The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 15th April) Leeds are falling apart - again

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 15th April) Leeds are falling apart - again

Post by Kennyb41 »

Cjay wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:14 pm I'm afraid it is you choosing a very small sample size to manipulate the stats my friend.

Your 4 games is entirely changed by them beating us, in the previous 4 games they were 21st in the form table.

Boro are a different prospect because they are actually in good form (4th in the form table over the last 12).

Certainly not a side to be taken lightly

!

Said the pot to the kettle.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 15th April) Leeds are falling apart - again

Post by weasel »

Kennyb41 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:31 am
How long does it take a manager to get his team ticking these days huh ? 5 games ? Because that's what DF did - 5 GAMES!

Look how he managed his players thru the tough Xmas period, thru the tough travelling games we had, how did this shite manager manage to reel in not just 1 but 2 teams that were waltzing this division by 17pts, htf did he do that??

We shouldn't even be going into these last 3 games with a sniff of a chance, but we are, because of the good work he's done throughout the season, I'm not a child that can't see the bigger picture, i don't pluck negatives to suit my narrative, i don't exaggerate and lie to suit my narrative.

This guy has earned respect, and he definitely gets mine.
That is why it is better to judge over a full season as form comes and goes. Since the start of January we are probably the form team, our last 3 matches probably the worst team formwise. So which one are we? It is easy to overachieve and then when you don't overachieve you haven't suddenly become sh*t.

Wilkinson achieved too much too soon with Leeds. Promoted and then 4th and 1st. After that he was on a hiding to nothing with fans basically thinking he had become a sh*t manager especially after finishing 17th the year after winning the title. However if you rearranged his years and did promotion, then 17th, then a couple of mid table finishes, then 5th, 4th and then the title fans would have been singing his praise instead of chanting for him to get sacked.

Had Wilkinson turned into a bad manager?

Mix the last 3 results into the recent great run and we are the form team over the period.

Often it can be one key event that changes so much. We got the penalty to win v Preston deep into injury time, we didn't get penalties in the last two matches. We get a penalty against Sunderland and win the game and thena lot changes. We then don't have as much pressure in the Blackburn game and maybe we don't make all the substitutions that we made, and most fans lambasted, and we end up taking at least a point or maybe nicking three.
Sean_Nile
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Sean_Nile »

Form is only an indicator to predict an outcome. In horse racing you are given a small sample of results the last 5 races and if you see 11111 that tells you the horse has been on good form, (or a team is in good form) but that gives no assurance it will win the next time. So many other factors enter into play, how far did the horse travel to the event, (travelling down to Plymouth) is the trainer having success with his other horses,(what are the other managers like) what jockey has been booked, (best performing players) what are the ground conditions,(hostile environment) is the horse wearing blinkers for the first time, (mental concentration) has it had a wind op, (recovering from surgery) has it dropped or moved up in grade... (Championship or Premiership) So many intangibles.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

In hindsight (which i v much admit, Cjay is v good at) i've no doubt DF would've done some things differently and he himself would admit some mistakes, ALL managers make them, and especially considering that wonderful thing 'hindsight'

There is nothing between us top 3 maybe 4 that that thing called 'luck' isn't gonna play a huge huge part in these remaining matches, penalties, goal line clearances, posts hit, chances missed, chances taken etc etc etc, and i will 100% guarantee that the teams that have lady luck on their side will be the 2 that get auto, then it will also come into play in the play offs if greatness can't separate the 2 teams in the final.

Get all your fingers and toes crossed, coz i'll guarantee you're gonna see it, whatever it is, wherever it comes from, and how the fck you buy it, i'll never know, but it will appear for some fcker somewhere, sometime.

Bad and good.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Like I said there is no point in trying to reason results this time of year. The weekend proved that in spades. In the PL & Champ. We must be due a massive performance. Monday would be fine.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Sean_Nile wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:57 am Regardless the inference you are making is that we got beat by a, woeful team. I prefer to look at trends whether the form is on the rise or falling.

At 12 games we were in the top 6 and at 4 games we are no longer there. We are trending downwards the same as Lester.

Whereas Boro and Southampton two teams we still have to play are on an upward trend when it comes to their form... Which is borne out by those tables.

That being said being near the top of the table does not preclude you suffering defeat as evidenced by the recent Liverpool result.

Form is only an indicator to predict an outcome. In horse racing you are given a small sample of results the last 5 races and if you see 11111 that tells you the horse has been on good form, but that gives no assurance it will win the next time. So many other factors enter into play, how far did the horse travel to the event, is the trainer having success with his other horses, what jockey has been booked, what are the ground conditions, is the horse wearing blinkers for the first time, has it had a wind op, has it dropped or moved up in grade... So many intangibles.

And so it is with football if we could predict what is going to happen we'd all be millionaires this time next year.
But none of that changes thay both Sunderland and Blackburn before we played them were and had been for a very decent amount of time 2 of the worst performing sides in the league and one's we should be expecting to best at this stage.

Now we are struggling at the wrong time unfortunately whereas Boro are on the rise and have been for sometime
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Kennyb41 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:34 am !

Said the pot to the kettle.
My stats were far larger so feel free to back up your little dig :)

Won't though never do
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Kennyb41 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:48 am In hindsight (which i v much admit, Cjay is v good at) i've no doubt DF would've done some things differently and he himself would admit some mistakes, ALL managers make them, and especially considering that wonderful thing 'hindsight'

There is nothing between us top 3 maybe 4 that that thing called 'luck' isn't gonna play a huge huge part in these remaining matches, penalties, goal line clearances, posts hit, chances missed, chances taken etc etc etc, and i will 100% guarantee that the teams that have lady luck on their side will be the 2 that get auto, then it will also come into play in the play offs if greatness can't separate the 2 teams in the final.

Get all your fingers and toes crossed, coz i'll guarantee you're gonna see it, whatever it is, wherever it comes from, and how the fck you buy it, i'll never know, but it will appear for some fcker somewhere, sometime.

Bad and good.
You've never ever once backed this up :lol:

I'm consistent in my views, always have been.

This is just another of your wild theories :lol:

And I've told you before and won't tell you again to either stop making your stupid little digs or for once in your time on here back them up with evidence?

Just once.

Please find 1 piece of evidence?

If I do it all the time this should be easy.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Kennyb41 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:31 am I see our resident child is on his orangebox again, tut tut, wildly finding things in his tiny to suit his narrative.

Choosing to keep bangin on abart Pukki, Buendia etc whilst not realising EVERY single team in the land has it's best players.

How long does it take a manager to get his team ticking these days huh ? 5 games ? Because that's what DF did - 5 GAMES!

Look how he managed his players thru the tough Xmas period, thru the tough travelling games we had, how did this shite manager manage to reel in not just 1 but 2 teams that were waltzing this division by 17pts, htf did he do that??

We shouldn't even be going into these last 3 games with a sniff of a chance, but we are, because of the good work he's done throughout the season, I'm not a child that can't see the bigger picture, i don't pluck negatives to suit my narrative, i don't exaggerate and lie to suit my narrative.

This guy has earned respect, and he definitely gets mine.
Oh look.

I've never reported a post before but I wonder how much longer I'm going to let you get away with your keyboard warrior act :duno:

I wouldn't mind so much if you ever backed up your posts but you don't.

Could you point out where I've lied?

No you can't can you . . . . .

I can see why you get banned on every forum you post on, lucky for you I make allowances for trolls.
Signed

King Cjay