Marcelo Bielsa

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 14820
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
Location: Lisburn, N.I

Re: Marcelo Bielsa

Post by lufc1304 »

Still miss him. Viva Marcelo!!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11786
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Marcelo Bielsa

Post by Barlow Boy »

lufc1304 wrote: ↑Fri Mar 27, 2026 12:11 pm Still miss him. Viva Marcelo!!
Me too mate.

Those days at ER, singing his name, will stay with me forever.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 14820
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
Location: Lisburn, N.I

Re: Marcelo Bielsa

Post by lufc1304 »

Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Fri Mar 27, 2026 1:48 pm Me too mate.

Those days at ER, singing his name, will stay with me forever.
I will go to the grave believing that we were blessed to have him. The football was breathtaking at times, probably the best I've seen in my almost 50 years of being a fan. But it was more than that, the man himself had an aura, something you couldn't quite put a name to. Because he believed, you believed, even when it went to rat s**t, but our belief was rewarded. In the most Leeds way, of course, we had to do it the hard way. I'm pissed, so I'm going to wrap this up. Marcelo made me fall in love with Leeds again, and I will always love him for that.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
User avatar
Clitheroe White
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1680
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:38 am

Re: Marcelo Bielsa

Post by Clitheroe White »

lufc1304 wrote: ↑Sat Mar 28, 2026 12:28 am I will go to the grave believing that we were blessed to have him. The football was breathtaking at times, probably the best I've seen in my almost 50 years of being a fan. But it was more than that, the man himself had an aura, something you couldn't quite put a name to. Because he believed, you believed, even when it went to rat s**t, but our belief was rewarded. In the most Leeds way, of course, we had to do it the hard way. I'm pissed, so I'm going to wrap this up. Marcelo made me fall in love with Leeds again, and I will always love him for that.
Well said
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155396
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Marcelo Bielsa

Post by 1964white »

Marcelo is the reason why we have no empty blue seats at ER anymore, even if its cup or friendly games.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155396
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Marcelo Bielsa

Post by 1964white »

I had the game on mute.

Was Marcelo telling Tuchel to calm down in a touchline fracas?
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11786
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Marcelo Bielsa

Post by Barlow Boy »

lufc1304 wrote: ↑Sat Mar 28, 2026 12:28 am I will go to the grave believing that we were blessed to have him. The football was breathtaking at times, probably the best I've seen in my almost 50 years of being a fan. But it was more than that, the man himself had an aura, something you couldn't quite put a name to. Because he believed, you believed, even when it went to rat s**t, but our belief was rewarded. In the most Leeds way, of course, we had to do it the hard way. I'm pissed, so I'm going to wrap this up. Marcelo made me fall in love with Leeds again, and I will always love him for that.
Lovely words mate 👏👏👏
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79119
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Marcelo Bielsa

Post by The Subhuman »

Really wish he'd signed a multi year contract though... the season he was sacked was rumoured to be his last anyway. TBH, that was his and our mistake. His football never worked better than at Leeds, we were never better as a football team

3 seasons of pure beauty... A work of art

If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor... to quote James
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
Lufcheidi
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1111
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:32 pm
Twitter: @FollowMeAndLUFC

Re: Marcelo Bielsa

Post by Lufcheidi »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Sat Mar 28, 2026 9:50 am Really wish he'd signed a multi year contract though... the season he was sacked was rumoured to be his last anyway. TBH, that was his and our mistake. His football never worked better than at Leeds, we were never better as a football team

3 seasons of pure beauty... A work of art

If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor... to quote James
I don't think it would have been his last as he would only focus on non related football matters once the season was over. In my opinion that rumour was put out to take away the uproar over his sacking.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155396
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Marcelo Bielsa

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Sat Mar 28, 2026 9:50 am Really wish he'd signed a multi year contract though... the season he was sacked was rumoured to be his last anyway. TBH, that was his and our mistake. His football never worked better than at Leeds, we were never better as a football team

3 seasons of pure beauty... A work of art

If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor... to quote James
A shame Marcelo wasn't backed when required.
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41750
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Marcelo Bielsa

Post by Cjay »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Sat Mar 28, 2026 9:50 am Really wish he'd signed a multi year contract though... the season he was sacked was rumoured to be his last anyway. TBH, that was his and our mistake. His football never worked better than at Leeds, we were never better as a football team

3 seasons of pure beauty... A work of art

If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor... to quote James
Was it ever explained why he wouldn't?

