The World Has Gone Mad!!!

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
hector

Re: The World Has Gone Mad!!!

Post by hector »

The Subhuman wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:48 pm Ahh my apologies, didn't see that.
no worries
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

The Subhuman wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:36 pm I posted something that, once I read back, could have been misread as sexism, on waccoe a while back. I apologized before I was even pulled up and I'm not sure I would have been
In one simple post what’s wrong with this country today, feeling you had to apologise for a comment which would have to be misread to be construed as sexist. People need to stop waking up every single day wondering how they’re going to be offended that day. Life is hard enough, smile & move on.
Keeping The Faith
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

IMG_1836.jpeg
Keeping The Faith
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

For sure, a shocking headline, Cussie...................but not sure it fits the intended purpose of Musicman's thread, given his opener:

"There are so many ridiculous headlines that make the news, some are football related others are not and cover a wide range of
topics. But if you think what you read is absolute madness this is the thread to post your headlines and brief description."

Others may disagree of course.
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:33 pm For sure, a shocking headline, Cussie...................but not sure it fits the intended purpose of Musicman's thread, given his opener:

"There are so many ridiculous headlines that make the news, some are football related others are not and cover a wide range of
topics. But if you think what you read is absolute madness this is the thread to post your headlines and brief description."

Others may disagree of course.
Just thought it suited the headline but happy if someone moves it, can’t delete it now.
Keeping The Faith
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

CUSSIE01 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:55 pm In one simple post what’s wrong with this country today, feeling you had to apologise for a comment which would have to be misread to be construed as sexist. People need to stop waking up every single day wondering how they’re going to be offended that day. Life is hard enough, smile & move on.
Nope, I was fine with it, I didn't feel I needed to I just did. I also don't wake up wondering how I might offend someone. I wake up and just use common sense and whatever little intelligence I have
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

Sara wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:48 am You have accused me of misinterpreting the comment. I'm asking you to justify that accusation by showing me where my interpretation is wrong.
You are way over reacting Sara. Your interpretation is wrong because he states "look at the immigrants that come here and treat it like the shithole theyve come from and expect us to clean up after them".
He does not say ALL immigrants. Surely you agree that there are some that fit his description.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

CUSSIE01 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:55 pm In one simple post what’s wrong with this country today, feeling you had to apologise for a comment which would have to be misread to be construed as sexist. People need to stop waking up every single day wondering how they’re going to be offended that day. Life is hard enough, smile & move on.
if I could find a "clap" emoji I would use it, but I'm just too fecking lazy. Well said Cus.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Overman wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:28 am What did you post? I must have missed that one.
Something and nothing.
Some folk want to tell us all how to regulate our lives and are not at all happy unless you do as instructed, the post was totally innocuous, but some folk decide to take it a different way it was originally meant, then tell us all about it .

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Orange Box wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:39 pm if I could find a "clap" emoji I would use it, but I'm just too fecking lazy. Well said Cus.
:clap: there you are you lazy beggar....
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:51 pm :clap: there you are you lazy beggar....
🤣🤣
Keeping The Faith
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

BobHirst wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:38 pm You are way over reacting Sara. Your interpretation is wrong because he states "look at the immigrants that come here and treat it like the shithole theyve come from and expect us to clean up after them".
He does not say ALL immigrants. Surely you agree that there are some that fit his description.
I think that's semantics and likely implied by the OP, but even if not, why single out immigrants when British people are as bad, maybe worse? .... It's not Sara in the wrong here.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Orange Box wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:39 pm if I could find a "clap" emoji I would use it, but I'm just too fecking lazy. Well said Cus.
Except he's quoting me and I don't agree ... I don't think it's what's wrong with the country.
Madron
First Team
First Team

Post by Madron »

The Subhuman wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:55 pm I think that's semantics and likely implied by the OP, but even if not, why single out immigrants when British people are as bad, maybe worse? .... It's not Sara in the wrong here.
Agreed.
Whatever MC intended it is a very badly worded piece and left the strong impression of 'us' and 'them'
Not sure who the 'us' is supposed to be left doing all the cleaning up.
I do know there are a lot of immigrants working in the NHS, doing a lot of cleaning up.
What would the response be from an immigrant doctor ,nurse or any immigrant for that matter if you used those words to them.
"Thanks for the pills Dr Jahita, but now I got to go out and clear up all that mess those immigrants left behind"
Things you wouldn't say out loud in public shouldn't be used on a public forum either.
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

The Subhuman wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:55 pm I think that's semantics and likely implied by the OP, but even if not, why single out immigrants when British people are as bad, maybe worse? .... It's not Sara in the wrong here.
I don't think it is semantics.
In your mind it is but not in mine,
Because not all immigrants are like that but he is pissed off with the ones that are.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

The Subhuman wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:56 pm Except he's quoting me and I don't agree ... I don't think it's what's wrong with the country.
he was, though I was referring to the sentence beginning, "People...", which I happen to agree with. It takes all sorts, yeah?
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Apologies and I take the quote back. What I was trying to highlight was the fact you apologised for something when you thought you hadn’t done anything wrong. Why ? If someone objects to your post have a conversation and if they change your mind then apologise, if not agree to disagree & move on.
Keeping The Faith
Musicman1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Musicman1965 »

What is the point of making a thread to cover a particular topic when its turned into something completely different.
What a Shame.... :(