How we all feeling?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Re: How we all feeling?

Post by lufc1304 »

Pretty relaxed, what will be will be. This has been a good, and enjoyable, season whatever the result today. I've enjoyed it so much more than than the last two, no fun being badly run and also cannon fodder for half the PL.

While I want us to win, I really really do, I don't think it will be the catastrophe others suggest if we don't. I'll still be here come August, whatever league we're in. MOT
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

lufc1304 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 1:43 pm Pretty relaxed, what will be will be. This has been a good, and enjoyable, season whatever the result today. I've enjoyed it so much more than than the last two, no fun being badly run and also cannon fodder for half the PL.

While I want us to win, I really really do, I don't think it will be the catastrophe others suggest if we don't. I'll still be here come August, whatever league we're in. MOT
Weird feeling, not sure I fancy another season in the bottom 5 of the prem, which would be likely, but hate to lose any game and the trophy would be great.... so really conflicted
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

The Subhuman wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 3:08 pm Weird feeling, not sure I fancy another season in the bottom 5 of the prem, which would be likely, but hate to lose any game and the trophy would be great.... so really conflicted
I’m exactly the same
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

s**t .
But not surprised in the slightest , play off history is abysmal and remains abysmal, so totally expected. Doesn't make it feel any better though and though given the start of this season , the traitorous, cannot be arsed want away players that disrupted everything so month for their own selfish ends , Farke made the most of a bad hand he was dealt , I still feel it's failure right now and if he isn't here next season ....right now I am not bothered, he isn't a game changer, when things go wrong he isn't one to turn things around, this is his level , Championship . That's how I feel right now , maybe knee jerk .
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Quire calm to be honest.

I can't say the same for many of the lads & lassies on our journey home back to East Yorkshire.
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

s**t about the result and the performance, it was Southamptons strategy to look for a mistake and vs Leeds it’s always likely we give at least one gift per game. God willing Farke is here next season and it works out like Bielsa’s second season.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

After Bielsa lost his playoff run I was very confident he'd get it right the following season. Not getting that vibe from Farke.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Gutted for the 36,000 Leeds fans who made the journey to Wembley. Not so much for the result but the performance and the fact they didn't get to celebrate a goal.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Lufc76Cor
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Lufc76Cor »

Feel like absolute crap, was confident up until yesterday and then Scum and Celtic won the cups so just knew that bad run would continue through to today
Lorimer46
First Team
First Team
Twitter: @dsc67

Post by Lorimer46 »

Feeling pretty Meh , it's been a season that's kind of peeterd out both north and south of the border , I was kind of optimistic that Leeds might bring some cheer today , but as soon as they scored I had the feeling of impeding doom that it was going to be our day. , I guess that there's always next year for both my teams , I'm an eternal optimist, things can only get better and the only way is up
" The best laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft agley "
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

The Subhuman wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:40 pm After Bielsa lost his playoff run I was very confident he'd get it right the following season. Not getting that vibe from Farke.
That was Bielsa's first season in English football, and we had been out of the Prem for a long time, and had players here who had come up short in previous seasons.

Farke knows the Championship well and has succeeded twice in achieving promotion. He had a good enough squad at his disposal, but we came up short, so why is that?

If people wanna use the excuse about last summer I don't really buy it as we had put ourselves in position to achieve the autos

Also, bear in mind that this summer is also gonna be disrupted too. The loanees coming back, some quality players leaving, debts to pay, etc. No guarantee we'll sell Jimmy or others quickly as clubs know we need money and can wait and drive a hard bargain.

Who else is gonna want Aaronson, Kristensen, Bamford, etc, they will all be on big wages for this level.

Lots of things to resolve, so I don't think it's gonna be calm waters, any more than last summer was
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

White Riot wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:35 pm That was Bielsa's first season in English football, and we had been out of the Prem for a long time, and had players here who had come up short in previous seasons.

Farke knows the Championship well and has succeeded twice in achieving promotion. He had a good enough squad at his disposal, but we came up short, so why is that?

If people wanna use the excuse about last summer I don't really buy it as we had put ourselves in position to achieve the autos

Also, bear in mind that this summer is also gonna be disrupted too. The loanees coming back, some quality players leaving, debts to pay, etc. No guarantee we'll sell Jimmy or others quickly as clubs know we need money and can wait and drive a hard bargain.

Who else is gonna want Aaronson, Kristensen, Bamford, etc, they will all be on big wages for this level.

Lots of things to resolve, so I don't think it's gonna be calm waters, any more than last summer was
Yes agree with all of that, especially player sales may not come as quick as we want if at all, there's the Euros too which tends to hold up teams off season work.. Guess we won't start work until late July anyway.

I guess we may re-up Byram and Shackleton though neither have been reliable in terms of availability ..
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

Like a few others I am relieved that we (hopefully) won't be in a relegation fight all next season and that we (hopefully) will win most of our games again next season.
From a competitive perspective, until someone comes along and ploughs crazy money into the club we are better off in the Championship.
Leighton
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Leighton »

Chilli D wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:42 pm Gutted for the 36,000 Leeds fans who made the journey to Wembley. Not so much for the result but the performance and the fact they didn't get to celebrate a goal.
There were plenty more than 36000 who came down I think

I'm feeling philosophical about it

On the positive side we get ankther season of mostly wins (hopefully obvs)

On the other side if we go up next season it will be a lot harder to stay up
Leighton
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Leighton »

BobHirst wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 8:53 pm Like a few others I am relieved that we (hopefully) won't be in a relegation fight all next season and that we (hopefully) will win most of our games again next season.
From a competitive perspective, until someone comes along and ploughs crazy money into the club we are better off in the Championship.
Need to get the stadium done either way for me
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Happy I'm more calm than the majority of our fans on here.

We're going up as champions next season. :-D
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

The curse of Orta still remains . Those players he got in who couldn't be arses to help the club out of the more they partly created due to lack of effort or skill or whatever, successive poor manager / coaches , how many of those players might be back ? This season was partly hampered at the beginning due to the confusion and atmosphere, not knowing exactly who might actually be playing for the side so the season was already 5 or 6 games in and no one really knew what was going on . I guess Farke did well to get 90 points after all that , though I still question also his own management and tactics too . Hopefully a settled pre season and transfer window , a few will go of course , but maybe some more sense from the 49ers as the idiot isn't at the club any more...Orta , the second worst thing ever to happen at Elland Road, after Bates.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

White Riot wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:35 pm That was Bielsa's first season in English football, and we had been out of the Prem for a long time, and had players here who had come up short in previous seasons.

Some very good points there, mate. My one hope is that whatever business we do, we do it sooner rather than later. Another disruptive pre season will not bode well imo. I’m sure the reason the likes of Kamara dropped off the boil was down to lack of preparation.

I have my doubts about Farke, I don’t think he’s a touchline tactician, but I want to see Leeds get off the manager merry go round which has blighted us in recent years. He has a season to prove himself, for me.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.