Scottish Football Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Scottish Football Thread

Post by 1964white »

Orange Box wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 12:11 pm Careful, you’re speaking Scots, it’s catching!
Yes OB :-D

‘Aye’ is used in Scotland and found in Scottish Gaelic and in the Irish language, Ulster.

‘Aye’ is used in most parts of Northern England and in Cornwall more so then else where. With the Yorkshire and Geordie accents.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

1964white wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 1:03 pm Yes OB :-D

‘Aye’ is used in Scotland and found in Scottish Gaelic and in the Irish language, Ulster.

‘Aye’ is used in most parts of Northern England and in Cornwall more so then else where. With the Yorkshire and Geordie accents.
aye, tha's reet
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Orange Box wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 12:11 pm Careful, you’re speaking Scots, it’s catching!
Aye is Yorkshire I tell thee
It's only Scottish if it has Och before it, and The noo ya wee f**king baaarstard after it :tup:
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Celtic emphatically sealed a 12th Scottish Premiership title in 13 seasons by dismantling Kilmarnock in arguably their finest display of the season.

Brendan Rodgers' side travelled to Rugby Park, where they had lost on their previous two visits, knowing a point in their penultimate league fixture would extend their top-flight dominance.

In a performance packed with the urgency and intensity Rodgers craves, two goals inside the opening 12 minutes eliminated any fears of a third straight defeat in Ayrshire.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

mentalcase wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 7:42 pm Aye is Yorkshire I tell thee
It's only Scottish if it has Och before it, and The noo ya wee f**king baaarstard after it :tup:
When I’m wrong, I’m wrong. And you’re right, I’m wrong.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

1964white wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 5:48 am
I think it’s time to lock this thread right now.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Stranraer maintained their SFL status with an extra time victory over East Kilbride. My local club, they would have gone out of business had they lost. Stranraer, Scotlands third oldest club, as a geographical outpost would have found it impossible to continue, every away game meaning a minimum 200 mile round trip. Some games are 400 miles plus, meaning travel is really expensive for a club with a core support of 250 season ticket holders.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Orange Box wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 7:36 pm Stranraer maintained their SFL status with an extra time victory over East Kilbride. My local club, they would have gone out of business had they lost. Stranraer, Scotlands third oldest club, as a geographical outpost would have found it impossible to continue, every away game meaning a minimum 200 mile round trip. Some games are 400 miles plus, meaning travel is really expensive for a club with a core support of 250 season ticket holders.
Wow!

You must be on cloud nine, OB.
Lorimer46
First Team
First Team
Twitter: @dsc67

Post by Lorimer46 »

Orange Box wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 7:36 pm Stranraer maintained their SFL status with an extra time victory over East Kilbride. My local club, they would have gone out of business had they lost. Stranraer, Scotlands third oldest club, as a geographical outpost would have found it impossible to continue, every away game meaning a minimum 200 mile round trip. Some games are 400 miles plus, meaning travel is really expensive for a club with a core support of 250 season ticket holders.
Really pleased to see them stay up , they've had it tough over the last few seasons, hopefully this will be a bit of a warning and they'll kick on next season maybe be able to attract a bit of new investment from someone
" The best laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft agley "
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Celtic are crowned champions.

Screenshot 2024-05-19 08.24.50.png
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Lorimer46 wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 5:32 am Really pleased to see them stay up , they've had it tough over the last few seasons, hopefully this will be a bit of a warning and they'll kick on next season maybe be able to attract a bit of new investment from someone
It’s going to be difficult forever I’m afraid, the whole county (Wigtownshire) has a population of only 28,000.: 40% over 60. Their sponsor, Stena, is the longest running sponsor in UK football, so you can imagine that won’t be very lucrative - pre-season friendlies in NI are cheap though 😁
Lorimer46
First Team
First Team
Twitter: @dsc67

Post by Lorimer46 »

Orange Box wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 7:40 am It’s going to be difficult forever I’m afraid, the whole county (Wigtownshire) has a population of only 28,000.: 40% over 60. Their sponsor, Stena, is the longest running sponsor in UK football, so you can imagine that won’t be very lucrative - pre-season friendlies in NI are cheap though 😁
Yeah , QoS went the same way , they were doing ok until the cash dried up,There's a lot more money in the Junior set up but some of those teams aren't interested in moving up and becoming full members of the SFA , Talbot up in Ayrshire are a perfect example of this
" The best laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft agley "
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Nothing doing, just another boring Saturday afternoon.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Orange Box wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 5:22 pm Nothing doing, just another boring Saturday afternoon.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Celtic completed a league and cup double as Adam Idah's dramatic 90th-minute winner downed rivals Rangers and won the Scottish Cup.

Screenshot 2024-05-25 18.55.33.png
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Second leg today, Raith headed north to Dingwall to try to wrestle back a 2-1 deficit to Ross County... RC probably deserved their win in the first leg, thought the pen decision very unlucky on Raith though. Don't think it was deliberate
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

1964white wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 7:25 am Celtic are crowned champions.

Screenshot 2024-05-19 08.24.50.png
They think the PL is becoming boring with Citeh. Just imagine a League where One team has won the Title 11 times out of 12 seasons and Two teams only for the last 40 years.

The wealthy City of Edinburgh hang your heads in shame.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Leeds1000 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 10:07 am They think the PL is becoming boring with Citeh. Just imagine a League where One team has won the Title 11 times out of 12 seasons and Two teams only for the last 40 years.

The wealthy City of Edinburgh hang your heads in shame.
Surrey is very very wealthy ..... Our biggest team is Woking
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Well Raith fell apart ....5-1 down on aggregate