Today's Games

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Today's Games

Post by The Subhuman »

SG90 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:27 pm Even if Ipswich did lose the next two (won't happen), do you really see these lot beating Southampton in a must win?
Yes .. No point being a Leeds fan if losing becomes your expectation. I would think Ipswich take 4 points from the next two though, leave us with an outside shot and probably draw their final game.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

The Subhuman wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:29 pm Yes .. No point being a Leeds fan if losing becomes your expectation. I would think Ipswich take 4 points from the next two though, leave us with an outside shot and probably draw their final game.
If the players don't have any fight, then there's no hope. Just like last year after Palace at HT, it was obvious we were down as the players completely gave up.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SG90 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:32 pm If the players don't have any fight, then there's no hope. Just like last year after Palace at HT, it was obvious we were down as the players completely gave up.
The players have fight, that's been proved many times this season. There's a number of reasons for this poor run but fight ain't one of them
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

SG90 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:32 pm If the players don't have any fight, then there's no hope. Just like last year after Palace at HT, it was obvious we were down as the players completely gave up.
Exactly :tup:

Bunch of bottle jobs. When the going gets tough the weak s**t their pants and surrender.

Farke and the players are equally at fault. I've no faith in any of them.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

White Riot wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:41 pm Exactly :tup:

Bunch of bottle jobs. When the going gets tough the weak s**t their pants and surrender.

Farke and the players are equally at fault. I've no faith in any of them.
Sitting on the fence again I see Riot ;-)
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:52 pm Sitting on the fence again I see Riot ;-)
That's it Swannie :)

I'm expecting the apologists will roll up in a couple of days saying we were unlucky, have faith in the players, and the usual load of old cobblers.
Johnthewhite
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Johnthewhite »

Derby back in the Championship next season
Deep joy.....
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

This documentary is going to be hilarious
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:19 pm That's it Swannie :)

I'm expecting the apologists will roll up in a couple of days saying we were unlucky, have faith in the players, and the usual load of old cobblers.
Our players were knackered mate, they've been running on empty since the international break, the word break is a joke, our players didn't have the luxury of a two weeks' rest unlike the majority of championship squads.

I firmly believe the chase to catch Leicester & Ipswich took its toil on our players.

Last night's bench was weakened considerably without Bamford, James & Roberts to call on.
Madron
First Team
First Team

Post by Madron »

Norwich AND WBA both losing 1-0
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:24 pm Our players were knackered mate, they've been running on empty since the international break, the word break is a joke, our players didn't have the luxury of a two weeks' rest unlike the majority of championship squads.

I firmly believe the chase to catch Leicester & Ipswich took its toil on our players.

Last night's bench was weakened considerably without Bamford, James & Roberts to call on.
The club should have strengthened in January. Many said it at the time.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:24 pm Our players were knackered mate, they've been running on empty since the international break, the word break is a joke, our players didn't have the luxury of a two weeks' rest unlike the majority of championship squads.

Nah, I'm not having any excuses Leon, they were an absolute disgrace and so was Farke.

Dave sums it up perfectly, gives it to these w**kers big style and that's what they deserve: https://youtu.be/TOesV9cCWJ8?si=0dMjoCUnw-d1STRA
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:43 pm The club should have strengthened in January. Many said it at the time.
Yep, but he has also had other players available that he's hardly used all season: Klaesson, Cresswell, Joseph, Anthony, even some of the kids to give the first team a break. His only changes are desperation ones, exactly like Jesse Marsch and the other clowns we suffered last season.

Imagine Giles, Bremner, Big Jack and Norman watching that spineless showing? They'd be livid.
Madron
First Team
First Team

Post by Madron »

WBA losing 2-0.
Full steam ahead for Hull later.
Could do with a Cov goal.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Injuries have cost Boro this season.

Bloody good team.

And what a job Danny Rohl has done at Wendies as well.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
pandagirl
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by pandagirl »

I`m assuming this is a general football thread ? (sorry im quite new here lol)
What does everyone think of the media talking about a quad for Klopp last month
And all they have now is their open top carabo cup parade in may
pandagirl
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by pandagirl »

just confirmed seconds ago - sheff united relegated (no suprise)
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Burnley only two points off Forest. I thought they were miles behind? 🤔
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:29 pm Injuries have cost Boro this season.

Bloody good team.

And what a job Danny Rohl has done at Wendies as well.
Yep Carrick is doing a great job with no resources. Him and Mark Robins are the two most underrated managers in the league.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Should be worth a watch tonight then. Hull have to go for it.