Blackburn Rovers Post Match Discussion

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Blackburn Rovers Post Match Discussion

Post by DDB220 »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:45 pm Not sure there was much risk tbh. He was fine and the most likely to change the game. Surely that Smodickz bloke is going in the summer. 25 goals. For Blackburn. Fair play
It was a clever finish back across the keeper at the big target rather than trying to lash it in at the near post.

I agree Gnonto did not look spent to me either.

Tough to take but we are still not out of it. Win at Boro and the group regain some confidence.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Re: Blackburn Rovers Post match discussion

Post by Orange Box »

Cjay wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:10 pm Not going up could be a total disaster, we owe so much money the squad would be smashed to bits.

And no guarantee the venture capital fund would help us rebuild long term, they want a return on the investment not 2,3 years in the money pit that is the Championship.

Farke was always the short term solution, theory being he'd get us up 1st time.

No way he was appointed for more than that no matter what PR said because he's never built anything long term.

If we don't go up this season then so be it, get rid of Farke and go for someone more used to long term building and making the best of what he has.

We've gambled on the supposed sure thing.
Makes sense to me, other clubs do it. Thing is, will the Leeds fan base tolerate another unknown, aka Ted Lasso?
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

DDB220 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:58 pm It was a clever finish back across the keeper at the big target rather than trying to lash it in at the near post.

Tough to take but we are still not out of it. Win at Boro and the group regain some confidence.
It was a really well worked goal although we helped them out a little.
I must admit I’d describe myself as an optimist but I’m struggling to see where a win is coming from.
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

Cjay wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:54 pm It's interesting how perception and maybe frustration can cloud reality.

If you go look at the heatmaps of Piroe and Bamford they actually are very similar and that doesn't take into account Piroe was moved into midfield for 30 minutes.

The difference was once Bamford came on we had no choice but to get the ball forward more, we literally had no midfield.

Position wise though it's basically the same.
Agreed re: the midfield switch, but I think Piroe’s touch is a bit heavier than Bamford’s and Bamford’s runs and hold up play are better. Obviously, Piroe’s shot is far superior to Paddy’s but I don’t think Piroe got a shot on target today. Honestly, there isn’t much between the two in my eyes, and for what we paid for Piroe, we should be getting more from him. I think Max on Just Joe referred to him as a jigsaw piece…a round one where nothing fits neatly against.

Personally, I’d prefer Joseph to either as I think he’s probably the most in form of the bunch, but I suspect Farke will revert back to starting Paddy against Boro. Hopefully he saw continued starters out of Gnonto and Roberts who I think added more dynamism, tempo, and overall balance to the squad.
Last edited by JoeDenver on Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
pandagirl
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by pandagirl »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:15 pm Welcome Panda. Welcome to MOT where we all as Leeds fans go through the disappointments together.
Thanks, very nice here

It`s all too easy to jump on the hate bamford bandwagon, but i will say, he has a purple patch every year for about a month (even this season) where he looks great

But costs us again and again.

Really need a fit/ alert/ fast dangerman (like an ivan tony or izak or jota ) i know these guys are out of our league (quite literally), but thats what we need, because it just seems like be a lot of huff, puff and no end product.

By the way, Elland Road was PUMPING! (loudest i heard it in ages), but that goal from Blackburn killed it, totally killed the atmosphere. (But that isnt the fans fault) :angel:
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Cjay wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:10 pm Not going up could be a total disaster, we owe so much money the squad would be smashed to bits.

And no guarantee the venture capital fund would help us rebuild long term, they want a return on the investment not 2,3 years in the money pit that is the Championship.

Farke was always the short term solution, theory being he'd get us up 1st time.

No way he was appointed for more than that no matter what PR said because he's never built anything long term.

If we don't go up this season then so be it, get rid of Farke and go for someone more used to long term building and making the best of what he has.

We've gambled on the supposed sure thing.
:lol: You really are laughable.

You mean find a guy like Bert ?

Let's face it, like 93% of LUFC fans, you want another Manager-go-round.

You had the best, but were blinkered, shame dat.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:30 pm :lol: You really are laughable.

You mean find a guy like Bert ?

Let's face it, like 93% of LUFC fans, you want another Manager-go-round.

You had the best, but were blinkered, shame dat.
Bielsa hadn't stuck around long enough to build anything either since the mid 90s. . . . . .
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

JoeDenver wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:22 pm Agreed re: the midfield switch, but I think Piroe’s touch is a bit heavier than Bamford’s and Bamford’s runs and hold up play are better. Obviously, Piroe’s shot is far superior to Paddy’s but I don’t think Piroe got a shot on target today. Honestly, there isn’t much between the two in my eyes, and for what we paid for Piroe, we should be getting more from him. I think Max on Just Joe referred to him as a jigsaw piece…a round one where nothing fits neatly against.

Personally, I’d prefer Joseph to either as I think he’s probably the most in form of the bunch, but I suspect Farke will revert back to starting Paddy against Boro. Hopefully he saw continued starters out of Gnonto and Roberts who I think added more dynamism, tempo, and overall balance to the squad.
I'd disagree, I think Piroe is a much better all round player.

Plenty of instances of him holding on to possession and spreading the play today.

Especially 1st half.

The evidence of this is simply in the pass accuracy over the season which is far better than Paddy despite playing in the congested midfield areas.

I think people should look at the style first and the players who were thriving in Bamford's purple patch.

