Leeds United v Southampton - Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Play Off Final - Leeds Utd v Southampton

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

The Subhuman wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:25 pm Villa haven't achieved anything yet. They're gonna need to spend a lot just to stand still and a Champions league season will be very tough on them... Hard to see them finish top 8 next season
If we'd fired Marsch, hired Emery, and finished 4th a year later - I'd be delighted with that achievement.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:19 pm So Norwich conceded 64 this season too
Oh I see your point :lol:

I hadn't noticed that.

Ok 3rd of 80 teams.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Muppet the Cat

Re: Southampton pre match chat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Can’t just be me that thinks Adam Armstrong doesn’t half look like Russell Crowe, in Gladiator :duno:
8985CCEE-711F-4134-B527-69D738146141.jpeg
52008FE4-EFF0-4910-8DEB-5CF437AF2ABA.jpeg
Tyzy
First Team
First Team

Post by Tyzy »

Will the game have VAR ?
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Ellandback1 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 6:48 pm I disagree. I would have been distraught if we used the pink kit, especially on the anniversary of Don Revie's death. It was Revie that transformed Leeds to play in White, and if it makes a fraction of a difference - its worth doing.

I was talking with Brian Deane the other day. He told me that any advantage, physical or phycological - you take it, as the margins are so small.
I’d rather we played in white, I’ll be wearing white in the stadium 😁, but I have serious doubts that it makes a difference to winning or losing to professional football players when Premier League football and life changing money is at stake.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:17 pm Not familiar with him. But he has been a PL referee since 2021.
Doesn’t look old enough, but neither do most people to me these days 🙄🙄🙄
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

GreennWhite wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 2:46 pm Too many people getting worried about their players, and not enough respect for the players we have.
Farke knows what to do, its up to our players to go out and perform like we all know they can do. If they play to their potential then we win this game. For me midfield is the key area for us. Win that battle and the rest will look after itself.
I'm looking at it from both angles, both teams are capable of scoring 4 on their day and finding their best form, if everything goes for either team the other could struggle, if the luck is evened out, it's an humdinger, both can score, both can concede.

Strap in, i can't see Martin holding back at all, the question is, will DF ? And by how much ?

I want a Chelsea, Leicester, Ipswich, Norwich performance from us, and may the best team win.

I want the right team, the right tactics, a good ref, and a shite load of luck, and a few injuries to Soton.

It's not a lot to ask.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Morpheus
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Morpheus »

CUSSIE01 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 3:38 pm I’ve been looking at that & can’t see anything so far, strange for one of our biggest games in recent history 🫣

If Leeds City Council and/or Leeds United don't sort out a beam-back at E.R or big screen in the city centre. I'd say that a pretty poor show from both of them.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 7:27 pm Just Joe and Ben Bloom doing a live podcast for the playoff final atm

Watched it.

Always happy to listen to the opinions of championship guru Benjamin Bloom, a genuine, honest football fan.

Ben with be attending the Leeds v Saints final, his seventh play-off final.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:25 pm Villa haven't achieved anything yet. They're gonna need to spend a lot just to stand still and a Champions league season will be very tough on them... Hard to see them finish top 8 next season
Indeed :tup: European commitments takes it toil on over-achieving clubs, you only have to look at West Ham, Newcastle, Brighton, etc.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

4 more sleeps.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Barlow Boy wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 11:24 am 4 more sleeps.
Thing is, are you sleeping well?
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Poll required :

I'm seriously thinking of taking one for the team.

Leeds are 4/6 to qualify (as they put it)
Soton are 6/5

This is to bet on who actually wins promotion if it goes all the way, i'm seriously thinking of putting £50 on Soton and not giving a flying feck if i lose, and indeed want to lose. This is because i just daren't back Leeds and put the mockers on em, which i know i will.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team

Post by Sean_Nile »

Kennyb41 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 12:08 pm Poll required :

Soton are 6/5

This is to bet on who actually wins promotion if it goes all the way, i'm seriously thinking of putting £50 on Soton and not giving a flying feck if i lose, and indeed want to lose. This is because i just daren't back Leeds and put the mockers on em, which i know i will.
As they said so succinctly on the square ball, bet on Southampton to win and if they do, your happy with the money in your pocket, and if they loose your happy that leeds have been promoted.

In some perverted way that's a win/win
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Sean_Nile wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 12:29 pm As they said so succinctly on the square ball, bet on Southampton to win and if they do, your happy with the money in your pocket, and if they loose your happy that leeds have been promoted.

In some perverted way that's a win/win
That's my thought process.

I'm bangin £50 on em.

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

It's on, £50 @6/5 Bet365

;@)
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Kennyb41 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 12:08 pm Poll required :

Soton are 6/5

I did think about having a few quid on Southampton myself, thinking if we did lose, at least I’d at least get my ticket and beer money back.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Barlow Boy wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 1:03 pm I did think about having a few quid on Southampton myself, thinking if we did lose, at least I’d at least get my ticket and beer money back.
If i put money on anything as close as this and especially Leeds/England owt like that Aussies/England cricket where i'm desperate for us to win, it's a cast iron loser usually guaranteed for me, I remember thinking there'd be goals galore when we played Leicester, and was thinking i was printing money going over 2 or 2.5 goal line, we won 1-0 :lol: ....I'm not sure but i either had £100 or £200 on it :roll: DOH!

;@)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

I’d do a bet builder.
Smallbone to score anytime.
Leeds to win on penalties.
60/1