Wilfried Gnonto

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Wilfried Gnonto

Post by Kennyb41 »

If he stays fit, i see him playing the last 3, and he could just be the key to exploit Bamfords movement.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:59 pm If he stays fit, i see him playing the last 3, and he could just be the key to exploit Bamfords movement.
I would play Gnonto just behind Bamford
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

In Farke we trust...
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Not sure we can call Carvalho a championship player.. nor Callum Doyle, nor Fatawu, nor Patino, None are owned by championship clubs
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Ben Scooby lufc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Ben Scooby lufc »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:30 pm You can't fault Dan James at all this year. His performances. His goals. The way he terrorizes championship defenses with his pace. HIs work ethic.

And you can fault Gnonto for his behaviour earlier in the season. But Gnonto is just of another quality. Already an Italy international when we signed him. We saw it in bits last season. He's probably the best player we have. Since his head is in the right place now and he's enjoying himself, I agree. You can't leave him out.

In fact a couple of weeks ago when we played 4 in 10, I would have liked to have seen both James and Gnonto, with Summerville resting for one of those games.
Its a real shame that Gnonto didn't get much game time this season. I totally agree with you that he's a decent player in fact he'd also make it in the premier league there's no doubting that.
He scores rockets from out of nowhere! :fire: :fire: When we are lacking the goals from right up front he's got what it takes to change the entire game. I actually think that playing him and Somerville in the same line-up creates a nightmare for the opposition.
Hopefully if we do win promotion they will both stay and play an integral part in our first season back. ;-)
;-) Yeboah against Liverpool :!: :!: Crossbar and in. :love: :love:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Ben Scooby lufc wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 10:15 am Its a real shame that Gnonto didn't get much game time this season. I totally agree with you that he's a decent player in fact he'd also make it in the premier league there's no doubting that.
He scores rockets from out of nowhere! :fire: :fire: When we are lacking the goals from right up front he's got what it takes to change the entire game. I actually think that playing him and Somerville in the same line-up creates a nightmare for the opposition.
Hopefully if we do win promotion they will both stay and play an integral part in our first season back. ;-)
Heavily involved in two of the goals v Norwich and also got two shots on target irrespective of outcome.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 2:54 am Willy looking cool at #2 8-)

Source: https://tmssl.akamaized.net/images/foto ... 1716477393
Not keen on those market values, ash 😬