Mexico v England - Poll of the Day

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Will you be staying up to watch England?

Poll ended at Mon Jul 06, 2026 6:45 am

Yes, I'm watching it at home.
13
43%
Yes, I'm off down t'pub.
1
3%
No, It's too late
13
43%
No, We'll lose anyway
3
10%
 
Total votes: 30

User avatar
wilsdenwhite
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1478
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:35 am

Stats & Polls Mexico v England - Poll of the Day

Post by wilsdenwhite »

Keir Starmer always had at least 1 U-turn left in him didn't he? It came yesterday in allowing pubs to stay open for the England game on Monday morning (1.00am) kick-off.

Will you be staying up to watch England?
|||L|||E|||E|||D|||S|||
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155396
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Mexico v England

Post by 1964white »

wilsdenwhite wrote: ↑Fri Jul 03, 2026 6:45 am Keir Starmer always had at least 1 U-turn left in him didn't he? It came yesterday in allowing pubs to stay open for the England game on Monday morning (1.00am) kick-off.

Will you be staying up to watch England?
No!
Jimstorrie
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 765
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:47 am

Re: Mexico v England

Post by Jimstorrie »

1964white wrote: ↑Fri Jul 03, 2026 6:51 amNo!
Be like the Likely Lads episode and trying to avoid knowing the score.
User avatar
ShaunL
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1275
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:20 am
Location: Fremantle

Re: Mexico v England - Poll

Post by ShaunL »

Pub for me 8 am over here.
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11786
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Mexico v England - Poll

Post by Barlow Boy »

wilsdenwhite wrote: ↑Fri Jul 03, 2026 6:45 am Keir Starmer always had at least 1 U-turn left in him didn't he? It came yesterday in allowing pubs to stay open for the England game on Monday morning (1.00am) kick-off.

Will you be staying up to watch England?
Absolutely, the benefits of retirement 😁

I will be watching from home though.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Tom the Cat
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 753
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:33 am

Re: Mexico v England - Poll

Post by Tom the Cat »

wilsdenwhite wrote: ↑Fri Jul 03, 2026 6:45 am Keir Starmer always had at least 1 U-turn left in him didn't he? It came yesterday in allowing pubs to stay open for the England game on Monday morning (1.00am) kick-off.

Will you be staying up to watch England?
No chance
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79119
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Mexico v England - Poll

Post by The Subhuman »

Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Fri Jul 03, 2026 8:03 am Absolutely, the benefits of retirement 😁

I will be watching from home though.
Ditto
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Musicman1965
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2147
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:11 pm

Re: Mexico v England - Poll

Post by Musicman1965 »

How frustrating to watch England play! They haven't learnt anything from the last two games and the formation 4 - 2 - 3 - 1 is just not working. Mexico are going to rip us apart if things don't change. I really thought with the players we'd do well but on the showing so far its not looking good. There is no balance imo, we look good going forward but as soon we have to defend its all over the place. Where is the leader in defence, who is running the show, yes Kane is captain but there has to unity and organisation. So it has to be change of formation for me, play the style of the Premier League and get the ball moved quickly, instead of pass it back ball, pass it square ball and then the goalkeeper.... You just want to chuck something at the telly...ffs
User avatar
wilsdenwhite
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1478
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:35 am

Re: Mexico v England - Poll

Post by wilsdenwhite »

Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Fri Jul 03, 2026 8:03 am Absolutely, the benefits of retirement 😁

I will be watching from home though.
Enjoy the game mate. I haven't watched much of the tournament other than the 1st half of England's opener and the 2nd half of Brazil v Japan. Wouldn't stay up even if I wanted to though as I can remember the damage it did to my body clock watching the opening 2 days of the Ashes test in December. Also I got a terrible headache I couldn't shift as a result. My mind & body are not built for these early hours excursions anymore :lol:
|||L|||E|||E|||D|||S|||
User avatar
foxy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 979
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:42 am

Re: Mexico v England - Poll

Post by foxy »

I will stay up (not working Monday) but whether I will stay awake is another matter. Stayed up for Portugal v Croatia last night but nodded for about 15 minutes after the second hydration break and woke up for the VAR review of the equalizer that was ruled out. It was a pretty good game but even that doesn't prevent natural body clock kicking in
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79119
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Mexico v England - Poll

Post by The Subhuman »

At least it's not a 3 am start. I always find 12-3 am is hard if you're waiting.... but if it's kicked off at 1am staying awake isn't tough as you're engaged..
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20763
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Mexico v England - Poll

Post by whiteswan »

I'll be watching at home but I'll probably switch off once we go 3-0 down!
User avatar
Pullhard
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 2978
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:23 am

Re: Mexico v England - Poll

Post by Pullhard »

My learning from staying up to watch the late kickoff in the NFL is that I wake up on the sofa having missed half the game.
So I will go to bed and watch it back
User avatar
Victor_OTT_17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3291
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:27 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Mexico v England - Poll

Post by Victor_OTT_17 »

They have changed the kick off time so this poll is irrelevant! Just checking it's not one on PJM's polls before I post this and get slaughtered for bullying again :P
The Guitar Medic on FaceBook and on YouTube

weasel wrote: ↑Tue Jul 28, 2026 4:35 pm Are you dense?
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9751
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: Mexico v England - Poll

Post by CUSSIE01 »

If it was still 1am then no, had planned to record it & watch it first thing. Maybe just fast forward to Harry Kane’s last minute dive for a penalty.
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
User avatar
billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 1491
Joined: Mon May 26, 2003 7:29 am
Location: N.Ireland

Re: Mexico v England - Poll

Post by billysboots »

I’m thinking of watching at home if I can stay awake, really enjoying the knockout games.
There Is Only One United.
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11786
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Mexico v England - Poll

Post by Barlow Boy »

wilsdenwhite wrote: ↑Fri Jul 03, 2026 10:25 am Enjoy the game mate. I haven't watched much of the tournament other than the 1st half of England's opener and the 2nd half of Brazil v Japan. Wouldn't stay up even if I wanted to though as I can remember the damage it did to my body clock watching the opening 2 days of the Ashes test in December. Also I got a terrible headache I couldn't shift as a result. My mind & body are not built for these early hours excursions anymore :lol:
They had some sort of sleep expert on the telly this morning, and it was quite interesting what he was saying in terms of getting some sleep so you’re not falling asleep during the game.

I won’t bore you with all the details, although it was quite interesting, but he was suggesting that you go to bed around 3pm on the Sunday afternoon and get up around 7pm Sunday evening so that when the 1am kickoff comes round, your body will think it’s around midday. He even suggested, when you get up at the 7 pm on the Sunday evening, have some cornflakes, take the dog for a walk or whatever you do on a regular morning.

As I say, I found it interesting anyway.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
Johnthewhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 2242
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:40 pm

Re: Mexico v England - Poll

Post by Johnthewhite »

Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Fri Jul 03, 2026 8:03 am Absolutely, the benefits of retirement 😁

I will be watching from home though.
And another :hi5:
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155396
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Mexico v England - Poll

Post by 1964white »

CUSSIE01 wrote: ↑Fri Jul 03, 2026 10:01 pm If it was still 1am then no, had planned to record it & watch it first thing. Maybe just fast forward to Harry Kane’s last minute dive for a penalty.
Another streaky victory.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155396
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Mexico v England - Poll

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Fri Jul 03, 2026 2:19 pm I'll be watching at home but I'll probably switch off once we go 3-0 down!
I'd carry on for the fun of it, watching the bunch of halfwits embarrassing themselves once again, and seeing all those England fans insisting 'Its coming home' crying in their beer. :beers:
Post Reply