Blackburn Rovers Post Match Discussion

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Blackburn Rovers Post Match Discussion

Post by Kennyb41 »

pandagirl wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:58 pm I`m optimistic!
Only live 10 min walk from the ground in Churwell.

But i`m so dissapointed

Leicester and Ipswich has literally put it on a plate for us, and we still can`t take advantage.

Nothing will do less than 3 straight wins, and a hope that leicester or ipswich draw one of their games.
Just dont fancy our chances in the playoffs.

Such a shame, i love this team so much, but for a while back, (even with the hull game), we have been struggling especially with the final product.
Do you think Bert shudda been sacked Panda ?
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Blackburn Rovers Post match discussion

Post by Jaydog »

White Riot wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:08 pm No doubt Farke would dive in to save him, seen as he loves him that much.
I think he’d throw a few subs in to get him out. Excuse the pun.
Dan James would be one “oh is it, get him out like is it. Oh too late isn’t it”.
Ipswich won’t fade. As predicted.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

pandagirl wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:08 pm New to this forum, lurker for a long time

Finally decided to sign up

I can simply not believe we couldnt score against a team who just shipped five in their last game

How bad is that

Also the Bamford issue goes way back, i remember even before we got promoted to the PL he cost us many times,
and arguably last season his misses cost us several games.

He has maybe one good month, early winter every season, rest of the time he is garbage or injured!

So dissapointed, we have literally been given it on a plate by ipswich and leicester dropping points and we STILL cant take advantage!

:(
Welcome Panda. Welcome to MOT where we all as Leeds fans go through the disappointments together.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:08 pm I am nowhere near as angry as i was after the Sunderland game.

DF has done a remarkable job getting us into this position, rest PB now for 9 days, bring him back, play like today, and we'll go up.

Gnonto was subbed because he's coming back from injury and had run himself ragged, injuries occur most in the last 15 mins of games, i didn't understand the sub,but now do, DF has mentioned this in his presser, so i understand and back him. He has to manage his players.

Stick to this gameplan with PB in the last 3 and we go up, a rested Kamara will also help.
What Mckenna has done is remarkable.

What Corberan has done is remarkable (in far more difficult circumstances than DF has had as well)

What Wilder did getting back to back promotions is remarkable.

What Mark Robins has done is remarkable.

3 of those teams did it with massive boardroom and ownership turmoil as well.

This isn't remarkable in my book.
Last edited by Cjay on Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

pandagirl wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:08 pm New to this forum, lurker for a long time

Finally decided to sign up

I can simply not believe we couldnt score against a team who just shipped five in their last game

How bad is that

Also the Bamford issue goes way back, i remember even before we got promoted to the PL he cost us many times,
and arguably last season his misses cost us several games.

He has maybe one good month, early winter every season, rest of the time he is garbage or injured!

So dissapointed, we have literally been given it on a plate by ipswich and leicester dropping points and we STILL cant take advantage!

:(
Welcome to the forum
Signed

King Cjay

andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:08 pm I am nowhere near as angry as i was after the Sunderland game.

DF has done a remarkable job getting us into this position, rest PB now for 9 days, bring him back, play like today, and we'll go up.

Gnonto was subbed because he's coming back from injury and had run himself ragged, injuries occur most in the last 15 mins of games, i didn't understand the sub,but now do, DF has mentioned this in his presser, so i understand and back him. He has to manage his players.

Stick to this gameplan with PB in the last 3 and we go up, a rested Kamara will also help.
Surprised at how many jumped on the Gnonto substitution. You're right. Farke didn't even think he'd be able to start him today. He probably was only scheduled to play 60. So the bigger surprise would be that he actually played 80.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:13 pm I think he’d throw a few subs in to get him out. Excuse the pun.
Dan James would be one “oh is it, get him out like is it. Oh too late isn’t it”.
There's fancy init?

Couple of the European lads doing ok 8-)
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Cjay wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:10 pm Not going up could be a total disaster, we owe so much money the squad would be smashed to bits.

And no guarantee the venture capital fund would help us rebuild long term, they want a return on the investment not 2,3 years in the money pit that is the Championship.

Farke was always the short term solution, theory being he'd get us up 1st time.

No way he was appointed for more than that no matter what PR said because he's never built anything long term.

