Premier League Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Premier League Thread - Poch leaves Chelsea

Post by 1964white »

Championship guru Benjamin Bloom (Ipswich fan) saying he's very concerned with the McKenna links to Chelsea & Brighton on Just Joe's channel tonight.
Jammy 07
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jammy 07 »

The Subhuman wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:15 pm No one want Farke?
Fantastic work this season from Farke and it's only his previous PL relegations which are clouding peoples judgement.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jammy 07 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:24 pm Fantastic work this season from Farke and it's only his previous PL relegations which are clouding peoples judgement.
Even though Farke wasn't backed by Delia.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

The Subhuman wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:15 pm No one want Farke?
Not something we will have to worry about.

But no not mentioned at all.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Jammy 07 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:24 pm Fantastic work this season from Farke and it's only his previous PL relegations which are clouding peoples judgement.
That's being extremely generous Jammy.

He has a lot to prove if promoted and for our sake I hope he's learned a lot.
Signed

King Cjay

Jammy 07
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jammy 07 »

Cjay wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:49 pm Not something we will have to worry about.

But no not mentioned at all.
Apparently not the current flavour of the month.

Sour kraut maybe ?
Jammy 07
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jammy 07 »

Cjay wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:51 pm That's being extremely generous Jammy.

He has a lot to prove if promoted and for our sake I hope he's learned a lot.
My assessment of Farke is based solely on his 46 games in charge of us and I'd say he's made a sterling effort to get us to the brink of promotion after a very challenging pre season.

Of course others may think differently.
Jammy 07
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jammy 07 »

Oh make that 48 games now.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Jammy 07 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:54 pm Apparently not the current flavour of the month.

Sour kraut maybe ?
Very good :)
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Jammy 07 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:57 pm My assessment of Farke is based solely on his 46 games in charge of us and I'd say he's made a sterling effort to get us to the brink of promotion after a very challenging pre season.

Of course others may think differently.
In context of the Premier League nobody will touch him and the media know that hence why he's not mentioned in any odds or anything.

We can talk about this season as Leeds fans or his Norwich record for Championship.

But for this thread topic he hasn't a hope of a Premier League job hence why he isn't mentioned.

Relegation isn't necessarily a deciding factor to getting a Premier League job or a top level job (Kompany is being linked heavily to Bayern Munich of all places).

But Farke's top league record is so bad (record breakingly bad) he has to go the long route hence why he's here.

Marsch was the same, touted himself for a year for a top league job but couldn't get one so he's at Canada.

He's basically in the same boat as people like Wagner and Parker and people like that. Once you fail more than once in a top league you have to drop down and try again.

We are DF's best chance of another shot in a top league.
Signed

King Cjay

Jammy 07
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jammy 07 »

Cjay wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:03 pm In context of the Premier League nobody will touch him and the media know that hence why he's not mentioned in any odds or anything.

We can talk about this season as Leeds fans or his Norwich record for Championship.

But for this thread topic he hasn't a hope of a Premier League job hence why he isn't mentioned.

Relegation isn't necessarily a deciding factor to getting a Premier League job or a top level job (Kompany is being linked heavily to Bayern Munich of all places).

But Farke's top league record is so bad (record breakingly bad) he has to go the long route hence why he's here.

Marsch was the same, touted himself for a year for a top league job but couldn't get one so he's at Canada.

Totally agree and it's a good thing that Farke has to prove himself with us before anyone else will sit up and take notice. Also promotion alone (were it to happen) wouldn't be enough to change his standing in the game, which means a pretty stellar first season back in the PL would be required for any progress at all on that front

However that shouldn't cloud our judgement as Leeds fans on the job he's doing so far.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Cjay wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:03 pm In context of the Premier League nobody will touch him and the media know that hence why he's not mentioned in any odds or anything.

He's basically in the same boat as people like Wagner and Parker and people like that. Once you fail more than once in a top league you have to drop down and try again.

I agree that nobody else will hire Farke in the PL. Two relegated seasons doesn't make a great CV. But I do think he's qualified and able. The two relegations weren't entirely his fault. I'm confident that he'd do better with Leeds. We know the 9ers will invest more into the squad than Norwich did.

I don't know if Farke will be a long term manager with us. But I do believe he can establish us as a premier league club.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Jammy 07 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:16 pm Totally agree and it's a good thing that Farke has to prove himself with us before anyone else will sit up and take notice. Also promotion alone (were it to happen) wouldn't be enough to change his standing in the game, which means a pretty stellar first season back in the PL would be required for any progress at all on that front

However that shouldn't cloud our judgement as Leeds fans on the job he's doing so far.
Indeed it wouldn't and I imagine he wouldn't get the leeway Kompany and Edwards would because of his record.

Let's see how we do on Sunday.

