Southampton post match discussion

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Southampton post match discussion

Post by whiteswan »

GreennWhite wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 1:44 pm The Monty Python songs comes to mind for some of our disgruntled fans " Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life " :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
That was Scums anthem a vew years ago....so not for me
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

SG90 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 1:44 pm Well that was poor squad management then. Why start James 2 days after he missed a penalty when Anthony was free? Sky didn't move the game, every Championship side plays on Good Friday.
We were the only team to have 4 players in that game. Anyway, does it really matter now. Something went badly wrong after that international break. I'd love to know what....
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Bielsa did it with a lesser squad as they were more hungry and wanted it more. We have too many overpaid players who are in comfortable jobs regardless of how they perform.
hector

Post by hector »

The Subhuman wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 1:46 pm Playing fast and loose with the this thread will close 10 minutes after this post too...
Just give it a rest will you please.....

There was warning the thread would close, did you not see the word "ish"??

You do nowt but moan about the mods and the way things are run on here, and yet when you had the chance to become a mod you turned it down.
Andyhynes
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Andyhynes »

I don’t hold out much hope for us in the playoffs. Since the international break we have been relegation form. Can’t believe I am saying this but we need Bamford as at least he runs about and gives us energy. Firpo shows no defensive brains and as a unit defensively we are poor.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

SG90 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 1:43 pm Thought 96 would be needed for automatics this season
I prefer 96 to 69 :)
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

whiteswan wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 1:53 pm We were the only team to have 4 players in that game. Anyway, does it really matter now. Something went badly wrong after that international break. I'd love to know what....
Our own fault for signing so many Welsh players. There were also chances for Ampadu and Rodon to be rested, but they never were.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Andyhynes wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 1:54 pm I don’t hold out much hope for us in the playoffs. Since the international break we have been relegation form. Can’t believe I am saying this but we need Bamford as at least he runs about and gives us energy. Firpo shows no defensive brains and as a unit defensively we are poor.
Andy, that's like a drowning man shouting "Hey mate, can you throw me that brick?" :lol:
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

White Riot wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 1:51 pm I can't wait to hear the spin merchants telling us that this was another great afternoon for LUFC, future's bright, etc :)
They’ll point to the playoffs and how we’ll have 8-9 days rest, etc. to get healthy and get our groove back…as if the preceding 8 days weren’t already helpful for today’s fixture. TBF, Piroe looked lively and Georgie and Gnonto came off early to give them some rest. James and Paddy could be back, but hard to be confident going into the next 2-3 fixtures.
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
Onemanstanding
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Onemanstanding »

Really poor second half, never looked like scoring. Should have done something else instead.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

White Riot wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 1:50 pm It is shite GW, but I could see this coming a mile off, and be prepared for a few frowny faces when these guys let us down again in the play-offs.

But in comparison to being robbed in the European Cup Final in 75 and being heartbroken then, this doesn't even register on the long list of disappointments I've suffered as an LUFC supporter.
Same here James. That 75 final will always be the biggest disappointment. The fact that we were so blatantly cheated out of it by Bayern and Beckencheat and the so called 'ref' :x
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

Huge moral victory is that Hull somehow lost to Plymouth as they would’ve gone in the playoffs on GD. Better to play Norwich 1st round. Still have no belief in us beating Martin and Co in the final if we make it that far.
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

SG90 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 1:55 pm Our own fault for signing so many Welsh players. There were also chances for Ampadu and Rodon to be rested, but they never were.
Yes, should have rested players...but is our squad strong enough.
Last edited by whiteswan on Sat May 04, 2024 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

SG90 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 1:54 pm Bielsa did it with a lesser squad as they were more hungry and wanted it more. We have too many overpaid players who are in comfortable jobs regardless of how they perform.
Yes, as much as has been made about the spirit and happiness DF has generated in the squad, when we needed that spirit to come to the fore and these guys to want it more that the opposition they fkn bottled it big style.

A number of these players and their agents will already know that they have a future in the EPL regardless of what happens in these last few matches.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

whiteswan wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 2:00 pm Yes, should have rested players...but is our squad strong enough.
Could, woulda, shoulda, but didn't Swannie. Squad is defo as good as anything in the Championship, but not been managed optimally. A couple of key additions in January could also have helped to freshen things up a bit.

All water under the bridge now.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Played 6
Won 2
Lost 3
Drawn 1.

Scored-7
Conceded-9

That's our record vs our playoff rivals.

Thought it would be better tbh.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

whiteswan wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 1:57 pm Same here James. That 75 final will always be the biggest disappointment. The fact that we were so blatantly cheated out of it by Bayern and Beckencheat and the so called 'ref' :x
Aye, I'm still mad about that Swannie, as it was out of our control.

I still wouldn't mind exhuming Beckenbauer's skeleton and hanging it from a lamp-post outside UEFA's headquarters :lol:

Not that I'm bitter or out :)
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Cjay wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 2:03 pm Played 6
Won 2
Lost 3
Drawn 1.

Scored-7
Conceded-9

That's our record vs our playoff rivals.

Thought it would be better tbh.
On current form we'll get lost on the way to Norwich :lol:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

hector wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 1:54 pm Just give it a rest will you please.....

There was warning the thread would close, did you not see the word "ish"??

You do nowt but moan about the mods and the way things are run on here, and yet when you had the chance to become a mod you turned it down.
I've never been asked to be a mod here, Waccoe once, that I turned down
Last edited by The Subhuman on Sat May 04, 2024 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

The Subhuman wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 1:51 pmlol
Where's my long message.

Don't be lazy type it out again :)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom