2026 Tour de France Competition: FINAL STANDINGS
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
-
Clacton White
- First Team

- Posts: 2072
- Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:56 pm
Re: Cycling fans? Tour De France competition?
Definitely interested, it's only a few weeks away I think . Last month we visited one of the towns that will have the Tour going through it this year ....Evian on Lake Geneva . Love watching the tour for some of the towns and villages it goes through and the fantastic countryside. Count me in !
The only problem might be Pogdacar is levels ahead of the rest now , he is as far ahead as Mercyx was in his day .
The only problem might be Pogdacar is levels ahead of the rest now , he is as far ahead as Mercyx was in his day .
- whiteswan
- Superstar

- Posts: 20750
- Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am
Re: Cycling fans? Tour De France competition?
If I'm on our very quiet country roads with no other car in sight and a cyclist is coming towards me I stop, allowing the cyclist to navigate safely past me.Orange Box wrote: ↑Mon Jun 22, 2026 8:34 am I don’t think there is anything more divisive than the cyclist and driver argument. And yet, as with most things in life, it’s the 1% idiots in both camps who fuel the debate. Most cyclists are aware of the issues and cause no problem. Most car drivers are respectful and show patience.
But I agree with some of the comments on here about inconsiderate cyclists. The ones who just pull out of another road without looking, the ones who race down my little lane where I live, the ones racing on the footpaths where it is illegal to cycle. In fact a dog was killed on one of out footpaths when an idiot on a bike hit it. Too many internal injuries for it to survive.
You are right OB, there's good 'uns and bad 'uns in both camps.
- Jaydog
- Superstar

- Posts: 21207
- Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
- Location: Here
Re: Cycling fans? Tour De France competition?
My condolences ChilliChilli D wrote: ↑Mon Jun 22, 2026 6:35 am A member of my cycle group was hit by a van while out on a solo ride only last month and died after being in a coma for 3 weeks. I was a pall bearer at his funeral on Friday. A very sad day for me.
The driver of the van was arrested for being under the influence of drugs.
That is absolutely shocking.
I was knocked off my bike many years ago by a suspected drunk driver. I have never ridden on a public road since. Its either forest tracks or old tarmac railway lines etc
I have heard many stories of road rage involving cyclists. No thanks!
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
- GreennWhite
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 3350
- Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:02 am
Re: Cycling fans? Tour De France competition?
OB, maybe I'm not reading your post correctly but i watched the TDF highlights last year on TV and it was free. Cant remember exactly what channel it was on, maybe ITV4 ? But it was definitely free.Orange Box wrote: ↑Mon Jun 22, 2026 5:44 am I’ve watched TDF religiously since the early 90s because the ITV highlights coverage was so good, but last year when it became pay to view I stopped on principle (even though I had access to the channel it was on) and didn’t see a single second. Same again this year, I’m afraid.
I do cycle though, but it’s becoming more dangerous, especially where I live. I’m in the countryside with lots of twisty bends and high stone walls. Although my area is home to a Scottish designated cycle route, drivers never seem to give a hoot about the fact. It’s war out there, and the person on two wheels never comes out on top.
And i read today that Channel 5 have agreed a deal with TNT to show highlights for the 2026 TDF race for free in the UK. So keep an eye out for that closer to the start of the race.
I'm not much of a cycling fan, but i like to watch the highlights to see all the great places the tour goes through on its journey. When i niece lived in France we followed the tour for 3 days across part of the country and it was a good experience.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155271
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Cycling fans? Tour De France competition?
I nearly got knocked over in Beverley last Friday. I was exiting a shop in the precinct & a young cyclist missed me by inches as he flew past me. I've noticed a lot of teenagers using the footpaths/precincts as a cycle track of late.whiteswan wrote: ↑Mon Jun 22, 2026 11:25 am If I'm on our very quiet country roads with no other car in sight and a cyclist is coming towards me I stop, allowing the cyclist to navigate safely past me.
But I agree with some of the comments on here about inconsiderate cyclists. The ones who just pull out of another road without looking, the ones who race down my little lane where I live, the ones racing on the footpaths where it is illegal to cycle. In fact a dog was killed on one of out footpaths when an idiot on a bike hit it. Too many internal injuries for it to survive.
You are right OB, there's good 'uns and bad 'uns in both camps.
- Jaydog
- Superstar

- Posts: 21207
- Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
- Location: Here
Re: Cycling fans? Tour De France competition?
Its those electric bikes doing 50+ that are going to kill somebody.
You don’t hear them.
However they are delivering food to fat people so fair enough
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
- Barlow Boy
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 11781
- Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm
Re: Cycling fans? Tour De France competition?
whiteswan wrote: ↑Mon Jun 22, 2026 11:25 am If I'm on our very quiet country roads with no other car in sight and a cyclist is coming towards me I stop, allowing the cyclist to navigate safely past me.
But I agree with some of the comments on here about inconsiderate cyclists. The ones who just pull out of another road without looking, the ones who race down my little lane where I live, the ones racing on the footpaths where it is illegal to cycle. In fact a dog was killed on one of out footpaths when an idiot on a bike hit it. Too many internal injuries for it to survive.
You are right OB, there's good 'uns and bad 'uns in both camps.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79056
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Cycling fans? Tour De France competition?
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- Jaydog
- Superstar

- Posts: 21207
- Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
- Location: Here
Re: Cycling fans? Tour De France competition?
And on drugs. 7 years is not enough imo.The Subhuman wrote: ↑Mon Jun 22, 2026 1:04 pm Going to? They have and just recently
https://www.itv.com/watch/news/teenaged ... ng/2n8bpv3
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
- Chilli D
- Superstar

