The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 30th April) All Phillips is interested in, is playing for Leeds

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 30th April) All Phillips is interested in, is playing for Leeds

Post by John in Louisiana »

whiteinfrance wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:04 am We need to send Sean Bean to Huddersfield to rally the troops

'DO IT FOR YORKSHIRE' :)
Except Sean Bean dies in pretty much everything he's in.
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 30th April) All Phillips is interested in, is playing for Leeds

Post by malcolmw »

Jaydog wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:21 pm It’s all he’s interested in now as his career has crashed & burned. He wasn’t interested before was he. Don’t make me laugh. Maybe he can come back but all this “oooh it’s all I want to do” is total bollocks.
Bit grumpy are we Jay? :roflmao:

I too would take him back in a heartbeat. I said at the time, you couldn't blame him for going to arguably one of the 2 or 3 best teams in the world.

OK so it hasn't gone so well. Not the first talented footballer to experience walking into a brick wall. All part of a career and learning.

I think he'd be stronger mentally and could take over the Ayling, Dallas, Coops role with the youngsters. He's a Bielsa boy. Worth something to me.
Offer him 20% more than his old salary, adjusted for the cpi, and get him back in white.
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by malcolmw »

John in Louisiana wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:37 pm Except Sean Bean dies in pretty much everything he's in.
:lol: :roflmao:
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

malcolmw wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:18 pm Bit grumpy are we Jay? :roflmao:

I too would take him back in a heartbeat. I said at the time, you couldn't blame him for going to arguably one of the 2 or 3 best teams in the world.

OK so it hasn't gone so well. Not the first talented footballer to experience walking into a brick wall. All part of a career and learning.

I think he'd be stronger mentally and could take over the Ayling, Dallas, Coops role with the youngsters. He's a Bielsa boy. Worth something to me.
Offer him 20% more than his old salary, adjusted for the cpi, and get him back in white.
I’ve had a snickers so I’m ok now.
Would he play in the Championship or is that beneath him?
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by malcolmw »

Jaydog wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 1:56 pm I’ve had a snickers so I’m ok now.
Would he play in the Championship or is that beneath him?
Who knows where his head is at. If he's driven by ego, he won't. But the last year can't have been good for his ego.

Of course, Farke may not want him. But if he does, I'm sure a chat over a coffee would sort things out.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Don't think Phillips has a big ego. I thought he quoted "All I wanna do now is play for Leeds". That would suggest he prepared to drop a division. We sold a very good player to City for a few reasons but the big two were he was a very saleable asset at a time when we needed money and he wanted to test himself as that's supposed to be the thing to do in sport.

Not his fault Pep didn't really want him for City though my question at that time if I were in Kalvin's (I dread this statement) shoes would have been "When and where is Rodri going?"
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

I think a fit and hungry Philips would only be good for Leeds, i wouldnt say no to him coming back, when it comes to getting in new players and we will have to do that in the summer, we could do a lot worse than him.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Next seasons 11if we stay down

GK?
Roberts
Firpo
Phillips
Cresswell or new RCB
Struijk
Gray
Ampadu
Joseph
Georginio
James

Assuming Rodon wants and get prem football, Summerville and Gnonto are sold to raise cash
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
TopTuneTony
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by TopTuneTony »

The priority, in my opinion, would be to get Rodon on a permanent deal. Not getting Ben White cost us big time last time round. I’d have Kalvin back in a heart beat, Myovski from Aberdeen, Greenwood back from boro and wedge the door open for Cooper, Firpo, Ayling and Paddy and make an appointment to speak to Moyes
pjm2019
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by pjm2019 »

Kalvin has been picking up too many injuries, past his best. He would cost £20M and high wages so a waste of time. Lets move on
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

pjm2019 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 4:24 pm Kalvin has been picking up too many injuries, past his best. He would cost £20M and high wages so a waste of time. Lets move on
He's injured now I believe :duno: