2026 World Cup Competition

Predict the scores...if you can!

- LUFC Match Predictions
- Predict Six
- FA Cup Predictions

Plenty to choose from - dip in and have a go - all MOT members welcome. Just for fun.
Post Reply
Corkwhites
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 693
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:32 am

Re: 2026 WORLD CUP COMPETITION

Post by Corkwhites »

Me to please.
Dutch game I went 2-1. Two pts.
👍
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155290
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: 2026 WORLD CUP COMPETITION

Post by 1964white »

Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Sun Jun 21, 2026 12:41 pm 20th June
1 Netherlands 2-1 Sweden

Mr 64, I think I should have been awarded 2 points for the above game..

Netherlands Win = 1 point
Sweden 1 goal = 1 point

Total 36 points

Please could you check this for me mate, when you get chance?
Apologies to Cork & you, mate.

I've made the same error thoughout so I have also amended Evan, Wilsden, JiL, Foxy, Cussie & Cjay's scores too.

Bear with me, whilst I adjust/update the table.
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11781
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: 2026 WORLD CUP COMPETITION

Post by Barlow Boy »

1964white wrote: ↑Sun Jun 21, 2026 5:22 pm Apologies to Cork & you, mate.

I've made the same error thoughout so I have also amended Evan, Wilsden, JiL, Foxy, Cussie & Cjay's scores too.

Bear with me, whilst I adjust/update the table.
No need for apologies mate, thank you 👍
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Corkwhites
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 693
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:32 am

Re: 2026 WORLD CUP COMPETITION

Post by Corkwhites »

Think I should have 5pts for Spanish game. Apologies for being a pain.
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11781
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: 2026 WORLD CUP COMPETITION

Post by Barlow Boy »

My last set of predictions for this round Mr 64, thank you for your patience whilst I was away…..

23rd June
England 3-1 Ghana

24th June
Switzerland 2-2 Canada
Scotland 0-2 Brazil

25th June
Japan 2-1 Sweden
Türkey 1-2 USA

26th June
Norway 1-2 France
Uruguay 1-2 Spain

27th June
Croatia 2-1 Ghana
Panama 0-3 England
Colombia 1-2 Portugal
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
Finnatic
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6713
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:47 pm

Re: 2026 WORLD CUP COMPETITION

Post by Finnatic »

The rest of the fixtures, ‘64 👍🏻

24th June
Switzerland 1-1 Canada
Scotland 1-3 Brazil

25th June
Japan 2–1Sweden
Türkey 1-2 USA

26th June
Norway 1-3 France
Uruguay 1-2 Spain

27th June
Croatia 1-1 Ghana
Panama 0-2 England
Colombia 1-1 Portugal
User avatar
Finnatic
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6713
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:47 pm

Re: 2026 WORLD CUP COMPETITION

Post by Finnatic »

I forgot to include Croatia v Ghana as my NAP if it’s ok to add that to my predictions?
Or is it one NAP for all the fixtures??
If so, forget this post.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155290
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: 2026 WORLD CUP COMPETITION

Post by 1964white »

Finnatic wrote: ↑Tue Jun 23, 2026 9:39 am I forgot to include Croatia v Ghana as my NAP if it’s ok to add that to my predictions?
Or is it one NAP for all the fixtures??
If so, forget this post.
The next NAP comes into play in the Round 2 matches on the 28th June (I think).
User avatar
Pullhard
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 2976
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:23 am

Re: 2026 WORLD CUP COMPETITION

Post by Pullhard »

My selection for the final batch of group stage matches.
Must say the scoring system for this competition is great. A couple of correct predictions has a considerable impact.

24th June
Switzerland 2-1 Canada
Scotland 0-2 Brazil

25th June
Japan 1–1Sweden
Türkey 0-3 USA

26th June
Norway 1-2 France
Uruguay 0-2 Spain

27th June
Croatia 2-1 Ghana
Panama 0-3 England
Colombia 1-2 Portugal
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11781
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: 2026 WORLD CUP COMPETITION

Post by Barlow Boy »

Pullhard wrote: ↑Tue Jun 23, 2026 11:09 am My selection for the final batch of group stage matches.
Must say the scoring system for this competition is great. A couple of correct predictions has a considerable impact.

24th June
Switzerland 2-1 Canada
Scotland 0-2 Brazil

25th June
Japan 1–1Sweden
Türkey 0-3 USA

26th June
Norway 1-2 France
Uruguay 0-2 Spain

27th June
Croatia 2-1 Ghana
Panama 0-3 England
Colombia 1-2 Portugal
Agree, it’s a cracking competition, doesn’t take much to shoot up the league table.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
Finnatic
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6713
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:47 pm

Re: 2026 WORLD CUP COMPETITION

Post by Finnatic »

1964white wrote: ↑Tue Jun 23, 2026 10:54 am The next NAP comes into play in the Round 2 matches on the 28th June (I think).
Ok, I just copied and pasted someone else’s scores and edited them to suit my predictions 😄
User avatar
Finnatic
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6713
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:47 pm

Re: 2026 WORLD CUP COMPETITION

Post by Finnatic »

Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Tue Jun 23, 2026 11:13 am Agree, it’s a cracking competition, doesn’t take much to shoot up the league table.
Yes, I thought I had a comfortable gap but a five pointer really shoots you up the league.
The fact there’ are matches every day also keeps it interesting
Good work, ‘64 👍🏻
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11781
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: 2026 WORLD CUP COMPETITION

Post by Barlow Boy »

Finnatic wrote: ↑Tue Jun 23, 2026 12:02 pm Yes, I thought I had a comfortable gap but a five pointer really shoots you up the league.
The fact there’ are matches every day also keeps it interesting
Good work, ‘64 👍🏻
Agree, immense credit to Mr 64 for this one.

You’ve still got a comfortable cushion at the top mate.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
Finnatic
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6713
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:47 pm

Re: 2026 WORLD CUP COMPETITION

Post by Finnatic »

Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Tue Jun 23, 2026 12:09 pm Agree, immense credit to Mr 64 for this one.

You’ve still got a comfortable cushion at the top mate.
It’s down to three points with Pull getting five for the Argentina game.
Also, I’ve gone for England v Ghana as a draw which I’m regretting now as they don’t look a good side this time.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155290
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: 2026 WORLD CUP COMPETITION

Post by 1964white »

Thank you folks. :tup:
Tom the Cat
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 752
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:33 am

Re: 2026 WORLD CUP COMPETITION

Post by Tom the Cat »

Finnatic wrote: ↑Tue Jun 23, 2026 12:14 pm It’s down to three points with Pull getting five for the Argentina game.
Also, I’ve gone for England v Ghana as a draw which I’m regretting now as they don’t look a good side this time.
England or Ghana ?
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155290
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: 2026 WORLD CUP COMPETITION

Post by 1964white »

I'll update the England result with tonight's matches tomorrow lunchtime as I'm busy today & up to midday tomorrow.
User avatar
Pullhard
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 2976
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:23 am

Re: 2026 WORLD CUP COMPETITION

Post by Pullhard »

1964white wrote: ↑Wed Jun 24, 2026 9:07 am I'll update the England result with tonight's matches tomorrow lunchtime as I'm busy today & up to midday tomorrow.
Thanks 64.
You are going above and beyond with this competition.
It’s good fun and has certainly changed my engagement with the WC.
It’s a heavy admin lift and it’s appreciated.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155290
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: 2026 WORLD CUP COMPETITION

Post by 1964white »

Pullhard wrote: ↑Wed Jun 24, 2026 1:08 pm Thanks 64.
You are going above and beyond with this competition.
It’s good fun and has certainly changed my engagement with the WC.
It’s a heavy admin lift and it’s appreciated.
Thank you, Pullhard.

Much appreciated.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155290
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: 2026 WORLD CUP COMPETITION

Post by 1964white »

Last night's results to be updated later today.

Bear with me over the next week as I'm on holiday.
Post Reply