Please explain your rationale ?
Leeds United v Newcastle United Match Thread
-
DDB220
- Superstar

- Posts: 7069
- Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:17 am
Re: Leeds United v Newcastle United Match Day Thread
- CUSSIE01
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 9720
- Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
- Location: Where God finally got it right.
Re: Leeds United v Newcastle United Match Day Thread
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
- pjm2019
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 2705
- Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:12 pm
Re: Leeds United v Newcastle United Match Day Thread
DDB220 wrote: ↑Fri Aug 29, 2025 9:21 am Please explain your rationale ?
[/quote
a deserved win against Everton, but thrashed by Arsenal with the team looking clueless and no one played well. But 1 win and 1 loss expected but the manner of the performance was very disappointing.
Next the cup match against the U21 players of a championship side was a disgrace. So disappointed performance by a number of our new players.
So on to the Home match against Newcastle a rich team but not currently a top 6. So at the start of the season i would expect at least a draw. We have lost our captain for a few matches. If we lose 3 or 4 nil then i feel it is hard to see how we do not finish in the bottom 3.
I want a win or even a draw but will not watch the match as i have already lost faith in this team and manager. Hope they prove me wrong.
And we still need a real 20 goal a season number 9
Leeds need a great summer 2026 with outgoings and incoming players
-
DDB220
- Superstar

- Posts: 7069
- Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:17 am
- Ellandback1
- Superstar

- Posts: 11893
- Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:01 pm
- Twitter: @EllandBack1
- Location: The truth is out there
Re: Leeds United v Newcastle United Match Day Thread
49ers are big fans of Jose Mourinho
- Barlow Boy
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 11769
- Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm
Re: Leeds United v Newcastle United Match Day Thread
I honestly don’t see him pitching up for a relegation battle, but this is football
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
- Volvo Jack
- Reserve Player

- Posts: 372
- Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2024 3:03 pm
Re: Leeds United v Newcastle United Match Day Thread
Bass is Beer.
I have been to many away matches following United but I have never been to St. James Park. but have been to Newcastle once. Just a short story about my one visit to the
North East
When I lived in Beeston Leeds, I used to buy large quantity's of Clothing from various Co.s that were either clearing out for new stock or needing the space as the goods were out of code. all were brand new. One lot was Burtons shoes mens all in their individual box Marked
£22. I was selling them for £5 in lots of 50. My neighbour / friend was a Geordie and suggested I go to Newcastle open air Market by the River. Packed the Van to it's limit and my brother Peter and I set off for Newcastle. Finding the Market about 7am. the Traders were all in a line jus a few yards from the River Tyne. selling them £10 a pair and £15 for 2 pair.
we were at it all day. sold over 150 pairs and just packing up when a couple of burly sort of
lads appeared "Had a good day Lads." I said Quite good. ( Brother Peter was in the Van and squatting the money well out of sight) The bigger one then said "Are you planning on coming again next week?" I said Oh, more than likely. same Lad said " Let me tell you now that if you turn up here next week You, and him (brother) and your Fu**ing Van will go in
there"pointing to the River Tyne close by.
We were not softies but did the only sensible thing We were in the Van and off back down to Stringer
Neighbour later asked how was it and I just said O.k. but not really worth going all that way again
So tomorrow could our supporters inform the Toon army that we have a deep River Aire
ready for them if they misbehave.
I have been to many away matches following United but I have never been to St. James Park. but have been to Newcastle once. Just a short story about my one visit to the
North East
When I lived in Beeston Leeds, I used to buy large quantity's of Clothing from various Co.s that were either clearing out for new stock or needing the space as the goods were out of code. all were brand new. One lot was Burtons shoes mens all in their individual box Marked
£22. I was selling them for £5 in lots of 50. My neighbour / friend was a Geordie and suggested I go to Newcastle open air Market by the River. Packed the Van to it's limit and my brother Peter and I set off for Newcastle. Finding the Market about 7am. the Traders were all in a line jus a few yards from the River Tyne. selling them £10 a pair and £15 for 2 pair.
we were at it all day. sold over 150 pairs and just packing up when a couple of burly sort of
lads appeared "Had a good day Lads." I said Quite good. ( Brother Peter was in the Van and squatting the money well out of sight) The bigger one then said "Are you planning on coming again next week?" I said Oh, more than likely. same Lad said " Let me tell you now that if you turn up here next week You, and him (brother) and your Fu**ing Van will go in
there"pointing to the River Tyne close by.
We were not softies but did the only sensible thing We were in the Van and off back down to Stringer
Neighbour later asked how was it and I just said O.k. but not really worth going all that way again
So tomorrow could our supporters inform the Toon army that we have a deep River Aire
ready for them if they misbehave.
- Ellandback1
- Superstar

