Remember when....

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Remember when....

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Remember when we had stikers that could do this....

Or this....

And now we've got this....

woodfordwhites
First Team
First Team

Re: Remember when....

Post by woodfordwhites »

i have been doing a kitchen re wire and on monday the kitchen fitter turned up we got talking of the week ends games when i mentioned who i support he ran a few players off and mentioned yobo and instantly gave me goose pimples what a fantastic player he was a legend in my eyes.the chippy by the way was a scum supporter.GREAT DAYS :-D
Auusie Pride
Ballboy
Ballboy

Remember when....

Post by Auusie Pride »

As an Aussie, my most enjoyable Leeds match. A much weakened side that day if I remember correctly. Jacob Burns started and Danny Hay came on for Jonathan Woodgate early.

Olly Dacourt with some of passes was sublime.
LUFCRACE
Manager
Manager
Twitter: lufcrace

Remember when....

Post by LUFCRACE »

Unfortunately Yeboah was just before I fell for LUFC.
Viduka, yes.
But mostly, Olly Dacourt! Just superb.
BRING BACK BRADDERS

International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
www.facebook.com/KumonWakefieldNorth
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley »

Frustrating aint it? :lol:
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Had Austin's shot dipped the other side of the bar vs. QPR it would have been almost as good as Tony's!

Can't wait until we have some real fire power again. Though I'm happy that we seem to be harder to beat now, you can't lose if you don't concede, and we haven't conceded more than 1 goal in any game this season so we're getting better in that respect.
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley »

Genghers wrote:Had Austin's shot dipped the other side of the bar vs. QPR it would have been almost as good as Tony's!

Can't wait until we have some real fire power again. Though I'm happy that we seem to be harder to beat now, you can't lose if you don't concede, and we haven't conceded more than 1 goal in any game this season so we're getting better in that respect.
Its a pattern:

Grayson: Attack minded, sort the defence out!

Warnock: Defence and midfield improved, sort the attack out!

Brian: Defence and midfield sorted, sort the attack out!

When we hit the balance we will be going up.
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
theleedsmango
First Team
First Team

Post by theleedsmango »

Shields53 wrote:Remember when we had stikers that could do this....

And now we've got this....
In all fairness, as much as Yeboah and Viduka are better than Varney, you've compared 2 great goals from 2 strikers, with a miss from another...hardly a fair comparison.

I too, wandered about the spectacle that would have followed had Austin's goal went in. Last minute equaliser, Yeboah style, against the top team of the league... although it's early in the season, and it would have meant very little...we'd be talking about that goal for years.
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
drsdadsotherson
First Team
First Team

Post by drsdadsotherson »

One of the most striking (pun intended) things about the QPR match was the genuine belief from the fans that we could take on and defeat the best on-paper team in the Championship by a long way.

The refound belief and positivity is as good as an extra man on the field regardless of who is playing. Let's keep it going and make sure the player of the year is awarded to US.
Kyle_5351
First Team
First Team

Post by Kyle_5351 »

drsdadsotherson wrote:One of the most striking (pun intended) things about the QPR match was the genuine belief from the fans that we could take on and defeat the best on-paper team in the Championship by a long way.

The refound belief and positivity is as good as an extra man on the field regardless of who is playing. Let's keep it going and make sure the player of the year is awarded to US.
Plus the fact everyone isn't about to jump off a bridge because we lost. Optimism, I love it.