Patrick Bamford- Will miss playoff final

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
mentalcase

Re: Patrick Bamford- Will miss playoff semi final

Post by mentalcase »

Isn't it 12 months since bamford missed a penalty at home to Newcastle !!
Cost us a place in the PL that, just saying like.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

Whether Bamford is playing or not it will make no difference, it's not like he's a game changer. Those playing need to step up and give everything they've got for this club.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 12:52 pm Try and keep up the league replaced the ball boys with cones right around the time of the International break.

Come to think of it that is when we turned to jelly...

More evidence of BIG FOOTBALL being down on the Yorkshire oiks in prefernce too the boutique clubs in the south ;-)
I know about the cones, we went too far by using a couple in the midfield.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

mentalcase wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 7:36 pm Isn't it 12 months since bamford missed a penalty at home to Newcastle !!
Cost us a place in the PL that, just saying like.
The main thing is you don’t hold a grudge.
hector

Post by hector »

DDB220 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 9:34 am The main thing is you don’t hold a grudge.
:rol: :rol: :rol:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Whatever happens on Sunday we need to move Paddy on.

He's just not reliable enough to justify his high earner status.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Not a massive miss tbh.
We have more than enough still available to win this game.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Prisoner37
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Prisoner37 »

Cjay wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:24 pm Whatever happens on Sunday we need to move Paddy on.

Paddy has played his last game for Leeds United. This comes from a very reliable source.
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team

Post by Sean_Nile »

Chilli D wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:32 pm Not a massive miss tbh.
We have more than enough still available to win this game.
But if he doesn't play. who can we blame if we loose?
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

Prisoner37 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:19 pm Paddy has played his last game for Leeds United. This comes from a very reliable source.
If he was fit he'd be playing on Sunday over Piroe, Farke loves him and he will keep him on the payroll specially if we don't go up.

I think he'll be gone if we get promoted.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Cjay wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:24 pm Whatever happens on Sunday we need to move Paddy on.

We should have cashed in after that first season in the Prem, when his stock was at it's highest.

Overstayed his welcome for me along with a few others 8-)
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Prisoner37 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:19 pm Paddy has played his last game for Leeds United. This comes from a very reliable source.
:pop: Get the flags out :)

Three years too late :lol:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

BradWhite wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 3:08 pm If he was fit he'd be playing on Sunday over Piroe, Farke loves him and he will keep him on the payroll specially if we don't go up.

I think he'll be gone if we get promoted.
It's amazing how many of our coaches have put faith in him, and that's been a contributor to them all losing their jobs.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Patrick Bamford- Will miss playoff final

Post by Irish Ian »

Well seeing SHs achillies heel is their defence being pressurised and seeing that Bamford is our best player for doing that I'd say not having him available is a big plus for the opposition.

Two losses to SH with our forward line not being able to get a grip of the game and the common denominator was no Bamford to do all the good things he does.

Piroe wont be up to it so let's see if our midfield can cope with being run and played through this Sunday.

So yes go ahead and celebrate.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Irish Ian wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 4:11 pm Well seeing SHs achillies heel is their defence being pressurised and seeing that Bamford is our best player for doing that I'd say not having him available is a big plus for the opposition.

Two losses to SH with our forward line not being able to get a grip of the game and the common denominator was no Bamford to do all the good things he does.

Piroe wont be up to it so let's see if our midfield can cope with being run and played through this Sunday.

If we were playing 4-2-3-1 on Sunday without PB, i'd be concerned, especially if Piroe was the 1.

PB's injury i'm hoping is a blessing in disguise that has forced DF to find a more positive attacking force using a 2 pronged Rutter/Piroe joined by Summerville and Gnonto as soon as they can in a more rapid attack, like a 2-4-4, 3-3-4, i feel i saw some of this v Soton and most definitely v Norwich.

But if DF takes this 4-2-3-1 rigid using Piroe on Sunday like he does PB, we are fcked. If he's tinkered with it like i hope he has above, we might be just fine.

I too think PB has now played his last game for us, thank the Lord, his barndoors and his broken biscuit injuries record attitude as haunted me since his first month here, but i do thank him for his Bert years where i thought he was brilliant.

Yet another Bert brought the best out of, and he totally found PB's best game, he'll be another that thanks Bert for his best years where he played his best football.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Irish Ian wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 4:11 pm Well seeing SHs achillies heel is their defence being pressurised and seeing that Bamford is our best player for doing that I'd say not having him available is a big plus for the opposition.

Haven't all our best performances been without him though?

Ipswich, Leicester and Norwich?

Our problems vs Southampton wouldn't have been fixed by Bamford in the last 2 games imo, the issues were much bigger than that.

So if DF gets his tactics right and our team shows the form they did in the aforementioned games we have every chance.
Signed

King Cjay

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Cjay wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:23 pm Haven't all our best performances been without him though?

Ipswich, Leicester and Norwich?

Our problems vs Southampton wouldn't have been fixed by Bamford in the last 2 games imo, the issues were much bigger than that.

So if DF gets his tactics right and our team shows the form they did in the aforementioned games we have every chance.

All I am saying is that his attributes are perfect for playing SH who hate being pressed. Plus he knows all the trciks and knows how to harry defenders and keep them busy and prevent them from building from the back. For some to celebrate his unavialability is imo silly.

Plus he has the nous to sneak a goal out of nothing, recall how awful we were away to the Wendies until he popped up with a goal out of nothing. Him and Firpo seem to have an understanding.

Piroe might be fine but he does have the habit of going missing, at least Bamford runs his arse off.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Irish Ian wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 8:26 pm All I am saying is that his attributes are perfect for playing SH who hate being pressed. Plus he knows all the trciks and knows how to harry defenders and keep them busy and prevent them from building from the back. For some to celebrate his unavialability is imo silly.

Plus he has the nous to sneak a goal out of nothing, recall how awful we were away to the Wendies until he popped up with a goal out of nothing. Him and Firpo seem to have an understanding.

Piroe might be fine but he does have the habit of going missing, at least Bamford runs his arse off.
I agree Bamford is better at the pressing stuff, but I think a lot of it is running for the sake of it, it's rare he actually wins the ball back.

And I will die on the hill as a footballer Piroe is better.

We tried Georgie up front both times we played them and he runs as much if not more than Bamford but it made no difference.

DF has set us up wrong both games and if he does it again the end result will be the same.

A fit Paddy would be nice as a bench option (you can't drop Piroe after Norwich imo and he was our best player last time we played Southampton).

But he's hardly been fit for 3 years so if DF can't find a way to beat Southampton without him then doesn't say much for him.

I think for most people it isn't celebrating him not being fit because as you say that would be silly, especially as Adams and Stewart are fit for Southampton and they are top strikers at this level.

It's more exasperation, we've been here so many times it shouldn't matter anymore.

Wishing Paddy was fit.

On a wider picture how much longer do we have one of our top earners as Paddy is missing 10,15 games a season.

Comes a point where they can't justify it surely?
Signed

King Cjay

whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Me too Ian. Having him as an option is better than not I feel. I don't want to lose any of our players to injury at this point.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I think we knew Paddy was unlikely to make the final ...I've seen season over reported a few times a couple of weeks ago.. Mateo is as good, probably better, if needed
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"