QPR v Leeds Utd - Post Match Discussion

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: QPR v Leeds Utd - Post Match Discussion

Post by Kennyb41 »

Be v suspicious of Tom.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:43 am Typical french
:roflmao: No Rourke's Drift spirit there.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

At the end of the day, the table doesn't lie. If we don't finish top 2 we haven't been good enough. Simple as.
We seem to have a real achilles heel against the teams in the bottom half for some reason. Playing another team from the top 6 in the play offs might actually suit us better. Let's not forget we doubled both Leicester and Ipswich.
I think Ipswich need two points from their two away games because I'm certain they will beat Huddersfield last game.
Let's see how they handle the pressure tonight.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team

Post by Sean_Nile »

Did you know that during the war the Italian tanks had one forward gear and five in reverse, much like Gnonto
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Almost wrote the same thing but bottled out, maybe I have French ancestry
Keeping The Faith
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

CUSSIE01 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:03 am Almost wrote the same thing but bottled out, maybe I have French ancestry
Maybe? Do you often feel compelled to run away from things? If so you should move to Toulon.
Anyway Old Brian the Frenchman knows it’s only good old banter.
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

What we learned after last night is Piroe can’t play in this team as a lone striker, that’s now a verifiable fact, was clear after Blackburn and earlier spells of the season but after last night surely Farke can see that. Secondly, Gruev can’t hold midfield on his own he needs Kamara with him, as good as grey might prove to be in the future, for the moment he just goes missing.

we need to reset and go back to the lineup that got us within autos, we still have the best squad in the playoffs with the most dangerous players and we can win it.
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:05 am Maybe? Do you often feel compelled to run away from things? If so you should move to Toulon.
Anyway Old Brian the Frenchman knows it’s only good old banter.
Going to be in Bordeaux for the play offs so if I run out of the pub during the match then I’ll know for sure. Brian ? Surely you mean Trevor !
Keeping The Faith
pjm2019
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by pjm2019 »

Jaydog wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:17 pm The wife said 2 things tonight. I rarely listen tbh but anyway:
1. Some of your players don’t look up for it.
2. Do you really want to be in the Premier League.
Thanks the wife now go and get me 2 Weetabix. No f**k it get me 3.
I always have 3 weetabix
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Overman wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:02 am Still reeling after last night's debacle. If we somehow go up with this lot, we'll be doing a Sheffield United with Farke at the helm.

A terrible and shameful performance considering what is at stake.
I wouldn't mind going down, if we used the money to pay off our debts.
pjm2019
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by pjm2019 »

we were s**t. lets see how we go against Southampton
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

pjm2019 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:12 am we were s**t. lets see how we go against Southampton
That match is irrelevant. It's all about recovering from this for the playoffs.

What's the betting Farke plays Rodon, Rutter and Jimmy rather than rest them? :roll:
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

What a disgraceful performance - Leeds falling apart again.

Before the international break I had quite a high regard for Farke - now his deficiencies as a manager have become very apparent. Performance wise we have fallen off the edge of a cliff since the break, but the players need to remember that it's the club that pay their bloated wages.

I've never been a massive fan of Cooper, but he has got some fire in his belly and leadership qualities. Bring him in for Southampton, push Ampadu up into midfield, drop Byram, and put Gray back at RB - we wont get anywhere with practically no control in midfield. And give Gruev the hair dryer treatment for a totally unacceptable performance last night - he can't repeat that for Southampton or probably the play offs. If he doesn't want to turn up for the fans and the club in the games when it really matters, then he can p**s off out of the club.

Start Joseph up front, with Bamford on the bench ready to come on if need be. Let Rutter and Piroe compete for the no 10, but stop playing Piroe up front Farke - it just doesn't work. If Rutter is losing possession, and generally doing not very much vs Southampton then hook him at half time and bring on Piroe, but for goodness sake Farke, stop dallying and procrastinating with things that don't work. Just be bold for once, and make the changes when they can actually make a difference.

And drop Meslier - he's basically Kiko the clown Mk2 - he has to be sold in the summer, together with Piroe. Piroe is turns out has been a really poor signing. This is taken from the player ratings on another site ;

"Has not been a factor on the field for Leeds in months. Another night he was chosen ahead of Mateo Joseph and his superior experience brought nothing to the match. Team-mates visibly frustrated with him. rating - 2 "

Oh, and bin that bloody awful barbie kit. I know we live in politically correct times, but Bremner would turn in his grave a
the sight of a Leeds United team playing in that disgusting gawdy pink. I couldn't believe it when I first saw it.
Last edited by CHAPELALLMAN on Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

As much as Ampadu and Rodon have performed well at CH, we now desperately need him back in the midfield, Cooper won't be as good at certain things, but better at others, he'll also possess a threat at corners.

Gruev is ok against certain teams and set ups, but his game is very limited to working and making himself available to be passed to, but he offers not much else on the attacking front, he's also lacking in creativity and forward movement and passing.

Kamara and Ampadu have shown to be our best pairing, Gray is now the best RB we have, and Piroe just shouldn't be starting yet.

If Soton is a dead rubber, i'd drop everyone and play the reserves, he needs to get everyone primed for the play offs and revert to these roles, and pray PB gets fit.

And certain players ie : Gnonto Rutter Jimmy need to realise there's a team to play with and not try and do things all on their own.

Pass and move is oh so simple.

And playing to the best of our teams attacking strengths lightens the load on panicky Meslier.

We are totally and utterly fcked if he still persists with this away game or plan, something is seriously wrong with the gaps between our lines, it is affecting our performances something tragic, and playing right into the oppos hands who just seem to have acres of space when play breaks down for us.

It is like we are 4-----------2--------------3-----------1 and something is completely failing, he needs to identify it and rectify it asap.
Last edited by Kennyb41 on Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

CUSSIE01 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:09 am Going to be in Bordeaux for the play offs so if I run out of the pub during the match then I’ll know for sure. Brian ? Surely you mean Trevor !
No his name is definitely Dave.
Or Steve.
Shout all 3 to be sure.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

1964white wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:42 am The majority of our squad didn't have the opportunity to recharged their batteries as they were away on international duty.
This is the only plausible thing i can come up with bar his tactics, we fell ( :) ) off a cliff.

;@)
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Only Big Sam had the sense to see Mes wasn't good enough. Going back to conceding every shot on target again, that's weak goalkeeping and will cost us the playoffs. I don't rate Darlow at all, and would prefer to see Klaesson again.
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

SG90 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:34 am Only Big Sam had the sense to see Mes wasn't good enough. Going back to conceding every shot on target again, that's weak goalkeeping and will cost us the playoffs. I don't rate Darlow at all, and would prefer to see Klaesson again.
That man is a car crash waiting to happen
Keeping The Faith
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

The likes of Klaesson, Cresswell, Anthony, Gelhardt, Joseph, Shackleton and Kamara should start against Southampton. It's far too late now to try something different, but they might perform better than some of Farke's favourites.

Klaesson in for Mes
Cresswell in for Rodon
Anthony in for Jimmy
Gelhardt in for Geo
Joseph in for Piroe
Shackleton in for Byram
Kamara in for Gray
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

SG90 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:41 am The likes of Klaesson, Cresswell, Anthony, Gelhardt, Joseph, Shackleton and Kamara should start against Southampton. It's far too late now to try something different, but they might perform better than some of Farke's favourites.
It all depends on the scenario SG.
If by some miracle a win against Southampton sees us promoted, then only Kamara and Joseph have a chance of starting and Joseph only has a chance if Bamford is still out.
If its a dead rubber DF would be wise to rest some players.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden