Leeds Utd v Southampton Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Southampton pre match chat

Post by GreennWhite »

Cjay wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:31 pm Will respond to your points after my dog walk but that press conference has pissed me off no end, that's what I'm talking about.

He's doing exactly what Hecky did.

Talking expectations down (no chance of promotion in September) .

Everything he said about what went wrong is deflected onto the players, literally everything, at no point does he talk about himself in that respect except to big up his own achievements.

Then talks about the past just like Hecky used to and how we haven't been in the playoffs and such!!!!!!

Did not buy success with one of the largest budgets in the league and 30+ million spent.

Playing down our expectations to try and make his achievements sound better?

Seriously can't you see the Hecky in that press conference?

Genuinely not a Farke thing just read that press conference, can't you see it?

We were one of the two original Hecky dissenters.

So I'm genuinely shocked if you can't see it in that press conference? Thats the most obvious it's ever been
You just cant stop trying to crucify Farke at every oportunity can you, nothing he does is worth anything.
READ what he said in the presser. He did have a go at himself, he said "I MADE A MISTAKE TAKING BYRAM OFF " so all your BS about him deflecting all the faults onto the players is pathetic. Its just another attempt to jump on the bandwagon and critise when you dont get things going your own way.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

CUSSIE01 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 2:35 pm I’d be disappointed if you weren’t Riot, keeps them on their toes .
Failure is not an option mate. I don't accept what's happened over the past 5 matches at all, and particularly what happened at QPR. That was nowhere near what's expected of a team wearing a Leeds United shirt.

Shameful, I'm still fuming and will be until they put things right, and that means promotion this season. Anything other than that is failure mate. I don't wanna hear about winning runs, and 90 points from 45 matches.

Southampton had a 25 match unbeaten run this season, brilliant, so what? They blew it, just like we did.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

GreennWhite wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:23 pm You just cant stop trying to crucify Farke at every oportunity can you, nothing he does is worth anything.
READ what he said in the presser. He did have a go at himself, he said "I MADE A MISTAKE TAKING BYRAM OFF " so all your BS about him deflecting all the faults onto the players is pathetic. Its just another attempt to jump on the bandwagon and critise when you dont get things going your own way.
He’s walking his dog.
The dog hasn’t walked to the best of his ability.
There’s a post walk Press conference later when Cjay will deflect all blame from himself on to his dog.
The dog doesn’t listen he’ll say. He should’ve stopped the walk after 60 minutes.
The dogs wxt (walk expected turds) is way over what it should be. He’s not happy. Should’ve got a Labrador as they have better stats.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

GreennWhite wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:23 pm You just cant stop trying to crucify Farke at every oportunity can you, nothing he does is worth anything.
Wow one admission whilst saying he didn't expect promotion with 40 games to go.

I remember the reaction on here when Hecky said similar when he had 16 games to go.

Or Marsch used to bring up our past to defend his record and talked about how awful it was here before he arrived.

But ok we will gloss over that and pretend it didn't happen.

Can hardly be jumping on a bandwagon when I've been consistent :ok:
Last edited by Cjay on Thu May 02, 2024 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Jaydog wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:30 pm He’s walking his dog.
There’s a post walk Press conference later when Cjay will deflect all blame from himself on to his dog.
The dog doesn’t listen he’ll say. He should’ve stopped the walk after 60 minutes.
The dogs wxt (walk expected turds) is way over what it should be. He’s not happy. Should’ve got a Labrador as they have better stats.
The dog didn't walk fast enough which made me late.

The fact I left late is irrelevant
Signed

King Cjay

Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Cjay wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:42 pm The dog didn't walk fast enough which made me late.

The fact I left late is irrelevant
Late for what?
You have a busier bell than Geronimo did.
Never stops ringing.
Watch Weasel turn that in to something obscene.
pjm2019
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by pjm2019 »

i am hoping to watch the match in full on saturday rather than switching it off after 62 mins against QPR.

