay under Bates.

BUT

given the way results and performances have been since the turn of the year, I won't be manning the barricades if Cellino decides to get rid - so long as he brings in a real manager, not just a job for his mate Festa
ldsutd
First Team
First Team

Post by ldsutd »

I agree to most comments regarding the sacking of BMD but there's no point in doing it now because the new manager can't do anything regarding signings and i doubt we are going down (famous last words) :roll: the new regime fingers crossed who ever it maybe has now until the end of the season to tap up or approach a new all singing all dancing football winning manager. I also wish people would stop naming Grayson because i don't think he's the man to take us forward, i think he has found his level and it isn't the top of the championship.
Dickinson19
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Dickinson19 »

Worrying to say the least. I didn't want him when he was rumoured to first take over but since he's been in I've had a feeling he will turn it around at ER and I still stand by it. Shocking performance at the weekend doesn't help his chances of making it til next season but I would stick with him. We need a stable manager and if we keep calling for managers heads we will never get that

BMD
Rather be dead than red