Big game for us and DF I feel.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:24 pm I agree that nobody else will hire Farke in the PL. Two relegated seasons doesn't make a great CV. But I do think he's qualified and able. The two relegations weren't entirely his fault. I'm confident that he'd do better with Leeds. We know the 9ers will invest more into the squad than Norwich did.

I don't know if Farke will be a long term manager with us. But I do believe he can establish us as a premier league club.
He's a great unknown and will be careful what I say as I'll just get accused of Farke bashing again.

But I didn't bring him up.

Probably more a conversation for if we are promoted rather than now.

End of the day though no manager breaks records like Farke did in the Premier League if they aren't massively at fault.

He is the answer to the pub question "which manager has the most losses in a row in Premier League history". Farke is the answer at 16, only 1 other manager even made double figures.

He also has the lowest points per game in Premier League history of managers with 25+ games.

No amount of excuses can excuse breaking both those records and I'd imagine many on that list can complain about not being backed how they'd like.

Totally at fault? Absolutely not, but far far from blameless and not to mention he failed his 2nd chance in a top league at Mönchengladbach as well.

Can only hope he isn't so arrogant as Jesse Marsch seems to be and has learned a lot of lessons from what he did wrong.

If he has then hopefully if promoted we can progress together.

If he hasn't he won't last long should we be promoted next season.
Signed

King Cjay

andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Cjay wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 10:18 pm He's a great unknown and will be careful what I say as I'll just get accused of Farke bashing again.

But I didn't bring him up.

Probably more a conversation for if we are promoted rather than now.

End of the day though no manager breaks records like Farke did in the Premier League if they aren't massively at fault.

He is the answer to the pub question "which manager has the most losses in a row in Premier League history". Farke is the answer at 16, only 1 other manager even made double figures.

He also has the lowest points per game in Premier League history of managers with 25+ games.

No amount of excuses can excuse breaking both those records and I'd imagine many on that list can complain about not being backed how they'd like.

Totally at fault? Absolutely not, but far far from blameless and not to mention he failed his 2nd chance in a top league at Mönchengladbach as well.

Can only hope he isn't so arrogant as Jesse Marsch seems to be and has learned a lot of lessons from what he did wrong.

If he has then hopefully if promoted we can progress together.

If he hasn't he won't last long should we be promoted next season.
You make a fair argument.

My stance is that he'll do better with a better team and a better board. I'm confident in Farke and the 49ers taking us to 15th or better.

I think he's good enough for the PL. But he's going to have to get there by promotion. He won't get hired directly given his record. Let's hope he improves his CV with us.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Premier League Thread - CITEH confirmed as CHAMPIONS

Post by Kennyb41 »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:05 pm Really surprised at Pochettino leaving. They had a bad start to the season. That was somewhat understandable given the huge squad. He had a big job to do in establishing a key group of players and creating a team culture and chemistry that was seriously lacking.

Second half he really turned it around. Making the top 6, a final, and a semi final looks decent in hindsight. And he's managed to find a starting 11 that works well together. I was especially pleased to see the young English players establishing themselves. Palmer, Madueke, Gallagher. As well as the likes of James and Colwill.

I think Poch did well in the end. It makes it surprising because they look ready certain to improve next season. Maybe there are internal disputes. Maybe he's losing some of his home grown youngsters to balance FFP. And that just peed him off.
Total agreement with you here Andrew, my instant thought was Scum have tempted him with a huge offer, but if he has been pushed this is another case of the owner is nuts (i hope this is the case) and another example of 'they haven't a feckin clue'

Yes it took him a while, but he was nearly there at the tail-end of the season, how the hell you can just throw a bag of licorice allsorts at a guy and expect it to just work pretty much instantly is beyond me, I hope this Todd keeps on shooting himself in both feet every single year, coz it makes me laugh my titz off.

I still think he could be off to scum btw.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:24 pm I agree that nobody else will hire Farke in the PL. Two relegated seasons doesn't make a great CV. But I do think he's qualified and able. The two relegations weren't entirely his fault. I'm confident that he'd do better with Leeds. We know the 9ers will invest more into the squad than Norwich did.

:clap:

Jeez, agreement again, we'll be booking a room soon.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 12:20 am You make a fair argument.

My stance is that he'll do better with a better team and a better board. I'm confident in Farke and the 49ers taking us to 15th or better.

I think he's good enough for the PL. But he's going to have to get there by promotion. He won't get hired directly given his record. Let's hope he improves his CV with us.
! :clap: :clap:

Bloody hell, i'll get on Booking.com now.

;@)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Screenshot 2024-05-22 07.56.59.png

The young man on the right would be perfect! :lol:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Mckenna I'd kind of get.

Frank I'd kind of get.

But Poundland Pep?

Leicester forum reaction is interesting, some a but worried others not fussed at all.

Don't think he did a job that couldn't have been done by plenty of others and his football is questionable
Last edited by Cjay on Wed May 22, 2024 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay