Should he stay or should he go?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Should he stay or should he go?

Yes, needs to go
20%
No, great season considering the issues
67%
Not bothered either way
13%

Total votes: 70

YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Re: Should he stay or should he go?

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Cjay wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 4:54 pm Does anyone think he's managed the squad well?

Rodon and Ampadu have done well at the back but we have missed the option of Ampadu in midfield. Having Cresswell as an option would have allowed us to push Ampadu forward more often, secure things in midfield.

Often we've needed something different up front. Gelhardt and Joseph are the options but you can't throw them in after 5/10 minutes here or there. That said, the only time Joseph did start, he impressed!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:11 pm Rodon and Ampadu have done well at the back but we have missed the option of Ampadu in midfield. Having Cresswell as an option would have allowed us to push Ampadu forward more often, secure things in midfield.

Often we've needed something different up front. Gelhardt and Joseph are the options but you can't throw them in after 5/10 minutes here or there. That said, the only time Joseph did start, he impressed!
Cresswell is a RCB, I know a lot of fans think that doesn't matter but it absolutely does. There are CB's that can play both positions but they're as rare as rocking horse s**t. left sided CB's are very rare, we're lucky to have Struijk

RCB's are easy to find

Point being I don't think Rodon can play left well... and CC almost certainly not.
Last edited by The Subhuman on Sun May 26, 2024 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Jaydog wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:09 pm Ok give me names 😁
He won't be sacked no point :)

But put it this way

We'd have never appointed Bielsa or Kompany or Mckenna or Nuno or Silva or Xisco or Bilic or Parker.

All managers who won promotion very recently but had 0 Championship experience before appointment
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Stay 100%
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

danhirons wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:10 pm Where's your source that we hired farke based on allardyce's guidance?
Allardyce said on his podcast he'd given advice.

He and Kinnear are thick as thieves.

And Championship experience being needed is a very old school mentality it's not a stretch ?
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Could make the argument he's done it twice, unlikely to do it a third time. But I won't make that argument
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

He should go, but I don't think he will. Unfortunately we will waste the first ten games of the season and be miles behind. He's failed tbh. 2 of the relegated 3 went back up . I feel it's his tactics and decision making, rather than personnel, that's cost us.

Using the same players to death
No subs till 75th min
Freezing out young talent
One tactic and no plan b

I would've kept Allardyce, as I think he'd have got us up. We need an experienced manager who can handle the pressure, ie like Bielsa. I'd try for Moyes.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

So what good we'll achieve by changing our coach, we've been down this road to no avail previously.

We're going up as champions next season.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Barlow Boy wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:17 pm Stay 100%
How was being there Kev?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:19 pm So what good we'll achieve by changing our coach, we've been down this road to no avail previously.

Are you guaranteeing that?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

"The issues" in the summer didn't have anything to do with not beating Watford in March when we were 2nd.

Or Sunderland when we were 2nd.

Or the poor December form.

Anyway 7 points from our last 8 is what did us.
Last edited by Cjay on Sun May 26, 2024 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:19 pm So what good we'll achieve by changing our coach, we've been down this road to no avail previously.

How was Wembley Leon? Actually being there...
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

I just instantly burst into song reading the title. And the song convinced me he should stay. He gets 10 games to get us off to a flyer. I think we all know that.
Last edited by Leeds1000 on Sun May 26, 2024 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pubrunner
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Pubrunner »

I think Farke should stay.

I'm not unhappy at being in the Championship for another year, I think it might benefit us, as it'll show us the players who want to play for us and those who don't (I reckon Archie will stay).

If players decide that they can't face another year with us in the Championship, sell them on ! As Billy Bremner said, "side before self".

Next year, I'd like us to play Joseph and Gelhardt - neither has really been given much of a chance - same goes for Cresswell.

When we are on form, we're a great and exciting team to watch; problem is though, when teams suss us out and prepare well against us, we don't seem to have a Plan B.

Oh yes, we need to offer MUCH more of a threat at corners and set pieces - something to practise for next season.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 4:50 pm Genuine question though. People keep going on about this being one of the best Championship sides ever. Is it really that good in terms of individual quality and depth?
We have/had a good side if everyone played at their best. Unfortunately we have too many that are great on their day but are 3s or 9s out of 10 rather than consistently 7 or 8.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

He'll 95% stays, he needs to have us top 3 and in touch by Christmas or better irrespective of the off season or I think he might go then. Personally I don't think he's good enough to get us up tbh and the further removed you are the harder it gets..

Going to be a very interesting off season
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

weasel wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:32 pm We have/had a good side if everyone played at their best. Unfortunately we have too many that are great on their day but are 3s or 9s out of 10 rather than consistently 7 or 8.
That's a Championship squad.

Consistent 7 or 8s play at the highest level.

Farke is a bang average Championship manager said it all along.

The opinion of him is very different outside of some of our fanbase
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:23 pm Are you guaranteeing that?
You can't guarantee anything in life apart from life & death, mate.

Farke's assembled squad built in a matter of two or three weeks after the season had started was littered with flaws & limitations. I'm sure we'll be looking to rectify the problems & build a more balanced team.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:32 pm We have/had a good side if everyone played at their best. Unfortunately we have too many that are great on their day but are 3s or 9s out of 10 rather than consistently 7 or 8.
Indeed Weasel 👍

Our squad has flaws & limitations.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:55 pm Indeed Weasel 👍

Our squad has flaws & limitations.
But that's literally what a Championship squad is.

Bielsa had a limited squad, Mckenna had a limited squad.

The manager is meant to make the difference.

Farke doesn't.
Signed

King Cjay