World Darts Tournie - Luke Humphries

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: World Darts Tournie - Luke Humphries

Post by Jaydog »

whiteswan wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:48 pm Must be something to do with all those pizzas he eats!
He needs to change his ways if he wants to be around in years to come. Very porky.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Jaydog wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:51 pm He’s different class Swannie. Kid is only 17 and he totally has Humphries number. He’ll dominate the sport for years to come.
He's a nice down to earth lad as well Jay. Good luck to him. I thought our Leeds Luke spoke very well about him after the game.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Jaydog wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:51 pm He’s different class Swannie. Kid is only 17 and he totally has Humphries number. He’ll dominate the sport for years to come.
Unbelievable level of scoring last night.
I think Humphries had an average of something like 102 and still lost.
I think the Littler v Humphries rivalry will be up there with the Taylor v Van Barneveld one.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

whiteswan wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:23 pm He's a nice down to earth lad as well Jay. Good luck to him. I thought our Leeds Luke spoke very well about him after the game.
Yeah it has been great to see how all the players in the premier league darts have been so friendly with each other. So much better than watching the ridiculous antics of boxers etc being d*cks to each other.. The Fury nonsense completely turned me against him for the last fight.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Chilli D wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 6:45 am Unbelievable level of scoring last night.
I think Humphries had an average of something like 102 and still lost.
I think the Littler v Humphries rivalry will be up there with the Taylor v Van Barneveld one.
He’s the Tiger Woods of darts. He just ups it at will when he needs to.
I wonder if Humphries is just a bit too friendly though.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Jaydog wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:13 am He’s the Tiger Woods of darts. He just ups it at will when he needs to.
I wonder if Humphries is just a bit too friendly though.
I don't think so. It is such a fine line with darts and doubles. Both score heavily but on one night a couple of missed doubles darts can be the difference, especially with the premier league format. In the world final Littler had a shot at a double which would have put him clear, he missed it and Humphries capitalised and won the next few legs. That one dart in the middle of the match was probably the difference between winning and losing.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

weasel wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:58 am I don't think so. It is such a fine line with darts and doubles. Both score heavily but on one night a couple of missed doubles darts can be the difference, especially with the premier league format. In the world final Littler had a shot at a double which would have put him clear, he missed it and Humphries capitalised and won the next few legs. That one dart in the middle of the match was probably the difference between winning and losing.
The lad is 17 going on 32 mentally.
Reminds me very much of Woods with his temperament and self belief. When Woods was that age he didn’t believe anyone could beat him. Littler is the same.
And he’s nowhere near his ceiling and Humpo will be left in his wake imo.
17!!! Mad.
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

Just thrown a 9 darter!

Unfortunately it was a 301 game. :oops: