Ethan Ampadu

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Ethan Ampadu

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

Source: https://twitter.com/apopey/status/17698 ... eds-united
In Farke we trust...
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Screenshot 2024-03-19 06.31.33.png

Amps compares the comradeship with the players, staff & fans at Leeds to Wales, which can only be a good thing when our lads are away on international duty.

Ampadu was my MOTM vs Millwall, he was immense!
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

A good read for our Doodles....https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68601926
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

My MOTM against Millwall.

28 very good actions including :

15 defensive headers & 4 tackles.

His 15 headers alone was more than the amount of good actions from Kamara, Gruev, Bamford & Gnonto

£7 million was a snip for our current captain.
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Hated to see this match and run end in heartbreak for the boys, but a damn fine performance from both our CBs--albeit with Amps playing in midfield here for Wales:

Source: https://twitter.com/LUFCDATA/status/177 ... gr%5Etweet
In Farke we trust...
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:27 pm Hated to see this match and run end in heartbreak for the boys, but a damn fine performance from both our CBs--albeit with Amps playing in midfield here for Wales:

Source: https://twitter.com/LUFCDATA/status/177 ... gr%5Etweet
At the highest level, hopefully meaning us in the premier league, I think Ampadu has to play as a defensive mid. He's really dynamic and talented. Perfect anchor man for filling in across all defensive positions. And he uses the ball really well going forward. Like I said on Rodon, he would have been a terrific player for half the premier league teams this season. We are so fortunate to have him and at such a bargain price. He's worth 4x what we paid for him.
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:55 pm At the highest level, hopefully meaning us in the premier league, I think Ampadu has to play as a defensive mid. He's really dynamic and talented. Perfect anchor man for filling in across all defensive positions. And he uses the ball really well going forward. Like I said on Rodon, he would have been a terrific player for half the premier league teams this season. We are so fortunate to have him and at such a bargain price. He's worth 4x what we paid for him.
Couldn't agree more with all of this. It's a true toss up for me between Amps and Rodon in terms of the best pound-for-pound player and deal we got. Ethan might just edge Joe for the simply fact that he's fully ours and Joe is a loan. In terms of on the field production, stability, leadership, etc. the differences are "finer than a frog's hair" as we say here in the south :) A good problem to have.
In Farke we trust...
1964white

Post by 1964white »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:55 pm At the highest level, hopefully meaning us in the premier league, I think Ampadu has to play as a defensive mid. He's really dynamic and talented. Perfect anchor man for filling in across all defensive positions. And he uses the ball really well going forward. Like I said on Rodon, he would have been a terrific player for half the premier league teams this season. We are so fortunate to have him and at such a bargain price. He's worth 4x what we paid for him.
Two of his passes were sublime, an awesome performance from Ethan.

Rodon & Ampadu are easily our two most consistent players throughout this season.

Let's hope their CB partnership isn't broken up against Watford & for our remaining fixtures.

Clean sheets win matches.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:23 pm Couldn't agree more with all of this. It's a true toss up for me between Amps and Rodon in terms of the best pound-for-pound player and deal we got. Ethan might just edge Joe for the simply fact that he's fully ours and Joe is a loan. In terms of on the field production, stability, leadership, etc. the differences are "finer than a frog's hair" as we say here in the south :) A good problem to have.
I highlighted both Joe & Ethan as our two main leaders earlier this season, proven in spades since.
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

1964white wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:36 pm I highlighted both Joe & Ethan as our two main leaders earlier this season, proven in spades since.
Exactly, '64. It really is something I dread, maybe even more than Geo's injury on the other side of the ball. Again, don't want to jinx anything, but we all know what we're trying not to think :shhh:
In Farke we trust...
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I think the Struijk/Rodon/Ampadu triangle will be a good defensive unit for us if we're in the prem next season.. Ethan dropping in as the 3rd CB when the wing backs get forward
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

The Subhuman wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:22 am I think the Struijk/Rodon/Ampadu triangle will be a good defensive unit for us if we're in the prem next season.. Ethan dropping in as the 3rd CB when the wing backs get forward
Might seem weird to say. But if we go up, I think Cresswell will get more playing time. The reason being that we can afford to lose a few games in the premier league. This season, it's been so critical to win almost every game and only two positions in the table to aim for. Next season we'll be happy to finish in any of 17 positions.
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:43 pm Might seem weird to say. But if we go up, I think Cresswell will get more playing time. The reason being that we can afford to lose a few games in the premier league. This season, it's been so critical to win almost every game and only two positions in the table to aim for. Next season we'll be happy to finish in any of 17 positions.
I hadn’t considered how your point might have factored in to the thinking behind Creswell’s lack of PT. The margin for error this season, considering the historic records teams are posting, is much, much thinner. Definitely not the case next season if we get promoted.
In Farke we trust...
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

If you considered primarily value for money is Ampadu one of the great bargains. For 7m£.
Or maybe he can’t make it in the Prem which is why Chelsea flogged him. I go for the former.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:43 pm Might seem weird to say. But if we go up, I think Cresswell will get more playing time. The reason being that we can afford to lose a few games in the premier league. This season, it's been so critical to win almost every game and only two positions in the table to aim for. Next season we'll be happy to finish in any of 17 positions.
Top 2 for me, nothing less :mwa:
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:00 pm I hadn’t considered how your point might have factored in to the thinking behind Creswell’s lack of PT. The margin for error this season, considering the historic records teams are posting, is much, much thinner. Definitely not the case next season if we get promoted.
You said it better than I. Margin of error. It's almost like we can't afford that one mistake that might cost us 2 or 3 points.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Amps got a fair bit of stick & average ratings after the Hull game.

Have a look at the amount of involvement in the match.

Positives
8 Interceptions
5 Good passes
4 Runs into their half
3 Defensive clearances
3 Defensive headers
3 Tackles
2 Defensive headers

Negatives
5 Poor passes
1 Missed out on the duel with Cavalho for their goal
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

1964white wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:42 am Amps got a fair bit of stick & average ratings after the Hull game.

Have a look at the amount of involvement in the match.

Positives
8 Interceptions
5 Good passes
4 Runs into their half
3 Defensive clearances
3 Defensive headers
3 Tackles
2 Defensive headers

Negatives
5 Poor passes
1 Missed out on the duel with Cavalho for their goal
The Cavalho goal was not a huge error, Ampadu tracked him and was goal side, you have to credit cavalho with the finish it was very well executed from a ball that was fizzed in. The initial 50/50 at the edge of the box involving their player and Geo was also significant. But every goal has a lot of moving parts and I do not think either was directly responsible- sometimes you just have to accept that it was very well executed.

Amps made a few wayward long passes, simply because there was no outlet or players offering an easier option for the ball as you would expect. I had him 3rd on my list of ratings after Cry and Rodon. I couldn’t be bothered making a post.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Interesting watching McKenna & Co instantly refer to the iPad on a stick when a goal conceded/scored, foul or whatever happens. Does Farke do that, if he does I haven’t noticed.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Nothing much wrong with Ampadu's performance v Hull. Sure a few wayward passes but not surprised he tried to go long more often as we were giving it away quite often in our own half. Sometimes the long ball over the top is an excellent outlet.Certainly felt we looked less likely to concede v Hull than we did against Watford.

Farke looks at those monitor things quite a bit but I feel it is more to judge if players are fatigued or at risk of a muscle injury. Not sure if you can see highlights of goals etc so it might be McKenna is simply looking to make substitutions after goals and is seeing who is not pulling their weight. McKenna does tend to make subs far more often and earlier which is why he may be spotted more often looking at the monitor. With Farke I get the impression that he judges things by his eyes and a feel for the game and is then alerted by a monitor monitor when a player needs to be hooked for a physical reason.