Summerville and Rutter who are now struggling.

Our issues today were deeper not Piroe.

Piroe hasn't gone from 1 of the top all round strikers in the league for lower mid table sides to worse than Bamford overnight.

For me the style, slow build up and safety first style is the issue.

He held up the ball and laid it off from deep, he had to come deep to get involved.

I really don't see why anyone who watched Bamford today and for the last 5, 6 games (missed a great chance again) wants to swap Piroe out after 1 game with a knackered/half fit Rutter and totally out of form Summerville for support.

I personally will die on the hill Piroe is a far superior all round player than Bamford.

But being shifted around all season (now as an 8) and never being given a run of games in his preferred position has ruined him this season.
Last edited by Cjay on Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Broad Ford
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Broad Ford »

There's no point in crying over what might have been. Blackburn deserved their goal and a point at the very least.

A number of years ago in the Championship, Leeds were away to a very good Norwich side and the bookies were offering me 19/1 on a 1-1 draw. I staked a £5 on a struggling Leeds to score and they did with their only shot on target. I collected £100.

Look forwards to the playoffs now where Leeds could grace Wembley in style.
Keep the faith.
If you don't know where you are going, every road will get you nowhere.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:40 pm We'd have smelt promotion.

My god, we do make things difficult for ourselves. As I posted above, I'm used to it.

I suspect I won't regret being on holiday when the Southampton game comes round.
We'll be crying into our fish and chips together Leon... :cry:
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

pandagirl wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:58 pm I`m optimistic!
Only live 10 min walk from the ground in Churwell.

But i`m so dissapointed

Leicester and Ipswich has literally put it on a plate for us, and we still can`t take advantage.

Nothing will do less than 3 straight wins, and a hope that leicester or ipswich draw one of their games.
Just dont fancy our chances in the playoffs.

Such a shame, i love this team so much, but for a while back, (even with the hull game), we have been struggling especially with the final product.
Welcome Pandagirl, great to have a new voice on here. Keep your posts coming.
Keeping The Faith
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:06 pm It was a really well worked goal although we helped them out a little.
I must admit I’d describe myself as an optimist but I’m struggling to see where a win is coming from.
Aye it does seem like there is a lack of belief running through the team. But this is a massive test of character. You cannot go in to the playoffs, if it comes to that, without fighting spirit. Need to muster some bollocks in the team. Talent only gets you so far, desire and a willingness to run though a brick wall for the team is what we need. I look at some of the players and I do not see it in plentiful supply. This is where the likes of Cooper comes in - character. That is what we have missed on the pitch these last few games. Plenty on here will say he is a disaster - well it could not get any fecking worse right now result wise. Get the leaders on the pitch is what I say.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

DDB220 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:58 pm It was a clever finish back across the keeper at the big target rather than trying to lash it in at the near post.

Gnonto didn't look 'spent' at all, he also didn't go off injured, and will be ready for the next game if he doesn't breakdown in training.

Shudder the thought he pulls up in the 89th minute today,
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:53 pm I hear they have very good incontinence undies for when you squat down quickly.... Essential at your time of life I believe :P :P

:) :)
You're only jealous that someone ten years older would take you to the cleaners with regard to my three sporting activities. :shhh:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:03 pm We've a mess and a half to clean up in the summer Leon.

JKAs pockets to fill, debts to settle, useless players to ditch and our best players will be off.

We need to get promoted this season.
Yes, I feel we have one more crack at promotion, James.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Barlow Boy wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:35 pm Been up Churwell Hill many a time.

As always been to the game today, and come away very down, probably the worst I’ve felt for some time.

What an opportunity wasted.
Good to see you again, mate.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Tyzy wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:42 pm Me too now I've calmed down , Cornwall next Friday for a week,hoping the weather improves ! Where you off to 64 ?
Southwold, (Suffolk coast) on May 4th (missing the Saints game), St Ives (Cornwall) end of June, Seahouses (Northumberland) first week in September.

I love the coast.

Where are you staying in Cornwall, Tyzy?
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

DDB220 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:16 pm Aye it does seem like there is a lack of belief running through the team. But this is a massive test of character. You cannot go in to the playoffs, if it comes to that, without fighting spirit. Need to muster some bollocks in the team. Talent only gets you so far, desire and a willingness to run though a brick wall for the team is what we need. I look at some of the players and I do not see it in plentiful supply. This is where the likes of Cooper comes in - character. That is what we have missed on the pitch these last few games. Plenty on here will say he is a disaster - well it could not get any fecking worse right now result wise. Get the leaders on the pitch is what I say.
There's a case for bringing LC back in, and after 9 days rest, playing Ampadu and Kamara back in midfield, PB up top.

;@)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:45 pm Not sure there was much risk tbh. He was fine and the most likely to change the game. Surely that Smodickz bloke is going in the summer. 25 goals. For Blackburn. Fair play
Playing in a poor team as well.
Tyzy
First Team
First Team

Post by Tyzy »

1964white wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:32 pm Southwold, (Suffolk coast) on May 4th (missing the Saints game), St Ives (Cornwall) end of June, Seahouses (Northumberland) first week in September.

I love the coast.

Where are you staying in Cornwall, Tyzy?
We stay in an apartment overlooking the golf course and Fistral beach in Newquay ,we go every year out of season ,costs an arm and a leg in the summer months plus its no too busy 👍