- Posts: 11893
- Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:01 pm
- Twitter: @EllandBack1
- Location: The truth is out there
Re: Leeds United v Newcastle United Match Day Thread
If I said I'll gice you 10m if you keep us up, and if we go down, its expected anyway, he has nothing to lose....Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Fri Aug 29, 2025 1:39 pm I honestly don’t see him pitching up for a relegation battle, but this is football![]()
- pjm2019
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 2705
- Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:12 pm
Re: Leeds United v Newcastle United Match Day Thread
i want us to stay up
Leeds need a great summer 2026 with outgoings and incoming players
- Orange Box
- Superstar

- Posts: 7493
- Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
- Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas
Re: Leeds United v Newcastle United Match Day Thread
Smell alone will suffocate them, it doesn’t need to be deep.Volvo Jack wrote: ↑Fri Aug 29, 2025 3:12 pm
So tomorrow could our supporters inform the Toon army that we have a deep River Aire
ready for them if they misbehave.
-
WhiteRose
- Manager

- Posts: 3693
- Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:24 pm
Re: Leeds United v Newcastle United Match Thread
Still waking up with excitement on match day, wonder how long that will last this season. If we can play better tonight even if we lose then it will at least keep the fires burning in to the international break.
- CUSSIE01
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 9720
- Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
- Location: Where God finally got it right.
Re: Leeds United v Newcastle United Match Thread
Loving these 5.30 KO’s WR, plenty of time for a few bevvies before and after the game.
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
- Barlow Boy
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 11769
- Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm
Re: Leeds United v Newcastle United Match Thread
Are you over for the game mate?
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
- Orange Box
- Superstar

- Posts: 7493
- Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
- Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas
Re: Leeds United v Newcastle United Match Day Thread
The River Aire at CASTLEFORD in the 60s, downstream from you Loiners. Thanks guys.Orange Box wrote: ↑Fri Aug 29, 2025 8:35 pm Smell alone will suffocate them, it doesn’t need to be deep.
- Orange Box
- Superstar

- Posts: 7493
- Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
- Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas
Re: Leeds United v Newcastle United Match Thread
With most of the Barcodes’ back line being well into their mid thirties and therefore very slow, we need Piroe’s electric pace to …. Sorry, I can’t finish typing due to the tears of manic laughter rolling down my face.
- CUSSIE01
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 9720
- Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
- Location: Where God finally got it right.
Re: Leeds United v Newcastle United Match Thread
Afraid not Kev, prob watch it in our local football club. Matches will be few & far between this season, tickets are a nightmare to get & the hospitality is stupid money.
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155152
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Leeds United v Newcastle United Match Thread
Yes, all the glory boys are back.
Full coach to Leeds once again from East Yorkshire. I'm hearing the Scarborough & Whitby coaches are full too.
Surely, it is far more enjoyable watching Leeds hammering the likes of the Blunts, Bristol City, Stoke, Cardiff, etc than turning up with the fear of a battering in many of our games. Personally, I loved the 2024/25 season.
- CUSSIE01
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 9720
- Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
- Location: Where God finally got it right.
Re: Leeds United v Newcastle United Match Thread
So did I 64’ but we deserve to be in the Prem & hopefully stay up. Even if we lose a good few games this season I’d rather watch us v Arse, Scum, the Pocketdippers, Spuds etc than Preston, Hull or Derby.1964white wrote: ↑Sat Aug 30, 2025 10:00 am Yes, all the glory boys are back.![]()
Full coach to Leeds once again from East Yorkshire. I'm hearing the Scarborough & Whitby coaches are full too.
Surely, it is far more enjoyable watching Leeds hammering the likes of the Blunts, Bristol City, Stoke, Cardiff, etc than turning up with the fear of a battering in many of our games. Personally, I loved the 2024/25 season.
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
- CUSSIE01
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 9720
- Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
- Location: Where God finally got it right.
Re: Leeds United v Newcastle United Match Thread
Enjoy the game Kev and anyone else lucky enough to be going
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
- Barlow Boy
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 11769
- Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm
Re: Leeds United v Newcastle United Match Thread
Cheers pal
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello