DDB220 wrote: ↑Sat Sep 20, 2025 4:42 pm
So less in fact. Now if we had drawn or lost, the opportunity to mention that Farke had six points from the first 5 games at Norwich and still got relegated has unfortunately for you - a rather lead balloon feeling I would suggest.
andrewjohnsmith wrote: ↑Sat Sep 20, 2025 5:16 pm
Perri certainly has something to prove now. Not #1 by rights. He might be sitting on the bench until Darlow f's up.
Karl was excellent again today
I'll keep insisting, he has always been a very good keeper.
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Sat Sep 20, 2025 5:43 pm
Me too Got laughed at for saying many times last season (before Christmas even) that he should replace Meslier as he is a better keeper...
I admit to being wrong. I saw him as a reliable champo keeper and back up in the PL. I'd known of him for years but never saw him play much. When he'd played for Leeds it was games where he conceded goals and didn't make a real save. So there wasn't much to go on. In spite of all the mistakes (and there were many) I've seen Meslier make a lot of world class saves.
But Darlow has pulled off some really top saves in the past 2 games. And my assessment has gone up a great deal.
I hope Calvert lewin can stay fit and get sharper, he would be the difference.
Okafor while I'm not convinced he was the right signing is very much a player who could come good in a big way, injuries again have stopped that from happening before. Could be key.
Good balance, looked a bit more open defensively but a lot better going forwards..... More direct....
Added goals confidence to new players is up (all great finishes)..... Can only be a good thing knowing we can score in open play.
andrewjohnsmith wrote: ↑Sat Sep 20, 2025 5:18 pm
He baffles a bit. Great work rate. Contributes enough. But often gets stuck as he doesn't have the pace or trickery (you need one of those) for a wide man. More suited to the 10 role. But unsure if we'll have a 10 role this season.
Marcelo Bielsa saw something in Aaronson. I would have liked to see the player he might have been under the tutelage of the great one. He has regressed a bit in my view. Still useful, can do a job, but stagnant. I still remember when a LOT of people thought he would battle Christian Pulisic for a starting spot on the USMNT. Now he can barely get a call up.
BlackHillsPaul wrote: ↑Sat Sep 20, 2025 6:06 pm
Marcelo Bielsa saw something in Aaronson. I would have liked to see the player he might have been under the tutelage of the great one. He has regressed a bit in my view. Still useful, can do a job, but stagnant. I still remember when a LOT of people thought he would battle Christian Pulisic for a starting spot on the USMNT. Now he can barely get a call up.
I think MB probably envisaged BA as a type of player to be central and good at carrying the ball especially when breaking. Similar to Samu Saiz and also similar to what I feel he was looking to do with Dan James. Picking the ball up midway in our half and driving forward with it as the opposition parts like the red sea.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm
I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm
Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
I know a lot of armchair pundits were screaming about Leeds having wasted £30m on bench players during the week, but I for one was very pleased to see a competent replacement coming on when Bogle got injured, and that's no slight on Sam Byram either.
weasel wrote: ↑Sat Sep 20, 2025 6:22 pm
I think MB probably envisaged BA as a type of player to be central and good at carrying the ball especially when breaking. Similar to Samu Saiz and also similar to what I feel he was looking to do with Dan James. Picking the ball up midway in our half and driving forward with it as the opposition parts like the red sea.
Carrick Dave wrote: ↑Sat Sep 20, 2025 6:42 pm
I know a lot of armchair pundits were screaming about Leeds having wasted £30m on bench players during the week, but I for one was very pleased to see a competent replacement coming on when Bogle got injured, and that's no slight on Sam Byram either.
I don't think Byram was on the bench, don't know if injured or just Farke wanted attacking options. But yes there was no way we could have gone into the season with just Byram as full back cover. People living in some sort of unrealistic world if they thought we had enough back-up without Justin or we could buy premier league quality for less than £10m who can play either side. It is like a one legged frog thinking he could be super middleweight boxing champion (and for clarification purposes I am talking about being world champion rather than olympic champion).
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm
I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm
Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain