Sloths v Rams - Team/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Sloths v Rams - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by HarryofOz »

Twiggster wrote: Go on then - work me a scenario where we could get relegated? I can't see one. May come close, but no chance....
Do you want a purely theoretical scenario?

Current table

Leeds (12th) 52
Burnley 51
Millwall 51
Blackpool 50
Charlton 50
Ipswich 50
Wolves 48
Blackburn 47
Barnsley 47
Sheff Wed 47
Huddersfield (22nd) 47

Tuesday 2 April

Huddersfield beat Bolton
Charlton beat Brighton (and go past Leeds)

Table

Leeds (13th) 52
Burnley 51
Millwall 51
Blackpool 50
Ipswich 50
Huddersfield 50
Wolves 48
Blackburn 47
Barnsley 47
Sheff Wed 47 (22nd)

Saturday 6 April

Leeds lose to Charlton
Wolves beat Bolton
Burnley beat Bristol City (and go past Leeds)
Barnsley beat Crystal Palace
Ipswich beat Derby (and go past Leeds)
Huddersfield beat Peterborough (and go past Leeds)
Blackpool beat Nottingham Forest (and go past Leeds)
Sheffield Wednesday and Blackburn draw)

Table

Leeds (17th) 52
Millwall 51
Wolves 51
Barnsley 50
Blackburn 48
Sheff Wed 48 (22nd)

Tuesday 9 April

Barnsley beat Cardiff (and go past Leeds)
Sheffield Wednesday beat Millwall)

Table

Leeds (18th) 52
Millwall 51
Wolves 51
Sheff Wed 51
Blackburn 48 (22nd)

Saturday 13 April

Leeds lose to Sheffield Wednesday (who go past Leeds)
Blackburn beat Derby
Wolves beat Huddersfield (and go past Leeds)
NOTE: MIllwall not playing as they are in the FA cup semi final that weekend

Table

Leeds (20th) 52
Millwall 51
Blackburn 51 (22nd)

Tuesday 16 April

Leeds lose to Burnley
Blackburn beat Huddersfield (and go past Leeds)
Millwall beat Watford (and go past Leeds)

Table

Leeds (22nd) 52

Leeds lose to Birmingham, Brighton and Watford and get relegated.

And that will not be the only scenario as there are three other rounds (the weeks we play Birmingham, Brighton and Watford) for teams below us to pick up the points they need.

The scenarios are unlikely in my opinion, but they definitely exist in theory.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Twiggster wrote: Go on then - work me a scenario where we could get relegated? I can't see one. May come close, but no chance....
Like Meeta said my scenario on the other thread is plausible and I pray I am wrong. Realistically I think one win should be enough and we should be good enough to get it. The real danger though is that we now have a lot of players in limbo. They have no idea if they will be here next season and are playing for a manager that is extremely unlikely to be given the full time job so are they realistically going to bee giving 100% or jusst going through the motions?

We also have Lees out for 2 more games. Lose them, and both are against teams below us, and we are likely to be within 3 points of the bottom three teams. What we also then find is that those teams at the bottom have been fighting for their lives for a few weeks and are battle hardened - are we?

Team selection is a huge gamble no matter which way NR goes. Does he stick with the current underachievers who have shown on several occasions they do have the ability but now perhaps lack the fight or does he go for youngsters who might have the hunger to do well, the passion to give 100% for their club and the fearlessness of youth but who might freeze on the big stage and might not be ready or good enough.

Ideal scenario is we win against Charlton which near enough makes us safe and then NR can blood a few of the youngsters aongsidde the Leeds players that have been at the club a while and play for the shirt - Lees, White and McCormack.
joelufc20
First Team
First Team

Post by joelufc20 »

We need 6 points. We have not won in 6 games we have no pace or players with the ability to score goals. We are f**king doomed. I can't see us winning a football match or scoring goals plus we are awful at the back.
REST IN PEACE GARY SPEED LEEDS UNITED LEGEND

[url}http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery ... n-pictures[/url]
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

weasel wrote:Team selection is a huge gamble no matter which way NR goes. Does he stick with the current underachievers who have shown on several occasions they do have the ability but now perhaps lack the fight or does he go for youngsters who might have the hunger to do well, the passion to give 100% for their club and the fearlessness of youth but who might freeze on the big stage and might not be ready or good enough.

Ideal scenario is we win against Charlton which near enough makes us safe and then NR can blood a few of the youngsters aongsidde the Leeds players that have been at the club a while and play for the shirt - Lees, White and McCormack.
I reckon we'll see a couple more of the youngsters/frozen out players coming in. Redders likes White and can clearly get decent performances from Hall, so we might have some pace on the wings.

I think Dawson deserves another run-out, alongside Green who I was quite impressed with yesterday.
hector

Post by hector »

how about bringing Poleon back as well?
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

HarryofOz wrote:Do you want...

...Leeds lose to Birmingham, Brighton and Watford and get relegated.
Yes, yes, yes, but show Twiggs a scenario where we would get relegated :wink:
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

Having just watched the highlights: feck off with Warnock, Reg. Too slow to react when the pen hit the post and a half-hearted challenge when the guy headed the winner.

Oh - pen when White fouled the guy in the box and it was an og by Pearce so should have stood.

:evil:
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Gino 1959 wrote:Having just watched the highlights: feck off with Warnock, Reg. Too slow to react when the pen hit the post and a half-hearted challenge when the guy headed the winner.

Oh - pen when White fouled the guy in the box and it was an og by Pearce so should have stood.

:evil:
I agree about the penalty but not about the own goal. The attacker who was in an offside position moved to the ball thereby becoming 'active' which made him offside.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Charity Shield 69
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Charity Shield 69 »

Having suffered through a TV replay of the game, have to say the kid Dawson was quite impressive - got around the park, showed willing to link up, and made his share of clean or clever passes including involvement in one incisive move into the penalty area toward the latter part of the first half.
A great shame Green's 1st half strike didn't bring the goal it deserved - equally so with Byram's thumping header. This proven youngster really does have a goal threat as an attacking FB.

Cheers,
CS69
Cheers,
CS69
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I do hope the fans won't bring all this negativity into the stadium..THATS the only way we get relegated...20,000 people transmitting their unreasonable fears onto the players...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
MeeTa
Manager
Manager
Twitter: @EirikOstrem

Post by MeeTa »

faaip wrote:I do hope the fans won't bring all this negativity into the stadium..THATS the only way we get relegated...20,000 people transmitting their unreasonable fears onto the players...

Rubbish, worried fans wont get a club relegated.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I've seen it happen on a smaller scale....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
MeeTa
Manager
Manager
Twitter: @EirikOstrem

Post by MeeTa »

faaip wrote:I've seen it happen on a smaller scale....

If anything is going to get us relegated, its the clueless c*nt weve had as manager, and the below average shite of shower we call a team. Hardly the fans to blame if we end up going down
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Yet another poor show on a freezing evening

Derby equaliser shouldn't have stood as two Rams players (including the scorer) encroached the area before the penalty was struck. I was screaming from the other end at the slow reaction of our players, i'll take it back now i realise the Derby players had a yard start on our weary troops...crucial moment of the match ! Super strike from Ross :clap:

Kenny - 7
Byram - 7
Peltier - 5
Pearce - 3
Warnock - 6
Green - 6
Austin - 3
Dawson - 6
Diouf - 5
Varney - 4
Morison - 1

Subs :