- Posts: 8784
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm
Re: Cycling fans? Tour De France competition?
It was at a junction on the A134 at Long Melford Jay.Jaydog wrote: ↑Mon Jun 22, 2026 11:41 am My condolences Chilli![]()
That is absolutely shocking.
I was knocked off my bike many years ago by a suspected drunk driver. I have never ridden on a public road since. Its either forest tracks or old tarmac railway lines etc
I have heard many stories of road rage involving cyclists. No thanks!
I've had a number of close shaves myself but thankfully haven't been knocked off.
If I can feel a motorist getting impatient behind me, I will pull over and let them pass rather than them pulling an idiot manoeuvre and either taking me out or an oncoming vehicle
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
- Evan R
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 846
- Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2025 2:38 am
- Location: Southern Illinois
Re: Cycling fans? Tour De France competition?
Chili I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Every cyclist's biggest nightmare. I do this as well, especially on climbs where cars cannot safely pass and are impatient.Chilli D wrote: ↑Mon Jun 22, 2026 2:23 pm It was at a junction on the A134 at Long Melford Jay.
I've had a number of close shaves myself but thankfully haven't been knocked off.
If I can feel a motorist getting impatient behind me, I will pull over and let them pass rather than them pulling an idiot manoeuvre and either taking me out or an oncoming vehicle
- Evan R
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 846
- Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2025 2:38 am
- Location: Southern Illinois
Re: Cycling fans? Tour De France competition?
I think this sums it up well, OB.Orange Box wrote: ↑Mon Jun 22, 2026 8:34 am I don’t think there is anything more divisive than the cyclist and driver argument. And yet, as with most things in life, it’s the 1% idiots in both camps who fuel the debate. Most cyclists are aware of the issues and cause no problem. Most car drivers are respectful and show patience.
- Jaydog
- Superstar

- Posts: 21207
- Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
- Location: Here
Re: Cycling fans? Tour De France competition?
Very sad Chilli. Hopefully the culprit gets punished severely.Chilli D wrote: ↑Mon Jun 22, 2026 2:23 pm It was at a junction on the A134 at Long Melford Jay.
I've had a number of close shaves myself but thankfully haven't been knocked off.
If I can feel a motorist getting impatient behind me, I will pull over and let them pass rather than them pulling an idiot manoeuvre and either taking me out or an oncoming vehicle
My neighbour was out with a group and someone came past them in a dangerous manner so one of the group gave her the
In a country lane. She turned round and came back to try & run them over. They clambered up in to the verge to escape. Nutter
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
- Evan R
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 846
- Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2025 2:38 am
- Location: Southern Illinois
Re: Cycling fans? Tour De France competition?
Well I didn't realize this would stir up such a conversation! I think Orange Box summed it up very well- mostly it's just the small % of jerks on either end of it causing the problems. Mostly people are considerate, decent human beings.
Glad to see there are a good amount of fellow cyclists here on the MOT forum! I searched and didn't see any pre-existing threads for general cycling discussion so I was thinking to create one and then leave this one for the TDF competition. Looks like there is enough initial interest to give it a go! By my count potentially 6? Chilli, Malcolm, Finnatic, Pullhard, Clacton, and myself. Still considering how to construct the competition. Will follow up.
Glad to see there are a good amount of fellow cyclists here on the MOT forum! I searched and didn't see any pre-existing threads for general cycling discussion so I was thinking to create one and then leave this one for the TDF competition. Looks like there is enough initial interest to give it a go! By my count potentially 6? Chilli, Malcolm, Finnatic, Pullhard, Clacton, and myself. Still considering how to construct the competition. Will follow up.
- YorkshireSquare
- Administrator

- Posts: 15042
- Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 1:34 pm
- Twitter: @motforum
- Location: Leeds
- Contact:
Re: 2026 Tour de France Competition
Would be looking forward to it if it was still on ITV with the best commentary team in sport.
Alas it's on TNT now which is £30 a month.
- malcolmw
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 3715
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:20 am
- Location: Qualicum Beach, BC, Canada
Re: Cycling fans? Tour De France competition?
I'll let you know if I can find a relatively cheap way of getting it this year.Evan R wrote: ↑Mon Jun 22, 2026 5:15 am It is a really fascinating sport. Seeing them battle in the mountains and all the tactics that go into setting up a stage. Have you checked out the Netflix documentary they did for a few years back? I really enjoyed it.
That’s too bad on the coverage. Fortunately it’s included with Peacock here in the states which also gives me EPL and darts coverage as well.
- Evan R
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 846
- Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2025 2:38 am
- Location: Southern Illinois
Re: 2026 Tour de France Competition
That's too bad about all the issues many of you are having with TV coverage these days. I feel fortunate to be able to just login using my friend's Peacock account.. but even if I was paying it isn't too bad compared to what I'm seeing on here!
- Finnatic
- Superstar

- Posts: 6708
- Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:47 pm
Re: 2026 Tour de France Competition
The highlights show was on Blaze (?) or one of those channels included in Virgin or Sky packages, last year. Somebody usually shows it if you search.YorkshireSquare wrote: ↑Mon Jun 22, 2026 8:06 pm Would be looking forward to it if it was still on ITV with the best commentary team in sport.
Alas it's on TNT now which is £30 a month.
- Finnatic
- Superstar

- Posts: 6708
- Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:47 pm
Re: 2026 Tour de France Competition
Just done a search and Channel Five are showing the highlights at 7pm UK time.
That’s good for me as I can get C5 in HD and it’s free to air.
That’s good for me as I can get C5 in HD and it’s free to air.
- YorkshireSquare
- Administrator

- Posts: 15042
- Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 1:34 pm
- Twitter: @motforum
- Location: Leeds
- Contact:
Re: 2026 Tour de France Competition
Used to get it free on both ITV and Eurosport