Wolverhampton Wanderers v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Leeds United
Wolverhampton Wanderers
Wolverhampton Wanderers
1–3
Premier League
20/09/2025
Molineux Stadium
Leeds United
Leeds United
All-time record vs Wolverhampton Wanderers
106
Played
47
Won
23
Drawn
36
Lost
+16
GD
44%
Win %
Away record
54
Played
17
Won
13
Drawn
24
Lost
-22
GD
31%
Win %
DateGroundScoreCompetition
18/03/2023 Molineux 2–4 W Premier League ↗
09/11/2022 Molineux 1–0 L Carabao Cup, 3rd Round ↗
06/08/2022 Elland Road 2–1 W Premier League ↗
18/03/2022 Molineux 2–3 W Premier League ↗
23/10/2021 Elland Road 1–1 D Premier League ↗
All-time top scorers vs Wolverhampton Wanderers
#PlayerGoals
1 Charlie Keetley 8
2 Allan Clarke 7
3 Arthur Graham 5
4 Peter Lorimer 5
5 Mick Jones 5
Starting XI
Substitutes
22 Tanaka
24 Justin
44 Gruev
14 Nmecha
Unused Substitutes
16 Meslier
15 Bijol
45 Gray
10 Piroe
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20755
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by whiteswan »

Orange Box wrote: ↑Sat Sep 20, 2025 10:13 pm Do hope so, you must be so looking forward to meeting me :roll:
I'm rather envious of them :)
Nord VPN
Stream games in safety! Get NordVPN with up to 75% off + 3 months free
Get NordVPN →
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155290
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

GreennWhite wrote: ↑Sun Sep 21, 2025 9:33 am Very good win yesterday and just what we needed to do, take points of teams that are around the bottom of the table and those that we may well be fighting against to avoid going back down. What we now need is to go into these next 2 games before the international break and pick up another point or two. We have these next 2 games at home and what we have done very well of late, is to make ER a very hard place to come to and get points regardless of the opposition. Bournemouth and Spurs are going to be difficult games, i hope we can at the very least back up this last performance with another two good ones against better teams.
I think the start to this season has been better than most fans hoped for, still early days and still plenty of room for improvement but this league will make you suffer if you ease up.
I predicted 8 points from our first six games, so a point from the Bournemouth game would be fine for me.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155290
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: ↑Sun Sep 21, 2025 9:34 am Before the game, I thought Wolves would've had much better players than us, but now I'm not sure. Tbh I hadn't heard of most of them. I don't really see anyone and think "I wish we had him", maybe the GK or JSL at most.
How football fans differ!

I read these comments on a Wolves forum

"I haven't heard of any of those Leeds players"

"We were beaten by a poor team"

"Leeds beat us with a team of journeymen"

"Leeds will go down with us"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23139
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: ↑Sun Sep 21, 2025 9:58 am How football fans differ!

I read these comments on a Wolves forum

"I haven't heard of any of those Leeds players"

"We were beaten by a poor team"

"Leeds beat us with a team of journeymen"

"Leeds will go down with us"
I think them and West Ham have been really lucky the last couple of seasons, given that the promoted sides have been miles off the pace, it allowed them to stay up comfortably with poor players. But this season it'll be more competitive down there.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79067
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by The Subhuman »

SG90 wrote: ↑Sun Sep 21, 2025 9:34 am Before the game, I thought Wolves would've had much better players than us, but now I'm not sure. Tbh I hadn't heard of most of them. I don't really see anyone and think "I wish we had him", maybe the GK or JSL at most.
I think they're more likely to survive than not but easily the worst team we've played... They were just awful at times
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
PhoenixUnited
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2290
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:34 pm
Location: Leicester U.K

Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by PhoenixUnited »

SG90 wrote: ↑Sun Sep 21, 2025 9:34 am Before the game, I thought Wolves would've had much better players than us, but now I'm not sure. Tbh I hadn't heard of most of them. I don't really see anyone and think "I wish we had him", maybe the GK or JSL at most.
My mate is a season ticket holder at Mulelinix and says they are a selling club, have got rid of their best players and brought in cheap imports. Can't say I recognise most of that team from yesterday. They played like a bunch of strangers quickly put together (which actually they are) do not have anything resembling a cohesive team and do not have any grit and or determination. At the moment. They carry on like that and they are definitely be in the poo.

We shouldn't get too carried away as Wools were a dreadful team yesterday. Other tests will be a lot stiffer than that.
Keep The Faith MOT WAL
Never mind, it'll all come out in the wash............
SG90
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23139
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by SG90 »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Sun Sep 21, 2025 10:01 am I think they're more likely to survive than not but easily the worst team we've played... They were just awful at times
I'd be disappointed if we finished below them tbh, they're the "established" team we need to target if we want to stay up.
User avatar
Tyzy
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4215
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:09 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Tyzy »

I feel a bit left out when I didn't watch the match 😕
SG90
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23139
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: ↑Sun Sep 21, 2025 9:58 am How football fans differ!

I read these comments on a Wolves forum

"I haven't heard of any of those Leeds players"

"We were beaten by a poor team"

"Leeds beat us with a team of journeymen"

"Leeds will go down with us"
So they'd never heard of DCL or Longstaff? :duno: Even somene like Ampadu is quite well known too, I'd say
SG90
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23139
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by SG90 »

Tyzy wrote: ↑Sun Sep 21, 2025 12:23 pm I feel a bit left out when I didn't watch the match 😕
There's 30 mins highlights on Sky Sports PL at 01.30am, if you have the channel.
User avatar
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3350
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:02 am

Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by GreennWhite »

PhoenixUnited wrote: ↑Sun Sep 21, 2025 10:21 am My mate is a season ticket holder at Mulelinix and says they are a selling club, have got rid of their best players and brought in cheap imports. Can't say I recognise most of that team from yesterday. They played like a bunch of strangers quickly put together (which actually they are) do not have anything resembling a cohesive team and do not have any grit and or determination. At the moment. They carry on like that and they are definitely be in the poo.

We shouldn't get too carried away as Wools were a dreadful team yesterday. Other tests will be a lot stiffer than that.
Agree PhoenixUnited, good result but lets not get too over excited, much harder games lie ahead. When we win,enjoy the win but dont get ahead of ourselves.
When we lose, dont get too down and think we are the worst team ever.
User avatar
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3350
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:02 am

Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by GreennWhite »

SG90 wrote: ↑Sun Sep 21, 2025 9:35 am Rooney providing zero input on MOTD beyond stating the obvious :lol:
No disrespect to Rooney, but he is not a good choice for M.O.T.D. or a good pundit.
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11781
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Barlow Boy »

GreennWhite wrote: ↑Sun Sep 21, 2025 12:52 pm Agree PhoenixUnited, good result but lets not get too over excited, much harder games lie ahead. When we win,enjoy the win but dont get ahead of ourselves.
When we lose, dont get too down and think we are the worst team ever.
Oh give over, this week it’s Europe here we come.

Next week, the Championship here we come 🤣
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79067
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by The Subhuman »

SG90 wrote: ↑Sun Sep 21, 2025 10:38 am I'd be disappointed if we finished below them tbh, they're the "established" team we need to target if we want to stay up.
They won't be the same team later in the season unless their manager is really bad and they've just upped his contract I think.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
whiteinfrance
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3553
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:38 am
Location: Now Scarborough UK

Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by whiteinfrance »

SG90 wrote: ↑Sun Sep 21, 2025 12:40 pm So they'd never heard of DCL or Longstaff? :duno: Even somene like Ampadu is quite well known too, I'd say
And surely everyone knows Meslier! :oops:
YES!! I'm living in SCARBADOS!! Underneath the palm trees!
User avatar
andrewjohnsmith
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 13058
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)

Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Sun Sep 21, 2025 10:01 am I think they're more likely to survive than not but easily the worst team we've played... They were just awful at times
Everton looked worse than Wolves. We really dominated that game. In fairness to Everton though, they've figured things out and improved since we played them.
User avatar
andrewjohnsmith
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 13058
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)

Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

GreennWhite wrote: ↑Sun Sep 21, 2025 12:52 pm Agree PhoenixUnited, good result but lets not get too over excited, much harder games lie ahead. When we win,enjoy the win but dont get ahead of ourselves.
When we lose, dont get too down and think we are the worst team ever.
Reality is we just need about 10 games like that this season. And we've already had 2.
DDB220
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7075
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:17 am

Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by DDB220 »

PhoenixUnited wrote: ↑Sun Sep 21, 2025 10:21 am My mate is a season ticket holder at Mulelinix and says they are a selling club, have got rid of their best players and brought in cheap imports. Can't say I recognise most of that team from yesterday. They played like a bunch of strangers quickly put together (which actually they are) do not have anything resembling a cohesive team and do not have any grit and or determination. At the moment. They carry on like that and they are definitely be in the poo.

We shouldn't get too carried away as Wools were a dreadful team yesterday. Other tests will be a lot stiffer than that.
Everyone except the 3/4 or so top tier clubs across Europe are selling clubs. You develop a top quality player and PSG , RM, Barca etc have the pull and dough to turn the players eye. You can add the two Manchester clubs and Liverpool, but even they have lost key players to RM and Barca in recent years.

Such is the food chain. Wolves have made a lot of money in the last 5 years but their recruitment has not maintained the same level as previously. The likes of Brighton, Brentford, Bournemouth Palace etc all face the same challenges. We will no doubt fall into this group if we establish ourselves.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23139
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by SG90 »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Sun Sep 21, 2025 1:29 pm They won't be the same team later in the season unless their manager is really bad and they've just upped his contract I think.
They would just appoint another Portuguese yes man if they changed. I can't see them going for a Dyche.
User avatar
FeelsLikeThunder
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:43 pm

Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by FeelsLikeThunder »

Fantastic win, we schooled them and did something very important in terms of beating a team around us. Absolutely amazing from DF and the players.
"Side before self, every time."
Formerly known as lufcconnor
Nord VPN
Stream games in safety! Get NordVPN with up to 75% off + 3 months free
Get NordVPN →
Post Reply