Brenden Aaronson

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Brenden Aaronson

Post by Carrick Dave »

Poor lad can’t read. SIDE BEFORE SELF EVERY TIME on all the walls in ER, his take is

“I felt like this was the best decision that I could make — playing in the Bundesliga and playing in the Champions League — to help my career and get me better. So that’s why I made the decision.”

Don’t come back son.
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

Pullhard wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:26 pm Hope he starts pulling up trees in Germany and has a great rest of the season - might get a few quid for him then.
It's now a question of how big a loss we take on him. Sadly.
Agreed. So disappointed in him. He’s a slow moving train wreck. Last season, I said he belonged on a low table Bundesliga team…didn’t think that would actually play out. Amazingly, he can’t even crack the side for one. Maybe, I overstated it. Kid now looks like he’ll be lucky to start for a Bundesliga 2 outfit/MLS team. If we can swing it, I’d take $10M for him and run.
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Scored his first league goal in 500+ days to give Union Berlin a 1-0 win vs Hoffenheim.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

https://www.leedsunited.news/news/i-wan ... -want-10m/

Does he now.

Better get another job then
Signed

King Cjay

Lufc76Cor
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Lufc76Cor »

"Needs to find a club that suits him", that would be in women's football so
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Lufc76Cor wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:49 pm "Needs to find a club that suits him", that would be in women's football so
:lol: :lol:
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Union Berlin confirm Aaronson is returning to us after they survived relegation on the last day
Signed

King Cjay

Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Brenden Aaronson- Return from loan confirmed

Post by Leeds1000 »

See if we can do a swap with Norwich for Sargent...... Wilkos Barmy Army.

I want us to go up just so it throws a spanner in the works of all the wantaways. It changes the price and the dynamics for people like Harrison, Roca & Wober. The latter one i would hold my nose and have back. I think he could still do i decent job for us.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Leeds1000 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 3:17 pm See if we can do a swap with Norwich for Sargent...... Wilkos Barmy Army.

I want us to go up just so it throws a spanner in the works of all the wantaways. It changes the price and the dynamics for people like Harrison, Roca & Wober. The latter one i would hold my nose and have back. I think he could still do i decent job for us.
I'd have Pascal and Ampadu ahead of Wober in a pecking order. I think Wober looked better than he was because he came into a shambolic defence, and tactical set-up, whereby anyone able to win a few headers, make a few blocks etc looked better than what had gone before. His passing was woeful which would be a big negative in the side - and although Farke wanted to keep him I think that was more a case of Farke wanting to keep as many players as he could. Maybe Wober's passing is better than it looked and it was made to seem worse by the team around him but for me he gave the ball away dangerously quite a few times when under no pressure.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

weasel wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 3:44 pm I'd have Pascal and Ampadu ahead of Wober in a pecking order. I think Wober looked better than he was because he came into a shambolic defence, and tactical set-up, whereby anyone able to win a few headers, make a few blocks etc looked better than what had gone before. His passing was woeful which would be a big negative in the side - and although Farke wanted to keep him I think that was more a case of Farke wanting to keep as many players as he could. Maybe Wober's passing is better than it looked and it was made to seem worse by the team around him but for me he gave the ball away dangerously quite a few times when under no pressure.
Same here, Wober wouldn't add anything to what we already have in DF's style, i've always said this re Wober, he is a decent defender, but not for the modern game and what's required bringing it out.

