I just think it was a bad day at the office. 3rd game in 6 days, tired legs and heads.andrewjohnsmith wrote: ↑Sun Dec 01, 2024 8:29 pm It just seems to be, if we do Plan A, it will work most of the time. It was obvious that the system that worked so well against Swansea and Luton wasn't working against Blackburn. We needed a different set up against Blackburn. A Plan B? I think Farke is working on the basis that Plan A will work more often than it doesn't and will average out at 2 ppg.
Wrongly or rightly? I don't know. It didn't work last season. Although it should have gotten us promoted last season. He's made some adjustments this season. He's added players where we need them and he's been more willing to rest and rotate. Maybe it will work better this season. Our current ppg will get us to 89 points, 1 less than last season, and presumably enough to go up.
Also, the players aren't just robots executing the manager's instructions. They are mostly experienced players and should be able to adapt more than they do when plan A isn't working.
We lost on a penalty and poor finishing (again).
We don't poach enough goals - by that I mean make a few 50/50 opportunities count.