If we don't go up this season then so be it, get rid of Farke and go for someone more used to long term building and making the best of what he has.

We've gambled on the supposed sure thing.
I don't share your views on Farke, But I do agree that rebuilding a squad for the championship will be a big job. We will lose many players. We'll generate some cash from that. But the accounts just showed that we need to sell.

We'll have to make a lot of signings and that will all take time to gel.
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

Joe was making the same case re: Gnonto so I get it. Suspect that was the logic with subbing Roberts, as well. But I don’t have to like them being subbed since they were playing so well, do I?

Also agree re: Paddy. Wish he wouldn’t have been looking to dive all the time and instead had focused on knocking the ball into the net. At least he was getting into dangerous spots whereas Piroe…another anonymous performance for me.

The 9 days rest comes at a good time. Gray, in particular, looked leggy out there. Also gives Geo more time to recover. Also thought Anthony was a bit of a spark with his crosses at the end. Hopefully that threat perks Jimmy’s game back up…
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:10 pm Do you think Bert shudda been sacked Panda ?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :roflmao:
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

White Riot wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:23 pm There's fancy init?

Couple of the European lads doing ok 8-)
Aberg 👍🏼
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

pandagirl wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:58 pm I`m optimistic!
Only live 10 min walk from the ground in Churwell.

But i`m so dissapointed

Leicester and Ipswich has literally put it on a plate for us, and we still can`t take advantage.

Nothing will do less than 3 straight wins, and a hope that leicester or ipswich draw one of their games.
Just dont fancy our chances in the playoffs.

Such a shame, i love this team so much, but for a while back, (even with the hull game), we have been struggling especially with the final product.
Been up Churwell Hill many a time.

As always been to the game today, and come away very down, probably the worst I’ve felt for some time.

What an opportunity wasted.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Gnonto really wasn’t run ragged. If he can play 80 I’m fairly sure he could’ve managed the last 10.
No idea what game you’re watching if you think that.
His subs ruined any momentum that we had.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:34 pm Aberg 👍🏼
Hojgaard 8-)

Sound like they should be playing for Brentford :)
Tyzy
First Team
First Team

Post by Tyzy »

1964white wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:00 pm Why wouldn't we recruit quality signings in the summer?
Just thinking back to Rasmus,Roca and Co ,some very poor signings that contributed to our demise
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:37 pm Gnonto really wasn’t run ragged. If he can play 80 I’m fairly sure he could’ve managed the last 10.
No idea what game you’re watching if you think that.
His subs ruined any momentum that we had.
It's at the stage of the season where a winner from Willy could have been worth the risk.
Tyzy
First Team
First Team

Post by Tyzy »

1964white wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:57 pm I'm thinking about my holidays :lol:
Me too now I've calmed down , Cornwall next Friday for a week,hoping the weather improves ! Where you off to 64 ?
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Tyzy wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:40 pm Just thinking back to Rasmus,Roca and Co ,some very poor signings that contributed to our demise
:tup:

I said that when we got promoted, if the recruitment was bad that we would pay the price for many years.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

White Riot wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:41 pm It's at the stage of the season where a winner from Willy could have been worth the risk.
Not sure there was much risk tbh. He was fine and the most likely to change the game. Surely that Smodickz bloke is going in the summer. 25 goals. For Blackburn. Fair play
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

JoeDenver wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:31 pm Joe was making the same case re: Gnonto so I get it. Suspect that was the logic with subbing Roberts, as well. But I don’t have to like them being subbed since they were playing so well, do I?

Also agree re: Paddy. Wish he wouldn’t have been looking to dive all the time and instead had focused on knocking the ball into the net. At least he was getting into dangerous spots whereas Piroe…another anonymous performance for me.

The 9 days rest comes at a good time. Gray, in particular, looked leggy out there. Also gives Geo more time to recover. Also thought Anthony was a bit of a spark with his crosses at the end. Hopefully that threat perks Jimmy’s game back up…
It's interesting how perception and maybe frustration can cloud reality.

If you go look at the heatmaps of Piroe and Bamford they actually are very similar and that doesn't take into account Piroe was moved into midfield for 30 minutes.

The difference was once Bamford came on we had no choice but to get the ball forward more, we literally had no midfield.

Position wise though it's basically the same.
Signed

King Cjay