I haven't totally given up on Aaronson, but like Mes, he needs to get in the gym for upper body strength, it would do him a world of good.
Along with some work on his speed - Off the mark sprinting.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

weasel wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 3:44 pm I'd have Pascal and Ampadu ahead of Wober in a pecking order. I think Wober looked better than he was because he came into a shambolic defence, and tactical set-up, whereby anyone able to win a few headers, make a few blocks etc looked better than what had gone before. His passing was woeful which would be a big negative in the side - and although Farke wanted to keep him I think that was more a case of Farke wanting to keep as many players as he could. Maybe Wober's passing is better than it looked and it was made to seem worse by the team around him but for me he gave the ball away dangerously quite a few times when under no pressure.
Difficult to judge i guess after just 16 starts in the worst defence in Leeds history. Like you tho i remember he looked poor on the ball but apparently he played 15 games for the total football club of Ajax of Amsterdam. I haven't watched him since his loan move but he could be the next Lewis Dunk surely. Had he been available he would have been Big Sam's wet dream.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Difficult to judge any of our players who were coached by Marsch. We'll have to wait and see, A) which division we're in and b) which ones we can offload
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
PhoenixUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Kennyb41 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 4:30 pm Same here, Wober wouldn't add anything to what we already have in DF's style, i've always said this re Wober, he is a decent defender, but not for the modern game and what's required bringing it out.

I haven't totally given up on Aaronson, but like Mes, he needs to get in the gym for upper body strength, it would do him a world of good.
Along with some work on his speed - Off the mark sprinting.
All these guys that are coming back or might be would be best advised to have the shortest of close seasons and get training sooner rather than later so that come the end of July they are in the fittest form that they can be. But you know fine well that millionaires will not be arsed to do anything of the like........... :twisted:
Keep The Faith MOT WAL
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

If they all come back and Farke sees them in pre season training he will be smart enough to know which ones to keep and which ones he wants rid off.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

PhoenixUnited wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:37 am All these guys that are coming back or might be would be best advised to have the shortest of close seasons and get training sooner rather than later so that come the end of July they are in the fittest form that they can be. But you know fine well that millionaires will not be arsed to do anything of the like........... :twisted:
Oh yes, that's why i can't call em for it ;-)

It would be Kettle pot black.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

Could he be of any use on the scout team for our preparations at Wembley?
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
PhoenixUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PhoenixUnited »

JoeDenver wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:12 pm Could he be of any use on the scout team for our preparations at Wembley?
No - he is better suited in the Girl Guides team actually
Keep The Faith MOT WAL
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

JoeDenver wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:12 pm Could he be of any use on the scout team for our preparations at Wembley?
Wonder if any of those wantaways will be in the crowd watching on Sunday. Certainly hope they're all off on their holidays already.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Will you forgive Brenden Aaronson?

Post by YorkshireSquare »

The YEP are reporting Brenden Aaronson is set to return to the club next season after key talka with Farke...

Leeds United are set to make Brenden Aaronson part of Daniel Farke's Championship squad for the 2024/25 promotion bid. Having spent a season away from Elland Road, Aaronson engaged in talks with Leeds and Farke that club sources say went positively, leading to a decision to bring him back into the fold. The YEP understands Aaronson had the option to return to Union Berlin and there was interest from elsewhere but his preference was to come back to Leeds to be part of the promotion effort. Leeds believe that the 23-year-old could be a considerable asset in the Championship, particularly in an area of the pitch that lacked depth last term. Georginio Rutter eventually made the number 10 position his own, but the Frenchman struggled to maintain consistency after a March international break hernia operation.

The elephant in the room, of course, is Aaronson's initial decision to leave the club upon relegation, rather than staying to put it right but Leeds believe the precedent set by Willy Gnonto will stand in the American's favour. Gnonto, who did not have a release clause in his contract, attempted to leave the club via a transfer request and was stood down from first team involvement at the start of the campaign before fighting his way back into Farke's plans and fan affections, becoming more influential as the season went on. Should Aaronson follow in Gnonto's footsteps and prove his ability on the pitch in the second tier, Leeds believe there is a way back with supporters. Though Farke went on record to suggest bringing back a player who did not want to be at the club could be likened to warming up leftover food, he was also clear that second chances are possible.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... ks-4659237

Will you forgive him? Do you think he can contribute next season?
mentalcase

Re: Will you forgive Brenden Aaronson?

Post by mentalcase »

I put yes, but the option I would like is, yes but NOT forgiven.
If DF is willing to give him a shot then that's fine by me.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"