Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Auusie Pride
Ballboy
Ballboy

Supporting Leeds

Post by Auusie Pride »

G'day guys. I'm an Aussie (need to get my user name changed due to me being a nonk) Leeds fan since 1997 when Harry Kewell burst onto the scene. Obviously his departure was a sore point, but the Australian contingent that have played at Elland Road over the years have only solidified my affinity with the mighty Whites.

Unfortunately since our relegation from the Premier League, my ability to watch matches has greatly diminished with only playoff matches and FA Cup matches telecast live in Oz. So navigating these type of forums are pretty important to keep up to date with all things Leeds.
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Supporting Leeds

Post by Twiggster »

Auusie Pride wrote:G'day guys. I'm an Aussie (need to get my user name changed due to me being a nonk) Leeds fan since 1997 when Harry Kewell burst onto the scene. Obviously his departure was a sore point, but the Australian contingent that have played at Elland Road over the years have only solidified my affinity with the mighty Whites.

Unfortunately since our relegation from the Premier League, my ability to watch matches has greatly diminished with only playoff matches and FA Cup matches telecast live in Oz. So navigating these type of forums are pretty important to keep up to date with all things Leeds.
Hey Johnathon! Glad you made it at last! :tup: Welcome aboard mate. Plenty of ways to follow our club on line through this forum, with our own matchday live on line radio commentary stream for every game, plus all televised games are available on line through my Wiziwig signature click.
Cardiff this Saturday will be streamed for you to watch live on your computer.

Enjoy the MOTForum madness. :mrgreen:
Auusie Pride
Ballboy
Ballboy

Supporting Leeds

Post by Auusie Pride »

Twiggster wrote:
Hey Johnathon! Glad you made it at last! :tup: Welcome aboard mate. Plenty of ways to follow our club on line through this forum, with our own matchday live on line radio commentary stream for every game, plus all televised games are available on line through my Wiziwig signature click.
Cardiff this Saturday will be streamed for you to watch live on your computer.

Enjoy the MOTForum madness. :mrgreen:
Awesome, cheers pal. I'll give it a go. My brother's a computer whiz, and I'm sure he'll able to hook it up to our projector in the living room.
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Auusie Pride wrote:
Awesome, cheers pal. I'll give it a go. My brother's a computer whiz, and I'm sure he'll able to hook it up to our projector in the living room.
Setanta are showing it on tv in OZ. Save a lot of messing about with HDMI cables, if you can see it on telly. :tup:
Auusie Pride
Ballboy
Ballboy

Supporting Leeds

Post by Auusie Pride »

Twiggster wrote: Setanta are showing it on tv in OZ. Save a lot of messing about with HDMI cables, if you can see it on telly. :tup:
Problem is it's an extra $16 a month on top my regular cable bill to watch maybe a couple of matches a month as I don't think I'd watch anything else on Setanta.

We've got 6 computers and 4 televisions at home between the two of us. Three of the computers are hooked up to televisions as it is. So I think I'll stick to the online route. After seeing the Tottenham match last weekend hopefully we can get a result against Cardiff.
leedsmad
First Team
First Team

Post by leedsmad »

Auusie Pride wrote:G'day guys. I'm an Aussie (need to get my user name changed due to me being a nonk) Leeds fan since 1997 when Harry Kewell burst onto the scene. Obviously his departure was a sore point, but the Australian contingent that have played at Elland Road over the years have only solidified my affinity with the mighty Whites.

Never supported anyone until Harry went over and joined the mighty whites in the mid 90's .
I was school mates with him and it was easy to support Leeds and have a Club to support by watching him play and doing so well.
Last edited by leedsmad on Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Auusie Pride
Ballboy
Ballboy

Supporting Leeds

Post by Auusie Pride »

Great backstory Leedsmad. I'm sure many Leeds supporters from Oz would sight their allegiance due to Harry. But to have grown up with him must have been exciting.
leedsmad
First Team
First Team

Post by leedsmad »

Auusie Pride wrote:Great backstory Leedsmad. I'm sure many Leeds supporters from Oz would sight their allegiance due to Harry. But to have grown up with him must have been exciting.
Yeah that's for sure.
Last edited by leedsmad on Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

Grew up with friends of friends of Milner, had a kick about with him a few times and hung out a few times.
Id love to say he seemed nice but at 15 im surprised he could get his head through any doors.
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Brader wrote:Grew up with friends of friends of Milner, had a kick about with him a few times and hung out a few times.
Id love to say he seemed nice but at 15 im surprised he could get his head through any doors.
Mate's brother also knows him. Calls him "an insufferable twat who got lucky, that we try to ignore".... :mrgreen:
white.riot

Post by white.riot »

Brader wrote:Grew up with friends of friends of Milner, had a kick about with him a few times and hung out a few times.
I have two left feet, if I had Milner's ability I might see life differently. I want him back. As easy as that for me but let's dump on the bloke , its what we do. He flys the LUFC flag for England. Denigrate him if you like but he's a top bloke for me.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

me three
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
white.riot

Post by white.riot »

faaip wrote:me three
And yet you speak far more sense than those who claim Messian ability,
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Milner was the only player who tried in the season when we got relegated from the prem. Despite his early age he was the only man in that team.
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

weasel wrote:Milner was the only player who tried in the season when we got relegated from the prem. Despite his early age he was the only man in that team.
:tup:
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
Armleywhite

Post by Armleywhite »

Don't forget Gary Kelly. 8-)
Drs.Dad
Manager
Manager

Post by Drs.Dad »

Or Alan Smith
(stands back and awaits Twiggs standard eruption!)
(But I mean it!)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Drs.Dad wrote:Or Alan Smith
(stands back and awaits Twiggs standard eruption!)
(But I mean it!)
The majority of Leeds fans forget Alan Smith wavered bonus payments owed to him when we were in the financial mess Ridsdale/O'Leary created, can't say the same about any other player who was sold on !
Drs.Dad
Manager
Manager

Post by Drs.Dad »

1964white wrote:
The majority of Leeds fans forget Alan Smith wavered bonus payments owed to him when we were in the financial mess Ridsdale/O'Leary created, can't say the same about any other player who was sold on !

One of the many reasons I cannot understand the vitriol which goes his way. I'm certain he'd love to come back to ER just to watch matches, but dare not because of the unreasonable attitude of some fans.
:evil:
white.riot

Post by white.riot »

Nowt wrong with the bloke. Just not very good.