He did at Marseille and Lille (2 years).

Didn't at Bilbao

Did as National team manager.

Didn't here.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19705
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet

Re: Marcelo Bielsa

Post by weasel »

lufc1304 wrote: ↑Sat Mar 28, 2026 12:28 am I will go to the grave believing that we were blessed to have him. The football was breathtaking at times, probably the best I've seen in my almost 50 years of being a fan. But it was more than that, the man himself had an aura, something you couldn't quite put a name to. Because he believed, you believed, even when it went to rat s**t, but our belief was rewarded. In the most Leeds way, of course, we had to do it the hard way. I'm pissed, so I'm going to wrap this up. Marcelo made me fall in love with Leeds again, and I will always love him for that.
Marcelo made me fall in love with football again. I didn't bother with the likes of MoTD, and was losing interest in Leeds. Then Bielsa came in and like you say it wasn't just the football but the aura, the guy himself, his methods, his shyness, his sense of fairness, the way he made the players better people. For a while he made the fans better people until too many fans betrayed him and allowed the board to make the decision they did.

I wanted us to win promotion more for Bielsa than for myself.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
Johnsie123
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:15 pm

Re: Marcelo Bielsa

Post by Johnsie123 »

What words from Marcelo still a hero in my eyes,as other people have said even when it went wrong I wanted him to work it out and stay .I really miss the man loved all the times we had with him at ER,such a honest reliable man ,brought the players back to earth and made everything a team effort.
I miss this man I would have him back in a heart beat .
User avatar
airedale
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1455
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:25 pm
Location: Yorkshire

Re: Marcelo Bielsa

Post by airedale »

Top bloke ,we were everyone's 2nd team so exciting to watch .Now not so much :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41750
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Marcelo Bielsa

Post by Cjay »

Marcelo Bielsa has confirmed he will leave his job as Uruguay manager after the World Cup.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
Johnthewhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 2242
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:40 pm

Re: Marcelo Bielsa

Post by Johnthewhite »

Cjay wrote: ↑Fri May 22, 2026 9:11 am Marcelo Bielsa has confirmed he will leave his job as Uruguay manager after the World Cup.
Hope that's a come and get me 😂
User avatar
Irish Ian
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 17184
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:53 pm
Location: Directly above the centre of the Earth.

Re: Marcelo Bielsa

Post by Irish Ian »

Johnthewhite wrote: ↑Fri May 22, 2026 4:36 pm Hope that's a come and get me 😂
I'd hate it if he came back to the PL.

For a number of reasons he will never rejoin us that's for sure.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
User avatar
wilsdenwhite
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1478
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:35 am

Re: Marcelo Bielsa

Post by wilsdenwhite »

Would like to see him back in England for his next project. Southampton?
|||L|||E|||E|||D|||S|||
User avatar
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 22394
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Re: Marcelo Bielsa

Post by White Riot »

wilsdenwhite wrote: ↑Sat May 23, 2026 9:53 am Would like to see him back in England for his next project. Southampton?
Yeah, they need some help and Marcelo will make a great Director Of Espionage :)

MI5 are showing serious interest in recruiting MB :lol:
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79119
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Marcelo Bielsa

Post by The Subhuman »

I think his time with us has been and gone tbh... We caught lightning in a bottle for three short years and it's a huge part why we're here now.

Lets mellow in the mists when we recall his reign. For me it's up there with the Don's team and time albeit so much shorter


His Uruguay team, nowhere near as good to watch as his Leeds team. We were his masterwork, oil on canvass.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
Post Reply