Middlesbrough v Leeds Utd Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Re: Middlesbrough pre match chat- Press Conference p5

Post by WhiteRose »

Irish Ian wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:16 pm Part of that is developing one of our own players over a loanee.

In part I agree with it, Gray will be a first team player or a very selllable asset in the seasons on come.

Of course the downside is the great unknown.

Could Roberts have made a difference this season...
Unknown what happens with Archie if we go up, I’d say he definitely can’t play right back in the prem and it would be a risk for him to start in midfield.

If we don’t go up he could well be a saleable asset this summer
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

WhiteRose wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:40 pm Unknown what happens with Archie if we go up, I’d say he definitely can’t play right back in the prem and it would be a risk for him to start in midfield.

He won't be going anywhere this Summer.....
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

WhiteRose wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:40 pm Unknown what happens with Archie if we go up, I’d say he definitely can’t play right back in the prem and it would be a risk for him to start in midfield.

I cannot see that - his value based on his current trajectory is only going to rise. If we cashed in on him it effectively outlines the ambition of the club.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Middlesbrough v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by The Subhuman »

Meslier
Gray
Firpo
Gruev
Rodon
Ampadu
Gnonto
Kamara or Piroe
Joseph
Georginio
Summerville

For me
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by malcolmw »

The Subhuman wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:05 pm Meslier
Gray
Firpo
Gruev
Rodon
Ampadu
Gnonto
Kamara or Piroe
Joseph
Georginio
Summerville

For me
Cant fault that myself Sub, but I'm betting Joseph wont start. I can see Piroe and Kamara starting - or Kamara and Bammie.

Did I read right somewhere that half of 'Boro's first team is injured? Also, Don't know the rule for this league - can Ayling and Greenwood play against us?
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by malcolmw »

malcolmw wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:57 pm Cant fault that myself Sub, but I'm betting Joseph wont start. I can see Piroe and Kamara starting - or Kamara and Bammie.

Did I read right somewhere that half of 'Boro's first team is injured? Also, Don't know the rule for this league - can Ayling and Greenwood play against us?
Maybe I should've read the full report first as my questions were answered. :roll:
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Leicester the clear favourites for automatic promotion after their victory this weekend, but win two or three of our remaining games and we have every chance. Given our last game is against Southampton, we probably need to win on Monday night.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

A massive learning process for Archie.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

We've got 2 games before Ipswich play again, for auto we must win them both and put pressure on Ipswich to beat Hull and Coventry both away, if we don't win these next 2, I'll be thinking we're in the play offs.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Tyzy
First Team
First Team

Post by Tyzy »

Kennyb41 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:09 am We've got 2 games before Ipswich play again, for auto we must win them both and put pressure on Ipswich to beat Hull and Coventry both away, if we don't win these next 2, I'll be thinking we're in the play offs.
I'm thinking we're in the playoffs and if we don't win tonight we're defo in the playoffs
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Tyzy wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:17 am I'm thinking we're in the playoffs and if we don't win tonight we're defo in the playoffs
Ours and Ipswichs next 2 will most likely be season defining.

With a bit of 'luck', the Soton game might not matter, we'll take them out of the equation if we win our next 2, before Ipswich kick a ball.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

We could do with Coventry beating Hull on Weds night, they'd both then be going up against Ipswich at home in must win games to have any chance at all of reaching the play offs, albeit a slight chance if Norwich and WBA both win on Saturday, but it is still mathematically viable and all to play for, and Hull v Ipswich is at 8pm Saturday.

We need to win both first :roll:

;@)
Madron
First Team
First Team

Post by Madron »

Kennyb41 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:58 am We could do with Coventry beating Hull on Weds night, they'd both then be going up against Ipswich at home in must win games to have any chance at all of reaching the play offs, albeit a slight chance if Norwich and WBA both win on Saturday, but it is still mathematically viable and all to play for, and Hull v Ipswich is at 8pm Saturday.

We need to win both first :roll:
Wrote about this on Championship thread yesterday. Think it would be better if Hull win.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The last time we played Boro' at their place.

Oh how we miss someone with the genius of a Pablo.

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cracking game at ER four months ago.

Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Madron wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:09 pm Wrote about this on Championship thread yesterday. Think it would be better if Hull win.
Perhaps so, but Coventry can pull level with Hull which would mean they both have to win v Ipswich to stand any chance, i see what you mean that a Hull win would be better, i was looking at the times of the fixtures inc the 3pm Saturday ones of Norwich and WBA, a draw between Coventry and Hull wouldn't be so good at all, but a win for either keeps them mathematically in the hunt, especially if either of Norwich or WBA lose or draw on Saturday, i'd like Coventry to be playing Ipswich with something to play for, coz their heads are already down after the scum game.

;@)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

I had my B365 free bet on Latte to score first. So that’s him mockered 😁
If it wins I’ll have enough for several cappuccino’s though. Every cloud.
Ipswich won’t fade. As predicted.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Kennyb41 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:09 am We've got 2 games before Ipswich play again, for auto we must win them both and put pressure on Ipswich to beat Hull and Coventry both away, if we don't win these next 2, I'll be thinking we're in the play offs.
Have to agree with this assessment.

Realistically, I think we need to win all our remaining games to have a chance at automatic promotion.
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

<<REWIND: Middlesbrough

Source: https://twitter.com/LUFC/status/1782345756717863307
In Farke we trust...
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Right, i feel really unlucky if i watch Leeds live, when i really really really need Leeds to win, they fcking damn well never do if i watch it, but i want to watch it and be done with my demons.

For all your sakes i could choose not to watch, and they'll definitely win, but if i watch, i will have zero 'positive mental attitude' and i'll be soooooooooo feckin tense for us to score, that we won't, so i have a dilemma....stfu with my stupid feckin negative superstitions, and watch, coz whtever will be will be, or look at the result later and win.

Fck kin hell Leeds why the fck do you do this to me you twats :rant: :rant: 50 feckin years i've had this, then Bert resolved everything, and now i'm back here again you twats :evil:

;@)