Leeds United v Southampton - Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds United v Southampton - Match Thread

Post by JoeDenver »

BobHirst wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 4:12 pm They took their one good chance (gifted by s**t defending) and we hit the crossbar, which could've gone in.
Not much between the sides and whoever went up would be down again next season. At least we should be near the top next season and not losing most weeks and fighting relegation all season.
Trust me, the book is out on how to get results against Leeds (low block and score from your few chances). Also, we won’t have the same squad quality that we did this year. Next year looks like playoffs unless we discover gold in the transfer market. Otherwise, Farke is really going to have to dig deep to get this team over the line.
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

The Subhuman wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 4:25 pm I'd imagine FFP comes into play, we're likely to lose a lot of money on the Marsch signings and selling Cry and Willy will hopefully cover that. I'd be surprised if we spend much unless we can move the likes of Aaronson and Roca for good money.

We could lose Gray too. Maybe Geo and the rebuild would need to be much bigger than last season as we don't look like bringing any of the 21's through

I like Piroe, good player, but I don't think he suits us at all.... so wouldn't be unhappy to see him sold
Aaronson and Roca will be loaned out again, as will Harrison, Woeber etc.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

SG90 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 4:30 pm Aaronson and Roca will be loaned out again, as will Harrison, Woeber etc.
I think Aaronsson may prove difficult to loan out. Not sure if a club would be willing to cover his wages.

Possible saga in the making. We could afford to take a loss on him if we went up - not so sure that is the case now.
Clitheroe White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clitheroe White »

BobHirst wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 4:18 pm I guess this is probably goodbye to Summerville, Rodon and maybe Rutter and Gnonto.
I wouldn’t be surprised if rodon signs and Rutter stays.

Summerville and Gnonto. They will both go.
Clitheroe White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clitheroe White »

WhiteRose wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 4:20 pm Such a s**t game to decide a season. But I support Leeds and as long as I get to watch them every week I couldn’t give a s**t what league we are in!
Love that WR!!
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Jaydog wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 4:19 pm IMG_9218.jpeg

Wife’s homemade hat can f**k off.
She won’t be going on The Sewing Bee 😂
Oh Jay, that made me laugh. Your poor wife
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

BradWhite wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 4:20 pm That means we won't be getting any transfer money for Jack Harrison, he'll run his contract out and leave for free.

I half expect a big side coming in for Archie.
Archie not going anywhere
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

WhiteRose wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 4:20 pm Such a s**t game to decide a season. But I support Leeds and as long as I get to watch them every week I couldn’t give a s**t what league we are in!
That's the spirit WR :scar1
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Clitheroe White wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 4:42 pm Love that WR!!
How I feel, would of been delighted to win today but I don’t think the feeling of following Leeds is diminished by the division we are in - from league one to the prem, when we win it feels the same. MOT
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

whiteswan wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 4:48 pm Oh Jay, that made me laugh. Your poor wife
Was supposed to bring us luck
Silly cow 😂
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

whiteswan wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 4:49 pm Archie not going anywhere
Depends how much we are offered, we now have FFP to balance.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Clitheroe White wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 4:40 pm I wouldn’t be surprised if rodon signs and Rutter stays.

Summerville and Gnonto. They will both go.
Not sure we can afford to let Geo go. We're not getting 20M for him atm. I agree re Cry and willy, I think they'll go but their stock has taken a bit of a hit.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'm ok being in the Championship, it's our level over the last 44 years, since the dying of the Don's legendary side. But I don't like losing when a trophy is on the line, or losing at all.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

Troy Deeney spot on with his analysis of Leeds’ performance imo
hector

Post by hector »

locking this shortly