We can still get promoted albeit via the play offs. DF needs to bring on subs earlier if players look tired/not performing/we are losing or drawing.
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Jaydog wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:30 pm He’s walking his dog.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻🤣🤣
Keeping The Faith
Leedsleedsleeds63
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Leedsleedsleeds63 »

What are the chances of picking up a ticket at the ground on the day?
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

weasel wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:11 pm All itis indicative of is that football is, as Mr Greaves would say, a funny ol' game.

A few seasons back my Sunday side played in the Cup Semi (played in midweek), we were 2nd in the league at the time and were playing the team top of the league. Thrashed them 5-0 with yours truly opening the scoring. A few days later and back in league and desperate to close on the league leaders we went and lost 5-1 to a mid table team with nothing to play for. No dressing room lost, in a turnover time similar to the time between the Boro and QPR games. It is just football and my side played sh*te after playing brilliant the game before. And for those interested we went on to win the cup and got promoted, as runners up.
Agreed, Blackburn lost 0-5 then rocked up and took away our unbearen home record, it happens
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

I missed the Presser, what atrocities has he commited now?
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Irish Ian wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 4:33 pm I missed the Presser, what atrocities has he commited now?
Posted further up.

Undoubtedly it will be I'm overreacting how dare I.

But it's things Hecky and Marsch got absolutely hammered for

Make your own judgement.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Jaydog wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:45 pm Late for what?
You have a busier bell than Geronimo did.
Never stops ringing.
Watch Weasel turn that in to something obscene.
She didn't actually do a poop in case you are interested so her xTD was 0.

Late for nothing in the end.

I was technically late but actually on time.

Had I been actually late the fault would have been hers.
Signed

King Cjay

Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Cjay wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 4:43 pm She didn't actually do a poop in case you are interested so her xTD was 0.

A no turd dog walk is a rare beast in my experience.
The worst case scenario is more turds than bags. Then you’re in deep trouble. Or deep s**t.

Late but on time. If late the dogs fault.
I’ll make a note of that, should be useful at some point.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:40 pm Wow one admission whilst saying he didn't expect promotion with 40 games to go.

I remember the reaction on here when Hecky said similar when he had 16 games to go.

Or Marsch used to bring up our past to defend his record and talked about how awful it was here before he arrived.

But ok we will gloss over that and pretend it didn't happen.

Can hardly be jumping on a bandwagon when I've been consistent :ok:
Good post ..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Just spotted Cjay's dog

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 4:43 pm She didn't actually do a poop in case you are interested so her xTD was 0.

So what you are saying is you set your dog a target that was impossible and then blamed her for not achieving it?
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

weasel wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 6:49 pm So what you are saying is you set your dog a target that was impossible and then blamed her for not achieving it?
It turned out the dog wasn’t full of s**t, unlike Cjay.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

I'm finding it difficult to understand the severe criticism Farke is receiving from our fans.

I know he has made mistakes, but how many coaches are not prone to errors.

We could finish the 2023/24 with 93 points, we've had a very good season, a far more enjoyable than our previous two seasons in the Premier League.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 4:41 pm Posted further up.

Undoubtedly it will be I'm overreacting how dare I.

But it's things Hecky and Marsch got absolutely hammered for

Make your own judgement.
Marsch used tactics that even the most clueless tactician could see were rubbish. Farke's tactics have for the most part worked, We didn't adopt different tactics for the last 5 matches.

Hecky blamed the players for everything and basically said he'd get rid of them all. The players had already shown what they could do under Tomas Christiansen and then demonstrated it superbly under Bielsa. Even if you take the fact that Bielsa was a genius and use that as an excuse for Heckingbottom the same cannot be said as to why TC was able to get them playing well when he was derided by many of here. Farke hasn't blamed the players, he has mentioned things which are true, such as our lack of threat from set pieces, our lack of goals from midfield etc rather than saying the players are sh*t. Farke can quite rightly point to the fact that he has got 90 points which in most seasons would be good enough for promotion - as such what he has done with the cub this season would have achieved promotion every season apart from this. So whilst it appears he has failed it is like running the marathon and then being told that you won't get an award as they changed it from 26 miles to 30 miles.