The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 23rd May) - I hope to God they get through – Viduka Exclusive

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 23rd May) - I hope to God they get through – Viduka Exclusive

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:50 am I did mean this year.

I still have two more holidays to come during the summer months :-D

Amazing how much money I save not going to all the away matches. Even Wembley is going to be relatively cheap for me being an old codger!!!!
:tup:
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 23rd May) - I hope to God they get through – Viduka Exclusive

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:45 am Firpo is actually a decent defender, especially if he asked to do that job, he can and does get turned but so do Gray and Rodon. Firpo maybe doesn't have their recovery time though, he's not as quick as the formerly mentioned pair.
Agree, Firpo is a definite starter for me, he links up so well with Summerville too.

Are there better alternatives? the answer is no!
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:53 am Agree, Firpo is a definite starter for me, he links up so well with Summerville too.

Are there better alternatives? the answer is no!
He doesn't waste the ball in the final third either.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:54 am He doesn't waste the ball in the final third either.
A very tidy & effective wing-back going forward.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Ellandback1 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 10:55 am Byram is right footed, so would be playing as an inverted left back (if on the left side) which could (might) imbalance the team. Firpo, for all his weaknesses never gives the ball away cheaply in the final third, and plays intelligent balls.
I find it hard to agree with that, mainly because i'm right footed but was better at LB than RB.
Going back to your reasoning about imbalance, i can't say i've noticed anything of note when he's played LB for us prior to Firpo being fit at the start of the season.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Kennyb41 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 2:12 pm I find it hard to agree with that, mainly because i'm right footed but was better at LB than RB.
Going back to your reasoning about imbalance, i can't say i've noticed anything of note when he's played LB for us prior to Firpo being fit at the start of the season.
Are you free on Sunday? :)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Ellandback1 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 2:34 pm Are you free on Sunday? :)
I lied actually, i was feckin good all across the back 4, and if i hadn't found out what my dick was for, and got introduced to drinking all weekends - Would've made a crackin KP role in the modern game, had i been around playing today, jeez that role was made for me, but wasn't around then.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

1964white wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:50 am I did mean this year.

I still have two more holidays to come during the summer months :-D

Amazing how much money I save not going to all the away matches. Even Wembley is going to be relatively cheap for me being an old codger!!!!
Do you dodge under the barriers?? :roflmao:
Allez les Blancs , Les Paons
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Kennyb41 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 2:53 pm I lied actually, i was feckin good all across the back 4, and if i hadn't found out what my dick was for, and got introduced to drinking all weekends - Would've made a crackin KP role in the modern game, had i been around playing today, jeez that role was made for me, but wasn't around then.
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

whiteinfrance wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 3:07 pm Do you dodge under the barriers?? :roflmao:
Him n Eddie in the h/t show ?

;@)
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

1964white wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 10:42 am I've only been to Southwold for a week, plus playing bowls & taking long walks in my shorts, I'm brown already & we are not even in the summer months yet. :-D
I avoid more than moderate exposure to the sun. When I was a young and naive squaddie returning from the Falklands I laid out on the helicopter deck for hours as we approached the Ascension islands. No protection etc I became a walking blister and suffered various degrees of skin issues relating to sun exposure as a result.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

DDB220 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 9:02 am I avoid more than moderate exposure to the sun. When I was a young and naive squaddie returning from the Falklands I laid out on the helicopter deck for hours as we approached the Ascension islands. No protection etc I became a walking blister and suffered various degrees of skin issues relating to sun exposure as a result.
Not good DDB, yes we have to be careful.