Joey Barton

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Joey Barton

Post by Cjay »

And now he has his platform which is probably all this was about.

Get some attention :)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Always been a prick. Gender has absolutely no impact on a person's ability to understand and/or critique football. Some great male players are absolutely stealing a living as pundits and, whilst some of the females may be doing the same, any I've seen have more than held their own against their male counterparts. Barton must have something to sell, going down the shock jock route
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Well said Joey, women commentators in football !!!
Don't see any men in their game ,oh hang on, those 2 arse lickers Jenas and Wright.
Was about to hashtag getthemout but someone might have complained :lol:
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

I don't like women commentating on men's football either but it's just my opinion, it isn't going to change anything. I think the majority of men over 40 probably feel the same way. It's what we've been brought up on.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Chilli D wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:20 pm I don't like women commentating on men's football either but it's just my opinion, it isn't going to change anything. I think the majority of men over 40 probably feel the same way. It's what we've been brought up on.
Lucy Ward is excellent...the rest? Get rid....and I'm a girlie!
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Barton has lost it, 9 tweets in the last hour droning on.

Trying to get the attention of Laura Woods and Bianca Westwood.

Strange man.

Anyway Bianca has put out a statement.
https://x.com/beewestwood/status/173309 ... 01279?s=20
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

In the sense that do I find some female commentators annoying? Yes.

But I also find plenty of male ones annoying

Do some women get jobs because they are women? Perhaps.

But isn't that how football works? People getting jobs for things based on what they know or who or what they did?

Lampard for a start.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

mentalcase wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:45 pm Well said Joey, women commentators in football !!!
Don't see any men in their game ,oh hang on, those 2 arse lickers Jenas and Wright.
Was about to hashtag getthemout but someone might have complained :lol:
Those screechy voices do my head in, to the extent I turn the volume down.

That gem of a commentator Dion Dublin is heavily involved in women's football :roll:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Apparently he decided to go for some kid who was appearing in goal and made a mistake

Her Dad responded

Also happens to be a kickboxing champ

Oh and Joey is being sued by Jeremy Vine

Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:33 pm Apparently he decided to go for some kid who was appearing in goal and made a mistake

Her Dad responded

Also happens to be a kickboxing champ

Oh and Joey is being sued by Jeremy Vine

Two arsehole human beings going to court ... quelle surprise
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Sean_Nile
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Sean_Nile »

The Subhuman wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:13 pm Two arsehole human beings going to court ... quelle surprise
I believe joey called Jeremy a "bicyling nonce" which is considered hate speech because Ofcom have deemed that word offensive along with another 186 words that should not be uttered.

To my surprise the dictionary says
in phrase for the nonce (Middle English for þe naness, c. 1200) "for a special occasion, for a particular purpose," and only recently has it become a derogatory term...and some how Lewis Caroll used the noun in his writings, and because of his relationship with young Alice, researchers have labelled him a nonce.

On this forum I have read many of the words deemed offensive by Ofcom most likely used unwittingly because people did not know they were indulging in hate speech. Luckily there is a song that lists most of the offending words which you can refer to, so that forum members will not transgress in the future. :angel: :duno: proceed at your own discretion

https://youtu.be/q5ZoeYze-og?si=WA5m3tLilGIptOIr

I have noticed that the software of MOT goes someway towards putting asterisks in words that are deemed offensive but I doubt that the whole Ofcom list is covered.

In the future will we all be hunted down by Ofcom for using hate speech?